bitterlyclingin

Silver Member
Aug 4, 2011
[An exquisitely done reflection on the state of American life today.]

"A Psalm of Obama

(To be sung by children, K-12, every morning of their seven-day school week.)*

The State is my shepherd,

I shall not want.

It makes me lie down in federally owned pastures.

It leads me beside quiet waters in banned fishing areas.

It restores my soul through its control.

It guides me in the path of dependency for its namesake.

Even though our nation plunges into the valley of the shadow of debt,

I will fear no evil,

For Barack will be with me.

The Affordable Care Act and food stamps,

They comfort me.

You prepare a table of Michelle Obama approved foods before me in the presence of my Conservative and Libertarian enemies.

You anoint my head with hemp oil;

My government regulated 16-ounce cup overflows.

Surely mediocrity and an entitlement mentality will follow me

All the days of my life,

And I will dwell in a low-rent HUD home forever and ever.

Amen. "

Psalm 666: The State Is My Shepherd, I Shall Not Want - Doug Giles - [page]

[An exquisitely done reflection on the state of American life today.]

"A Psalm of Obama

(To be sung by children, K-12, every morning of their seven-day school week.)*

The State is my shepherd,

I shall not want.

It makes me lie down in federally owned pastures.

It leads me beside quiet waters in banned fishing areas.

It restores my soul through its control.

It guides me in the path of dependency for its namesake.

Even though our nation plunges into the valley of the shadow of debt,

I will fear no evil,

For Barack will be with me.

The Affordable Care Act and food stamps,

They comfort me.

You prepare a table of Michelle Obama approved foods before me in the presence of my Conservative and Libertarian enemies.

You anoint my head with hemp oil;

My government regulated 16-ounce cup overflows.

Surely mediocrity and an entitlement mentality will follow me

All the days of my life,

And I will dwell in a low-rent HUD home forever and ever.

Amen. "

Psalm 666: The State Is My Shepherd, I Shall Not Want - Doug Giles - [page]
Brilliant and appropriate.

LOL, whoever wrote that garbage must worship republicans every bit as much as they think liberals worship democrats, it's rare to encounter such glaring projection.

LOL, whoever wrote that garbage must worship republicans every bit as much as they think liberals worship democrats, it's rare to encounter such glaring projection.
I can understand your objection. Still, there is little doubt that the "glaring projection" as you put it is spot on.

I can understand your objection. Still, there is little doubt that the "glaring projection" as you put it is spot on.

No it isn't, this attack on the welfare state and environmental regulation is written from the viewpoint of someone who finds them entirely unnecessary, an extreme ideological position, the actual position of most liberals is that these things are necessary evils but would prefer a society where anyone who wants to work can work and make a decent living making welfare programs largely unnecessary. Until we can build a more equitable and rewarding society it is better that homeless people not starve in our streets or die from lack of medical care.

Last edited:

No it isn't, this attack on the welfare state and environmental regulation is written from the viewpoint of someone who finds them entirely unnecessary, an extreme ideological position, the actual position of most liberals is that these things are necessary evils but would prefer a society where anyone who wants to work can work and make a decent living making welfare programs largely unnecessary. Until we can build a more equitable and rewarding society it is better that homeless people not starve in our streets or die from lack of medical care.
Spare your regurgitated bleeding heart dogma. Not even Obama would go along with that. The concept that people are entitled to a middle class standard of living is not even entertained even here in Europe. The starving or dying from lack of medical care rings thoroughly hollow.

Psalm 666. The State Is My Shepherd. I Shall Not Want

"....Especially if i can fuck-over some poor people, in the process!"

"The corporate CEOs who have made a high-profile foray into deficit negotiations have themselves been substantially responsible for the size of the deficit they now want closed.

The companies represented by executives working with the Campaign To Fix The Debt have received trillion$ in federal war contracts, subsidies and bailouts, as well as specialized tax breaks and loopholes that virtually eliminate the companies' tax bills.

The CEOs are part of a campaign run by the Peter Peterson-backed Center for a Responsible Federal Budget, which plans to spend at least $30 million pushing for a deficit reduction deal in the lame-duck session and beyond.

During the past few days, CEOs belonging to what the campaign calls its CEO Fiscal Leadership Council -- most visibly, Goldman Sachs' Lloyd Blankfein and Honeywell's David Cote -- have barnstormed the media, making the case that the only way to cut the deficit is to severely scale back social safety-net programs -- Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security -- which would disproportionately impact the poor and the elderly.

Part of what makes the lobbying blitz around the fiscal cliff so complex for CEOs on the Fiscal Leadership Council is that many of them need more than just low tax rates. They also need Congress and the White House to maintain current defense spending levels so they can continue winning enormous contracts.

In 2011, $40 billion of taxpayer money was divided among just nine CFD member companies, led by defense giant Boeing, which raked in $22 billion in federal contracts alone, more than the other eight companies combined. For his efforts as CEO, Boeing's Jim McNerney took home nearly $23 million in compensation last year. "

Tell us how much enough old boy?

How much Gov control and largesse is enough?

Republican's NEW Religion:

Feed the poor and they will breed.

Poor people are like animals.

Cut school lunches, let NOT the little children eat, but yay, may they starve. Verily, Republican concern is to giddith them born, not care for them after birth.

Women no not how to control their bodies nor their lust. They must be watched over by Republicans and their bodies "controlled".

Am I getting it right?

Is using a bible verse and changing it to fit a political view the same as...taking the Lords name in vain?

Hmm..., So who is worse off? Oblamer's half brother that lives on $500.00 a year and lives in a tin shack, or an American living on welfare, food stamps and has their rent paid for? Just how much can we help those who simply won't work and rather depend on the state to support them? When one lives off the golden goose, is it logical to kill the goose for extra golden eggs?

New Topics

Forum List

Back