Psycho at Work

Hobbit

Mar 25, 2004
Near Atlanta, GA
Ok, this is short, but interesting enough to post here. It's just, um, wierd.

Ok, there's a woman at work who's just a little fruity. Understandable, since her son (who also works there) has Down's Syndrome. So anyway, last night, she just suddenly turned toward someone next to her and said, "Watch this." Then, she turned and threw a glass jar of tomato sauce right at a customer. It broke, and he...was...PISSED. He's pressing charges against at least the store (like it's our fault) and she got fired. Wierd.

Hobbit said:

Ok, there's a woman at work who's just a little fruity. Understandable, since her son (who also works there) has Down's Syndrome. So anyway, last night, she just suddenly turned toward someone next to her and said, "Watch this." Then, she turned and threw a glass jar of tomato sauce right at a customer. It broke, and he...was...PISSED. He's pressing charges against at least the store (like it's our fault) and she got fired. Wierd.

Where do you work?

Why does the fact that her son is retarded make her understandably fruity?

Since the jar broke I assume she threw it at his feet? I can't see a glass jar breaking against someone is all, except perhaps their head....

Hobbit said:

Technically, it is the store's fault. They're liable for any actions their employees do while on the clock, I would assume.

Also the stores fault, because she represents the store.
Due to this, most employers at least do a drug screen.
Higher paying jobs require a background investigation.
Maybe there could be a cheap alternative for lower paying
employers to get a criminal/psychological profile on someone.

Hobbit said:

:cuckoo:

Gee, the "I don't remember" defense worked before!

Clearly the lady has more problems than her son having Down's. Shoot I had a sister, whom I never met, born Microcephalic and my mother never threw food at people at the grocery store.

Zhukov said:
Why does the fact that her son is retarded make her understandably fruity?

Since the jar broke I assume she threw it at his feet? I can't see a glass jar breaking against someone is all, except perhaps their head....

Taking care of a special needs child is stressful. Some people can't handle it.

As for the breaking, I didn't see it first hand, so I don't know how it broke exactly, but there are a lot of bones in a person's back...

Forum List

Back