Pruned My Roses Today

B. Kidd

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2010
Western Lands
Here in Vegas today, we are in the mid-60's and it ain't getting cold again.
Usually I wait until the end of the first week of February, but timing is everything when growing roses in the desert.
I love my roses and it feels good!!!

Yeah, definitely timing has to be right. And it's all a visual thing, I've noticed, you have to keep an eye on em to know when is just the right time. Lets see em.

I did mine last week, even though it was in the high fiftys then, it's dropped back down in temp since.

Yeah, definitely timing has to be right. And it's all a visual thing, I've noticed, you have to keep an eye on em to know when is just the right time. Lets see em.

I did mine last week, even though it was in the high fiftys then, it's dropped back down in temp since.

I cut em down to 12-13 inches and have wood mulch surrounding them. Wood mulch is a necessity, especially when the temps hit 110 to 115 in the summer.

Usually I wait until the end of the first week of February, but timing is everything when growing roses in the desert.

In b4 it freezes next week and they die, dumbass. I love my roses, too.

As a matter-of-fact, these are my great-grandmas roses.

Attachments

• roses1.JPG
    roses1.JPG
    192 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:

One year we received a bouquet a month certificate. And each month on the 5th we received a dozen roses in a crystal vase. At the time we had a big house and a “trophy” table in the middle foyer where we would sit this beautiful vase. I knew there were many varieties of roses but when you get some every month and can smell them, see them, feel them….it’s really quite special.

I imagine your roses are a great source of pride for you as sell as pleasing in terms of sight, touch smell, etc…
Congratulations.

One year we received a bouquet a month certificate. And each month on the 5th we received a dozen roses in a crystal vase. At the time we had a big house and a “trophy” table in the middle foyer where we would sit this beautiful vase. I knew there were many varieties of roses but when you get some every month and can smell them, see them, feel them….it’s really quite special.

I imagine your roses are a great source of pride for you as sell as pleasing in terms of sight, touch smell, etc…
Congratulations.

I like to go out back and pick a bunch and put them in a bowl so my mom can smell them.

Owait, she's dead. Damnit!

I need to give some to my cousins.

They smell really good!

In b4 it freezes next week and they die, dumbass.

My patented Queen Elizabeth's, Lincoln's, Love's, Chrysler's, and Judy Garland's grow great since I planted them when I bought my house 5 years ago; so I know that I'm doing something right.
They bring me much pleasure and a bit of some work. Rewarding work.

My patented Queen Elizabeth's, Lincoln's, Love's, Chrysler's, and Judy Garland's grow great since I planted them when I bought my house 5 years ago; so I know that I'm doing something right.

5 years? Bitch, my roses are 110 years old or more! What's on the right, I'm gonna cut and dig up and give to my cousins.

roses2.JPG

I have to wait for about a month to do anything in der garden...

Pretty sure LV is north of me, and I know better than to prune things when it might freeze afterwards in winter.

Crepe Myrtles, roses..things like that.

My hedge is bangin'! Next cut that mofo will be perfect!

5 years? Bitch, my roses are 110 years old or more! What's on the right, I'm gonna cut and dig up and give to my cousins.

View attachment 242538

Mine are not your garden variety hedge roses.
They do terrible in our Mojave Desert climate.

View attachment 242538

I see you are still pissed from yesterday RE: thread concerning Iran.
Please, don't turn your John Wayne image into John Wanker. It does a gross injustice to John Wayne.
That's all.

View attachment 242538

They haven't been preserved for 110 years either, boy. My roses precede Chrysler and Judy Garland, maybe even the Queen.

Last edited:

View attachment 242538

They haven't been preserved for 110 years either, boy.

Cowboy up!, goddammit!
(That is, if you got it in ya'...).

View attachment 242538

Cowboy up!, goddammit!

You're derp and should have waited, and it could easily freeze there next week, dumbass.

Furthermore, your rose heritage is laughable, as mine precedes all of the above.

View attachment 242538

Cowboy up!, goddammit!

You're derp and should have waited, and it could easily freeze there next week, dumbass.

It won't.
I know my territory.

View attachment 242538

Cowboy up!, goddammit!

It won't.
I know my territory.

I'm not gonna wish you bad luck, but it's colder than that here right now, and I know for a fact it could get that way there in a heartbeat.

Cowboy up!, goddammit!

It won't.
I know my territory.

I'm not gonna wish you bad luck, but it's colder than that here right now, and I know for a fact it could get that way there in a heartbeat.

If I misjudged, you'll be the first person I tell.

Cowboy up!, goddammit!

It won't.
I know my territory.

If I misjudged, you'll be the first person I tell.

Zero fucks given. My roses are from 1889.

:)

Forum List

Back