Psychologists blast Rush Limbaugh for mocking traumatized Kerry voters

Merlin1047 said:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wonder if we could get Rush to give these poor souls a "refererral" to this board.

I'd LOVE to be a member of that support group.

<< ---conservative counselor--reporting for duty (just had to say that--sorry)
It's a crazy business--common sense and personal responsibilty work the best. Other than organic reasons for insanity most therapists will agree that mental illness is a decision to not take responsiblity for ones self. Shady therapists will string anyone who pays them along for awhile until ultimately dropping the "personal responsibilty" bomb. Libs hate responsibilty as has already been pointed out !

Hobbit said:
I think this whole thing is a crock and I'm frankly insulted by it. Anyone who thinks they need a shrink over the results of the election needs a healthy dose of life. You wanna know who needs therapy? My friend, who has convinced himself that he's a girl. He needs therapy. Several of my friends in Chi Alpha (college Christian group) and I are trying to cope with the death of one of our own that happened just two days ago. WE need therapy. Another of our Chi Alpha students, his girlfriend, was driving the car. Physically, she's fine, but SHE needs therapy. It's a slap in the face to all of us who truly need therapy that these crybabies are doing this. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go find all of my friends, whose loss of a good friend must pale in comparison to the trauma of these liberals, so we can all have another good cry at the visitation.

Sorry to unload this all on all of you, but I've been unloading this on everybody I know, as that is some of the best therapy I can think of.

Hey, I have a friend that also is getting a sex change. I personally believe it is because he thinks if he starts over with a brand new identity people will like him/her and that he needs therapy. He will never pass either, he is 6'3" with an adams apple the size of a grapefruit, if they turn that thing inside out it will collapse his entire throat! He has been taking the medication for about 4 months now and I have yet to see.... her I guess. I am interested in how she looks as she is convinced that she can pass as a woman. This hairy tall ugly dude thinks she will pass as a woman? :wtf:

I can't imagine what I am going to see. :puke3:

The worst part is I have known this person since kindergarten and I don't give up friends easily but the discomfort that I will feel and the anger at the shrink that okayed it for her(?) without checking into say her(?) actual friends and getting another opinion. I just don't know how this one will end.

This is further proof of what I consider to be a generalized insanity - a spiritual sickness - brought into our society by this hateful culture.

You go anywhere near a SANE man's penis with a scalpel and see what happens to you!

dilloduck said:
<< ---conservative counselor--reporting for duty (just had to say that--sorry)
It's a crazy business--common sense and personal responsibilty work the best. Other than organic reasons for insanity most therapists will agree that mental illness is a decision to not take responsiblity for ones self. Shady therapists will string anyone who pays them along for awhile until ultimately dropping the "personal responsibilty" bomb. Libs hate responsibilty as has already been pointed out !

Like a therapists catch 22 there

Well, I just got back from the memorial a little while ago, and since you all care so much (thank you), I thought I'd give an update. We're all feeling a lot better now. A lot of his friends stood up at the service and told funny stories about him and we all laughed, but when we first got there, the sadness was enough to crack even my shell and I finally broke down. What especially hit me was seeing his girlfriend drop to her knees as she approached the casket, but after the stories came around, she seemed a lot better. It was also a good, yet tearful, moment when his mom hugged her and told her that God has picked her for a special purpose and that none of this is her fault. I'm still worried about the poor girl, though. It's just her and mom at home, and after we ate (the church provided food), she went back to the casket alone and just stared. It's not exactly good for me, either, as I think of her as kind of a little sister to me, and seeing her like this is tearing me up. This has happened to me before, but it's never been so tragic and so personal and it took me until tonight to realize that I needed comfort, too, as I'm always the tough guy. All in all, I think we'll all be ok, but it's a very trying time, especially when we've lost someone so funny and outgoing. Now, I've got a whole bunch of people (some of them therapists) telling me how to deal with it, and I know the basics of how to treat this poor girl who's just lost the love of her life (be there when she needs you, and no more, let her guide the conversations, try to bring a sense of normalcy rather than consoling all the time), but any other tips any of you want to provide, feel free to. I may not follow all the suggestions, but this is a confusing time, and I'm looking everywhere I can for guidance.

