Pub default: 1/3 of workers - no paid sick days- pathetic!

While the OP may have been inarticulate in making his point, his point is one that needs to be addressed. More than 40 million workers get no paid sick leave. That means 40 million people going to work sick and spreading their sick to others. (65% of the working poor in NY according to a recent study)

What is needed is a national law that would require paid sick time, but with the current climate in DC that's not likely to happen anytime soon so states like NY and cities like SF are trying to pass laws or have passed laws at the local level.

Bullcrap. As an employer I refuse to pay someone for NOT working. What is it with you freaking scumbag liberal always wanting something for nothing. Let me help you understand the concept behind "work". You agree to perfrom a service for someone and in exchange they agree to give you money for that service. No service performed, no money deserved. Why do so many liberal a-holes think it's a good thing for people to give their hard earned money to others for doing nothing?

More people in this country are paid not to work than are those who go without sick pay.

Twit Lib puke tard.

really, h? you think someone should have to go to work with the flu or either not get paid or be in jeopardy of losing their job?

i don't think you really want to say that. do you?

Companies exist to make a product or offer a service that people want or need.
To do that they need a work force.
If someone does not show up for work constantly for whatever reason the company should not be forced to hold that job or to pay that person for not showing up for work.

Work you get paid.
Don't then you do not.
Stay out of work,you lose the job.

I see a lot of deflection, but no actual addressing of the issue. Should people get paid sick time off, yes or no?

I've addressed it right here numerous times. Hell no. You perform a service in exchange for money, no service performed what the hell do you deserve money for?

As an employer why should I pay you for NOT coming to work? I pay you to perform a service for me, if you are not performing that service, it's not pay I'd be giving you, it's charity, and I'm in the Home Improvement business, not the charity business.

I see, so you're also in the flu transmission business. I'd bet you never pull permits, which makes you, if I'm correct, a criminal. Too bad, you're gonna lose the right to own, possess, or have in your custody and control a firearm.

really, h? you think someone should have to go to work with the flu or either not get paid or be in jeopardy of losing their job?

The Federal FMLA prevents this.

The key portion of the FMLA says UNPAID sick leave further more it does not cover things like the flu or colds, etc.

Non-eligible workers and types of leaveThe federal FMLA does not apply to:

workers who need time off to recover from short-term or common illness like a cold, or to care for a family member with a short-term illness;

Too bad, you're gonna lose the right to own, possess, or have in your custody and control a firearm.

Right being determined a "criminal" by someone who wishes to destroy me because of my Constituional rigidity is a terrible fate.

Your law is going to stop me from defending myself and family.

Got it.

Too bad, you're gonna lose the right to own, possess, or have in your custody and control a firearm.

Right being determined a "criminal" by someone who wishes to destroy me because of my Constituional rigidity is a terrible fate.

Your law is going to stop me from defending myself and family.

Got it.

They are also taking the criminal's guns so you should be safe. Buy a couple of Louisville sluggers that should hold off the rampaging herd.

...to have me landscape your back yard. I have a sick leave clause in the contract for up to ten days sick leave to be paid to me personally by the contracting customer, IF, I should come down ill while being hired by you. Will U sign my contract between us to hire me for the job... considering I am the low bidder???

The key portion of the FMLA says UNPAID sick leave further more it does not cover things like the flu or colds, etc.

workers who need time off to recover from short-term or common illness like a cold, or to care for a family member with a short-term illness;

Thanks. You're wrong.

Can an employee stay home under Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) leave to avoid getting pandemic influenza?

The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) protects eligible employees who are incapacitated by a serious health condition, as may be the case with the flu where complications arise, or who are needed to care for covered family members who are incapacitated by a serious health condition. Leave taken by an employee for the purpose of avoiding exposure to the flu would not be protected under the FMLA. Employers should encourage employees that are ill with pandemic influenza or are exposed to ill family members to stay home and should consider flexible leave policies for their employees in these circumstances.

http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG...ttp://www.dol.gov/whd/healthcare/flu_FMLA.pdf

As an employer why should I pay you for NOT coming to work? I pay you to perform a service for me, if you are not performing that service, it's not pay I'd be giving you, it's charity, and I'm in the Home Improvement business, not the charity business.

