Pshaw! Congress trying to force NCAA to have Div 1 football playoffs!

The government continues its attempts to ruin all aspects of American life.

Shouldn't they be off taxing somebody?

• Banned
I have always been perplexed why NCAA Div. 2 has playoffs, but Div. 1 doesn't. While I understand there are 1000s more Div 1 schools, that doesn't mean the same percentage of them would qualify for a playoff spot.

The BCS system is just stupid. And if they really look they'll see a playoff system would also generate alot more revenue from ticket sales and TV advertisements.

All that said, I really don't see why Congress is getting involved, with actual REAL problems facing the country.

As much as I hate the NCAA...Congress has no juristiction and needs to mind their own business

• Banned
As much as I hate the NCAA...Congress has no juristiction and needs to mind their own business
It would be different if it was the NFL. Since the NFL has Congressional antitrust protection I don't mind if Congress watchdogs them, has hearings, whatever. For it was the NFL who GOT Congress involved in their business to start with.

But the NCAA? Unless there's something I don't know about I don't see where Congress has any business at all trying to regulate bowl games vs. playoffs for football, or any other collegiate sport.

Forum List

Back