Pruned My Roses Today

Here in Vegas today, we are in the mid-60's and it ain't getting cold again.
Usually I wait until the end of the first week of February, but timing is everything when growing roses in the desert.

I love my roses and it feels good!!!

In b4 it freezes next week and they die, dumbass.

My patented Queen Elizabeth's, Lincoln's, Love's, Chrysler's, and Judy Garland's grow great since I planted them when I bought my house 5 years ago; so I know that I'm doing something right.
They bring me much pleasure and a bit of some work. Rewarding work.

I have a queen E that just is not happy. It grows just enough not to die and that is about it. Do you keep yours in full sun? Mine is rather heavily shaded.

Anyway, way too early for such things in my area. It is supposed to be frigid this week with high winds from the polar vortex.

Here in Vegas today, we are in the mid-60's and it ain't getting cold again.
Usually I wait until the end of the first week of February, but timing is everything when growing roses in the desert.

I love my roses and it feels good!!!

In b4 it freezes next week and they die, dumbass.

My patented Queen Elizabeth's, Lincoln's, Love's, Chrysler's, and Judy Garland's grow great since I planted them when I bought my house 5 years ago; so I know that I'm doing something right.
They bring me much pleasure and a bit of some work. Rewarding work.

I have a queen E that just is not happy. It grows just enough not to die and that is about it. Do you keep yours in full sun? Mine is rather heavily shaded.

Anyway, way too early for such things in my area. It is supposed to be frigid this week with high winds from the polar vortex.

It's in full sun in the afternoon.
Be safe in those frigid temps. The weather channel sez with a wind chill, exposed skin can get frostbite in 5-10 minutes. Arctic type stuff.

Your roses have prunes, is that a Western thing?
Nah but if you wait long enough they "prune" themselves........

man-reading-handwritten-goodbye-letter-on-table-with-wilted-bouquet-of-roses-dolly-shot_v_fdbwza_g__F0000.png

They haven't been preserved for 110 years either, boy.

Cowboy up!, goddammit!
(That is, if you got it in ya'...).

You're derp and should have waited, and it could easily freeze there next week, dumbass.

It won't.
I know my territory.

I'm not gonna wish you bad luck, but it's colder than that here right now, and I know for a fact it could get that way there in a heartbeat.

If I misjudged, you'll be the first person I tell.

I misjudged. We got cold again. Told ya' I'd let you know.
It hasn't been this cold at night in the last 3 years in the 2nd week of February!
You jinxed me, asshole.

Cowboy up!, goddammit!
(That is, if you got it in ya'...).

You're derp and should have waited, and it could easily freeze there next week, dumbass.

It won't.
I know my territory.

I'm not gonna wish you bad luck, but it's colder than that here right now, and I know for a fact it could get that way there in a heartbeat.

If I misjudged, you'll be the first person I tell.

I misjudged. We got cold again. Told ya' I'd let you know.
It hasn't been this cold at night in the last 3 years in the 2nd week of February!
You jinxed me, asshole.

Just like I tell that cat bitch: "I ain't in charge of the weather, baby".

Forum List

Back