Sounds like you're on the right track, Hobbit. A friend once asked me, "What do you say to someone in that situation?" And my answer, of course, was that there's nothing TO say. There's no magical phrase. All you can do is be a friend for real. All you can do is be there, solidly, if, when, and however you're needed. Hang in there, bro.

no1tovote4 said:
Hey, I have a friend that also is getting a sex change. I personally believe it is because he thinks if he starts over with a brand new identity people will like him/her and that he needs therapy. He will never pass either, he is 6'3" with an adams apple the size of a grapefruit, if they turn that thing inside out it will collapse his entire throat! He has been taking the medication for about 4 months now and I have yet to see.... her I guess. I am interested in how she looks as she is convinced that she can pass as a woman. This hairy tall ugly dude thinks she will pass as a woman? :wtf:

I can't imagine what I am going to see. :puke3:

The worst part is I have known this person since kindergarten and I don't give up friends easily but the discomfort that I will feel and the anger at the shrink that okayed it for her(?) without checking into say her(?) actual friends and getting another opinion. I just don't know how this one will end.

I read something about that a while back. The most popular argument is that many of these people "feel" that they are of the opposite sex. To which some psychologists counter that it is like anorexia or bulemia, where the victims think they are too fat. In these cases, no one lets the person starve themself. no1tovote4 is right, these people have other issues that aren't getting addressed properly.

Worse yet, sex change operations are becoming more popular (like plastic surgery) and the procedure for getting approval for this type of operation has been truncated over the years. So, we're going to get a population of mutilated people with psychological issues.... this isn't good!

Hobbit said:
Well, I just got back from the memorial a little while ago, and since you all care so much (thank you), I thought I'd give an update. We're all feeling a lot better now. A lot of his friends stood up at the service and told funny stories about him and we all laughed, but when we first got there, the sadness was enough to crack even my shell and I finally broke down. What especially hit me was seeing his girlfriend drop to her knees as she approached the casket, but after the stories came around, she seemed a lot better. It was also a good, yet tearful, moment when his mom hugged her and told her that God has picked her for a special purpose and that none of this is her fault. I'm still worried about the poor girl, though. It's just her and mom at home, and after we ate (the church provided food), she went back to the casket alone and just stared. It's not exactly good for me, either, as I think of her as kind of a little sister to me, and seeing her like this is tearing me up. This has happened to me before, but it's never been so tragic and so personal and it took me until tonight to realize that I needed comfort, too, as I'm always the tough guy. All in all, I think we'll all be ok, but it's a very trying time, especially when we've lost someone so funny and outgoing. Now, I've got a whole bunch of people (some of them therapists) telling me how to deal with it, and I know the basics of how to treat this poor girl who's just lost the love of her life (be there when she needs you, and no more, let her guide the conversations, try to bring a sense of normalcy rather than consoling all the time), but any other tips any of you want to provide, feel free to. I may not follow all the suggestions, but this is a confusing time, and I'm looking everywhere I can for guidance.

Be a good listener, she is going to want to talk about the good times with this person as a way to keep the memory alive and deal with her grief, and yes also try to bring routine back in small measure. Sounds like you got good advice. Just my opinion

Zhukov said:
That's ridiculous. Looks like it's time to change that law. If they want a recount they can pay for the whole thing.

I'm hoping Ken Blackwell,Sec of State of Ohio,does not let us get stuck with the bill!!!! I don't know how much he can do about it though. He was cracking down on things this election. I'm thinkin they want a recount because he is a Republican.

What exactly do they think they will find? That somehow Bush cheated and John Kerry is the winner? How is that going to help libertarians or greens? i mean id would help greens more but seriously why do they think a John Kerry presidency would benefit anything they stand for....ok so the green party makes more sense but i cant figure out why the libertarian party is doing that.

BTW anyone see our resident Badnarik supporter in a while?

krisy said:
I'm hoping Ken Blackwell,Sec of State of Ohio,does not let us get stuck with the bill!!!! I don't know how much he can do about it though. He was cracking down on things this election. I'm thinkin they want a recount because he is a Republican.

They had it in for Blackwell way before the election, but he did everything above board knowing this. Just another example of how much power over protecting the country and it's citizens really matters to Libs :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back