public database ?

sam111

Jan 26, 2012
Hi, all
I am wondering a few questions about economic and other data.

question 1)
Is their a public database that allows you easy access to the current approx. population count in each region , and its growth/death trends

question 2)
Is their a public database that allows you to easy access of the current percentage of people working on what in each region.
For example if somebody want to know the percentage of what work/jobs are in each region and how many people are working in those jobs... what jobs in what regions have shortages dude to lack of enough skills,...etc (work related data)

question 3)
Is their a public database that allows one to get data on the climate of a particular region and data of the past climates so if you wanted to you could make an educated guess on what the future climate will be like...

question 4)
Is their a public database that allows one to look up particular finger prints or other biological data of organisms such as a classification on their properties , where they live, approx. amount living on earth , what the food source are, what they predominantly do or are good at ...etc

question 5)
Is their a public database that allows one to look up how many natural resources we have (coal , oil , food,...etc in are region ) and how much we are consuming/replacing per year...

If anybody know any answers to these please let me know and provide me with a link.
If possible the easy site/database to use would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I'm sure the are public databases to all those but I have no desire to do your searching for you.

well so far I found question 3 for the most part at least for the US
at NOAA - National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration but for the whole world I don't think they have a site for every thing
you can only give latitudes and longitudes or zipcodes in US based countries. ( at least I can only succeed in getting US data from this site)

Curious if their is a more general site that incorporates all the weather statistics around the world? May this is only private or restricted to a certain people duno.

For question 4
No general site I have talk to a few geology majors and they say their are sites for particular species or classification but a general for all things is not true yet at least.

For question 1 , 2 , 5 Probably an economist , or irs or people that make up the surveys would know if their is a public site / database.... I cann't find any sites at least easy to look up this data in an understandable way.

Any help out their would be great.
I am most interested in knowing 5,2,1

Last edited:
Hi, all

question 1)
Is their a public database that allows you easy access to the current approx. population count in each region , and its growth/death trends

question 2)
Is their a public database that allows you to easy access of the current percentage of people working on what in each region.
For example if somebody want to know the percentage of what work/jobs are in each region and how many people are working in those jobs... what jobs in what regions have shortages dude to lack of enough skills,...etc (work related data)

question 3)
Is their a public database that allows one to get data on the climate of a particular region and data of the past climates so if you wanted to you could make an educated guess on what the future climate will be like...

question 4)
Is their a public database that allows one to look up particular finger prints or other biological data of organisms such as a classification on their properties , where they live, approx. amount living on earth , what the food source are, what they predominantly do or are good at ...etc

question 5)
Is their a public database that allows one to look up how many natural resources we have (coal , oil , food,...etc in are region ) and how much we are consuming/replacing per year...

If anybody know any answers to these please let me know and provide me with a link.

.gov

I won't say finding your way to the answers you are seeking is going to be easy, but I will suggest to you that most of the answer you are looking for will be found if you know enough to know which department will have those answers/

Hi, all

question 1)

question 2)

question 3)

question 4)

question 5)

there's a lot of info here

U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

beyond that, google your own homework

Forum List

Back