Public Education At its Best

Skull Pilot

Diamond Member
Nov 17, 2007
I just saw this and was speechless

[youtube]kDEAYgm0Dv8&eur[/youtube]

Is this what we pay our teachers to do to our kids?

Three decades of crappy public school education is how we got Obama. Expect more of the same in the years to come.

What do you expect when the worst students are the only ones pursuing teaching certifications?

There are many thousands of people who are more qualified to teach than the so called educators that now reign over our classrooms but are not allowed because they didn't take enough credits on how to fill out a lesson plan. Thank the NEA for that

teachers want to be addressed as professionals without any of the responsiblities of professionals..and you have many teachers simply teaching out of their fields. classic education is dead

I scored in the top 5% of SATS.

I graduated cum laude from Boston University with a degree in social sciences (history mostly) and literature but one specializing in (meaning having taken a few course) in secondary education.

I scored in the top 5% of LSATs, and the top 1% of GMATS, too.

I decided became an educator, anyway.

I was driven from that profession by the absurdity of how teachers are treated by the administrations controlled by people who intellectually wouldn't make a garbuncle on my ass, folks.

Johnny cannot read because any nitwit with a lot of nitwit friends can end up on school boards in charge of our local school systems.

Johnny cannot read because educators do not control education at the K-12 level.

Real estate agents, school bus drivers, retired bank clerks, and housewives with too much time on their hands, end up running our schools.

I couldn't have designed a worse system for who controls our educational process, than we have in this nation.

Last edited:
I scored in the top 5% of SATS.

I graduated cum laude from Boston University with a degree in social sciences (history mostly) and literature but one specializing in (meaning having taken a few course) in secondary education.

I scored in the top 5% of LSATs, and the top 1% of GMATS, too.

I decided became an educator, anyway.

I was driven from that profession by the absurdity of how teachers are treated by the administrations controlled by people who intellectually wouldn't make a garbuncle on my ass, folks.

Johnny cannot read because any nitwit with a lot of nitwit friends can end up on school boards in charge of our local school systems.

Johnny cannot read because educators do not control education at the K-12 level.

Real estate agents, scholl bus drivers, retired bank clerks, and housewives with too much time on their hands, end up running our schools.

I couldn't have designed a worse system for who controls our educational process, than we have in this nation.

took me 6 months to realize that....momma comes to school and says she is sorry for the behavior of said kid....they are let back in class....and heaven forbid you should deal with football players and give them their true grades

What do you expect when the worst students are the only ones pursuing teaching certifications?

There are many thousands of people who are more qualified to teach than the so called educators that now reign over our classrooms but are not allowed because they didn't take enough credits on how to fill out a lesson plan. Thank the NEA for that

So I guess my 3.6 GPA at the Univ of Florida(ranked 16th in the country as Public) and then my 4.0 in Graduate School for History and Sec Ed makes me a bad student?

Your comment shows how little you know about Education and you have no more credibility

Too bad they didn’t have U-Tube in 1984, I had a 6th grade teacher that truly had a hard on for Regan and wouldn’t shut up about it. It was inappropriate then and its’ inappropriate now, but it didn’t turn me into a neo-conservative either.

From my personal experiences, I am not a big fan of school teachers. I do not doubt that many join the profession out of a desire to teach and work with children. Unfortunately, the vast majority of my teachers growing up displayed every negative trait that conservatives rail against union workers for. In general my teachers were poorly educated, unmotivated and more interested in showing up and collecting a paycheck than actually preparing students for the future.

As a result, primary and secondary school seemed to only act as a form of (important) social indoctrination. We need to be indoctrinated into society in order to function within that society and that is what school does. If forces you to adhere to a schedule, communicate with peers, socially interact, respect authority, etc.

You need to know those rules in order to function in the “real world”. As you can tell I am opposed to home schooling on the basis that it omits the most important aspect of primary and secondary education, indoctrination into mainstream American society.

So I guess my 3.6 GPA at the Univ of Florida(ranked 16th in the country as Public) and then my 4.0 in Graduate School for History and Sec Ed makes me a bad student?

Your comment shows how little you know about Education and you have no more credibility

Please,

when i was going to school for my second BS, I minored in Ed. and I was not impressed by the vast majority of students.

And maybe if most teachers had the grades you claim to have, our kids would be able to read and write at more than an eighth grade level after graduation.

Our students are only as good as our teachers. So tell me why home schooled kids are years ahead of their public school counterparts?

HSLDA | Academic Statistics on Homeschooling

1. In 1997, a study of 5,402 homeschool students from 1,657 families was released. It was entitled, "Strengths of Their Own: Home Schoolers Across America." The study demonstrated that homeschoolers, on the average, out-performed their counterparts in the public schools by 30 to 37 percentile points in all subjects

seems to me that the opposite would be true if public school teachers were all as smart as you no?

none of that makes you a good teacher.

But it does put the lie to the theory that all educators are losers who couldn't do something else, doesn't it?

When I quit teaching to make three times as much money, I couldn't believe how little work I had to do compared to teaching for a living.

Almost anything a professional does is easier than teaching your forking kids, folks.

Easier and you get one hell of a lot more respect, too, if you're NOT a teacher.

ESPECIALLY if you're a man.

Forum List

Back