Public Education Failing

Remember all the disruptive delinquent students who bring scores down must be given an education no matter how egregious their behaviors so I suppose every last one can be shipped to the best schools.
Majority Rule. Everything Else is Sponsored by the 1%, Who MUST Have Only 1% of the Power

"Must"? The elitists, Right and Left, don't pass our muster, only the supremacist Constitution's muster. We don't have to accept rules made by a hostile oligarchy. We are a democracy, not a republic. Both the Left and Right Wings of the oligarchy can take their elitist Constitution and use it to wipe the blood off their arrogant mouths when we punch them out.

65% of Public School 8th Graders Not Proficient in Reading; 67% Not Proficient in Math

Why am I not surprised? And here's what they don't report in the article - How many TEACHERS are proficient in the subjects they are supposed to teach? And, notice which are the worst school systems - those run by whom?

(CNSNews.com) - Sixty-five percent of the eighth graders in American public schools in 2017 were not proficient in reading and 67 percent were not proficient in mathematics, according to the National Assessment of Educational Progress test results released by the U.S. Department of Education.

The results are far worse for students enrolled in some urban districts.

Among the 27 large urban districts for which the Department of Education published 2017 NAEP test scores, the Detroit public schools had the lowest percentage of students who scored proficient or better in math and the lowest percentage who scored proficient or better in reading.

Only 5 percent of Detroit public-school eighth graders were proficient or better in math. Only 7 percent were proficient or better in reading.

In the Cleveland public schools, only 11 percent of eight graders were proficient or better in math and only 10 percent were proficient or better in reading.

In the Baltimore public schools, only 11 percent were proficient or better in math and only 13 percent were proficient or better in reading.

In the Fresno public schools, only 11 percent were proficient or better in math and only 14 percent were proficient or better in reading.

More disgusting news @ 65% of Public School 8th Graders Not Proficient in Reading; 67% Not Proficient in Math

65% of Public School 8th Graders Not Proficient in Reading; 67% Not Proficient in Math

Why am I not surprised? And here's what they don't report in the article - How many TEACHERS are proficient in the subjects they are supposed to teach? And, notice which are the worst school systems - those run by whom?

(CNSNews.com) - Sixty-five percent of the eighth graders in American public schools in 2017 were not proficient in reading and 67 percent were not proficient in mathematics, according to the National Assessment of Educational Progress test results released by the U.S. Department of Education.

The results are far worse for students enrolled in some urban districts.

Among the 27 large urban districts for which the Department of Education published 2017 NAEP test scores, the Detroit public schools had the lowest percentage of students who scored proficient or better in math and the lowest percentage who scored proficient or better in reading.

Only 5 percent of Detroit public-school eighth graders were proficient or better in math. Only 7 percent were proficient or better in reading.

In the Cleveland public schools, only 11 percent of eight graders were proficient or better in math and only 10 percent were proficient or better in reading.

In the Baltimore public schools, only 11 percent were proficient or better in math and only 13 percent were proficient or better in reading.

In the Fresno public schools, only 11 percent were proficient or better in math and only 14 percent were proficient or better in reading.

More disgusting news @ 65% of Public School 8th Graders Not Proficient in Reading; 67% Not Proficient in Math

"How many TEACHERS are proficient in the subjects they are supposed to teach?"

Almost all of them are proficient. That is why we were required to take subject area exams for every topic we teach. I taught history and math so I had to take and pass tests in both of them. The only exception is when you have a teacher that is not certified to teach a subject for which they are not certified, but no other teacher can be hired to teach that has the certification. If they didn't do that, no one could take the class.

Remember all the disruptive delinquent students who bring scores down must be given an education no matter how egregious their behaviors so I suppose every last one can be shipped to the best schools.
Majority Rule. Everything Else is Sponsored by the 1%, Who MUST Have Only 1% of the Power

"Must"? The elitists, Right and Left, don't pass our muster, only the supremacist Constitution's muster. We don't have to accept rules made by a hostile oligarchy. We are a democracy, not a republic. Both the Left and Right Wings of the oligarchy can take their elitist Constitution and use it to wipe the blood off their arrogant mouths when we punch them out.

Quote the US Constitution as to the type of government we have.

We are a republican, not a democracy.

We are a REPRESENTATIVE REPUBLIC! A very important distinction.

Read what the Constitution says.

"We are a democracy, not a republic."

Since you are OBVIOUSLY not a citizen of the United States, why are you bothering to comment? Some sort of OCD behavior?

Here in Los Angeles, the school board has just selected a new superintendent for the nation's second largest public school district (in terms of numbers of students).

During the last few decades, the board has selected superintendents of both genders and of most ethnicities. Each one has failed to make much progress in improving student outcomes.

Each new superintendent promised to transform the district. S/he eventually left without having done so.

I am not a Nostradamus, but this new guy is going to meet the same fate.

NO amount of money will ever change the low academic scores of most students from low-income families.

The only thing that can turn this ship around is strong family support for education and a home environment that prizes education.

INHO, that ain't gonna happen.
Insulting Parents, Students, and Smartkids Is the Hidden Cause of Failure

For decades, those who have been dumbed down themselves have chanted the same blame-the-family propaganda. If true, that would also cause poor performance in school sports. But it doesn't, so the fault lies in the teaching methods and the fact that there is no team system. Let the highest-scoring academic team have Friday off; the lowest-scoring one would have to come in on Saturday. Anticipating a dumbed-down objection, my smarted-up proposal will have team parity in IQs, of course.

"We are a democracy, not a republic."

why are you bothering to comment?
You Mamas' Boys Hate Your Daddies for Not Getting Rich and Spoiling You

Only pathetic anti-social losers get a feeling of being winners if they submit to a republican elitist oligarchy.

Here in Los Angeles, the school board has just selected a new superintendent for the nation's second largest public school district (in terms of numbers of students).

During the last few decades, the board has selected superintendents of both genders and of most ethnicities. Each one has failed to make much progress in improving student outcomes.

Each new superintendent promised to transform the district. S/he eventually left without having done so.

NO amount of money will ever change the low academic scores of most students from low-income families.

The only thing that can turn this ship around is strong family support for education and a home environment that prizes education.

For decades, those who have been dumbed down themselves have chanted the same blame-the-family propaganda. If true, that would also cause poor performance in school sports. But it doesn't, so the fault lies in the teaching methods and the fact that there is no team system. Let the highest-scoring academic team have Friday off; the lowest-scoring one would have to come in on Saturday. Anticipating a dumbed-down objection, my smarted-up proposal will have team parity in IQs, of course.
How do you propose making parents buy in on sending their kids to school on Saturday?

We are a republican , republic not a democracy.

Let Me Talk to the Organ Grinder, Not His Monkey

If you say so. But it's not really you saying it; you blindly obey elitist Constitutional politics, whether Commie or Bircher makes no difference.

...We are a democracy, not a republic. Both the Left and Right Wings of the oligarchy can take their elitist Constitution and use it to wipe the blood off their arrogant mouths when we punch them out.

You’re not punching anyone out, so just calm down, tough guy. And we ARE a Republic. How can you not know that?

How do you propose making parents buy in on sending their kids to school on Saturday?

The ridiculous ‘plan’ aside:

What’s the big deal about school on Saturday?

Read what the Constitution says.

I have. Every part of it and nowhere does it say the words "Democracy."

Forum List

Back