I see, so you're also in the flu transmission business. I'd bet you never pull permits, which makes you, if I'm correct, a criminal. Too bad, you're gonna lose the right to own, possess, or have in your custody and control a firearm.

No, I'm in the home improvement business, not the flu transmission business. Are you in the business of wanting to get paid for NOT working? Being a liberal scumbag probably. And yeah, I pull permits for jobs that require them though other than decks most of the things I do don't require them. No permits for replacing a roof, siding, painting, gutters and rotten wood replacement,. which is over 90% of my business. Decks on the other hand, and I do about 2 dozen of those a year, do need permits and I pull them as I do for the few addtions I do every year. In the state of MD you cannot paint somone's fence without a HI Lic and you don't EVER do anything to jepordize that license especially something so dumb as to not pull a permit or not get the homeowner to pull one. As for the rest of your nonsense it's just that, nonsense. Nobody is going to lose their right to own, possess or have in their custody or control a firearm, except for those already denied the right due to thier failing a the background check.

Thanks. You're wrong.

Can an employee stay home under Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) leave to avoid getting pandemic influenza?

The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) protects eligible employees who are incapacitated by a serious health condition, as may be the case with the flu where complications arise, or who are needed to care for covered family members who are incapacitated by a serious health condition. Leave taken by an employee for the purpose of avoiding exposure to the flu would not be protected under the FMLA. Employers should encourage employees that are ill with pandemic influenza or are exposed to ill family members to stay home and should consider flexible leave policies for their employees in these circumstances.

Miss that part dumbass? Not for the flu, but if you have the flu, AND COMPLICATIONS ARISE. So no, I'm not wrong.

http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG...ttp://www.dol.gov/whd/healthcare/flu_FMLA.pdf

Miss that red part dumbass? Not for the flu, but if you have the flu, AND COMPLICATIONS ARISE. So no, I'm not wrong.

While the OP may have been inarticulate in making his point, his point is one that needs to be addressed. More than 40 million workers get no paid sick leave. That means 40 million people going to work sick and spreading their sick to others. (65% of the working poor in NY according to a recent study)

What is needed is a national law that would require paid sick time, but with the current climate in DC that's not likely to happen anytime soon so states like NY and cities like SF are trying to pass laws or have passed laws at the local level.

Bullcrap. As an employer I refuse to pay someone for NOT working. What is it with you freaking scumbag liberal always wanting something for nothing. Let me help you understand the concept behind "work". You agree to perfrom a service for someone and in exchange they agree to give you money for that service. No service performed, no money deserved. Why do so many liberal a-holes think it's a good thing for people to give their hard earned money to others for doing nothing?

Gee, I wonder why flu seasons keep getting worse and worse.

Idiotic..

Miss that red part dumbass? Not for the flu, but if you have the flu, AND COMPLICATIONS ARISE. So no, I'm not wrong.

No your wrong.

There is no defnition of complications. It is what the doctor determines.

A note from your doctor suffices for a recommendation to stay home w/ influenza for FMLA purposes.

When I was in sheet metal union, we negotiated for a contract that excluded paid leave altogether. No sick leave, no vacation leave. This was deliberate, as the consensus among the union members was that we'd rather have higher wages for when we did work, and manage our time off ourselves.

So, I'm wondering, under the sort of law you're advocating, would my union just have to suck it up and take lower wages (in exchange for leave they might, or might not use)? Or should they get special, ad-hoc exemptions?

Last edited:
With 10% unemployment, employers don't have to give their employees any freebees anymore.

Yeah, that's just what we need... Plus federally mandated vacation, personal days, maternity, bereavement, jack off days, I feel down days, I just want to fuck off days, etc.

:lol:

Forum List

Back