Votes: 2 40.0%
  • For Warmth

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • To Prevent Dirt from Entering The Vagina

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
I was inspired by the thread debating the merits of women with bald pubic areas to research the subject.

Here is my PSA:

SmarterSex.org

You are asking the age-old question, “why do we have hair down there?” There are many theories behind why humans have pubic hair.

One thought is that the hair that grows around the genitals and under the arms lock in sexually stimulating scents called pheromones. For some, scents released from these areas are noticeable and can increase sexual desire. For others, pheromones might not be obvious but may be subliminally sensed.

Some people believe that pubic hair keeps our genitals warm.

Others believe that the purpose of pubic hair is to prevent dirt from entering the vagina.

With or without purpose, pubic hair can be ornamental and eye-catching to its owner or to others.

My theory is that it reduces friction.

Hell, you get a couple of hairless crotches rubbin' together, ya might start a fire.:eek:

I've also heard that it serves to catch seman that doesn't make it into the vagina and hopefully move it into the vagina to give a reproductive benefit.

I suppose we could debate the evolutionary pros and cons of it. It's a secondary sex characteristic, so the answer is: because androgens induce it to grow.

Interestingly: women with androgen insensitivity syndrome (46 XY genotypically, fully female phenotypically because they lack androgen receptors) have sparse pubic hair.

The only thing I really know about pubic hair is that the reason they are curly is so they don't poke your eye out.

I was inspired by the thread debating the merits of women with bald pubic areas to research the subject.

Here is my PSA:

SmarterSex.org

You are asking the age-old question, “why do we have hair down there?” There are many theories behind why humans have pubic hair.

One thought is that the hair that grows around the genitals and under the arms lock in sexually stimulating scents called pheromones. For some, scents released from these areas are noticeable and can increase sexual desire. For others, pheromones might not be obvious but may be subliminally sensed.

Some people believe that pubic hair keeps our genitals warm.

Others believe that the purpose of pubic hair is to prevent dirt from entering the vagina.

With or without purpose, pubic hair can be ornamental and eye-catching to its owner or to others.

My theory is that it reduces friction.

Hell, you get a couple of hairless crotches rubbin' together, ya might start a fire.:eek:

That's not the best part of sex ??? :FIREdevil:

:eek:

I suppose its worth the rash.:redface:

Why pubic hair? To hold the sootikins for those who do not practice proper personal hygiene.

Why pubic hair? To hold the sootikins for those who do not practice proper personal hygiene.

A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

Brought to you by Samson

http://www.sootikin.com/sootikin.htm
A small, mouse-shaped deposit formed in the vaginal cleft, usually of poorer women who did not wear undergarments - common until the nineteenth century. A sootikin built up over several weeks, even months, of not washing. It was composed of particles of soot, dirt, sweat, smegma (qv) and vaginal and menstrual discharge. When it reached a certain size and weight, it tended to work loose and drop from under the woman's skirt.

Contemporary writings, including those of Pepys and Boswell, mention men employed in London churches to sweep up sootikin after services. There even exists one scurrilous account, from an anonymous source, of a tell-tale sootikin being allegedly found under - or suspiciously close to - Queen Anne's chair in St. Paul's Cathedral during the Thanksgiving service for the end of the War of the Spanish Succession.

Forum List

Back