Proving rape using social media?

AmyNation

Road Warrior
Aug 6, 2012
Currently stationed at the kitchen table
Defense battles social media blizzard in Ohio rape case - CNN.com

Apparently a large part of the evidence in this case, are the various things posted by party guests. Pics of the girl naked, tweets by people at the party joking about her being raped, there is even rumor of a video of the rape(although at this point it's just a rumor).

An entire party of teenagers, who instead of helping the girl who's passed out, stood around and watched or snapped pics.

This case is extra distrubing for me, being as its so close to my home town :/

Public domain. Allow the evidence. After conviction, the victim has a civil claims case against every member at the party who failed to help her. Serves em right.

That group -- Anonymous -- and other critics have accused community leaders of trying to paper over rampant misconduct by team members, and have suggested that other students took part in the assaults or failed to do enough stop them. Authorities have declined to say if anyone else could be charged.

It is disturbing...that those teens stood around and actually WATCHED and DID NOTHING...nothing but take pix and apparently a video and laugh...sadly sickening.

Yes, they are just the same at fault as the actual attackers are.

Unreal.

Public domain. Allow the evidence. After conviction, the victim has a civil claims case against every member at the party who failed to help her. Serves em right.

yes.

The defense attorney was quoted as saying, 'It might be difficult for my clients to get a fair trial...'

I know I wouldn't be selected as a juror for this trial. I haven't heard that much and have formed an opinion that isn't likely to change.

It is difficult to imagine the type of people who would be capable of objectivity.

There are 3 separate parties full of witnesses, who claim the 2 boys, carried the passed out girl party to party, raping her, taking pics of her, exposing her to people, forcig her to have oral sex, and even urinating on her at one point. 3 parties full of people, and no one did anything but tweet about it.

There are 3 separate parties full of witnesses, who claim the 2 boys, carried the passed out girl party to party, raping her, taking pics of her, exposing her to people, forcig her to have oral sex, and even urinating on her at one point. 3 parties full of people, and no one did anything but tweet about it.

One resident of Steubenville expressed concern that the town's reputation had been damaged. It has. I know it is 'not everyone'.

There was a teenage party a few years ago in Atlanta where some sort of fight was started by 2 girls. Some guys decided that the next man that walked by would receive a beating. A small framed man was savagely beaten and later died. It took a couple of years in court but the guilty parties finally received justice.

Teen beating death: Fatal party began small, grew out of control | www.ajc.com

Apparently a large part of the evidence in this case, are the various things posted by party guests. Pics of the girl naked, tweets by people at the party joking about her being raped, there is even rumor of a video of the rape(although at this point it's just a rumor).

An entire party of teenagers, who instead of helping the girl who's passed out, stood around and watched or snapped pics.

Sorry I am not trying to derail your thread but this reminds me of the poor woman in India. I just read today that the YOUNGEST of the rapists, who is a juvenile, ripped her intestines out, during the attack. This woman suffered greatly.

These gang rape cases keep getting worse and worse, I had not even read about the one you are speaking about above. People can say "not in this country' but it happens everywhere as evidenced by your story. So sickening.

Very disturbing indeed. I think the boys should be tired as adults and every single person at the parties charged as an accessory.

I am wondering where the parents were during the parties that were held in their homes?

That group -- Anonymous -- and other critics have accused community leaders of trying to paper over rampant misconduct by team members, and have suggested that other students took part in the assaults or failed to do enough stop them. Authorities have declined to say if anyone else could be charged.

It is disturbing...that those teens stood around and actually WATCHED and DID NOTHING...nothing but take pix and apparently a video and laugh...sadly sickening.

Unreal.

Today's young people are frighteningly lacking in the area of self respect and respect for others.

Unreal.

Today's young people are frighteningly lacking in the area of self respect and respect for others.

not so much in the self respect area.....as in the lack of a moral campus and boundaries.

Even as minors?

They crossed the line of the protections non adult hood offer.
In many states 16 or 17 year old people CAN be tried and sentenced as adults.

I think the age is lower in some states contingent upon the crime.

A 13 yr old in GA will be tried as adult for stabbing her 2 yr old sister, iirc.

That's what generation whine does. Someone gettin' murdered? Pushed on the subway tracks? Grab the camera phone and get yo Youtube on!

Larry Elder was discussing this case on his radio show yesterday and has the entire 12 minute video on his website. He played audio taken from the video. This was not "a" party. The girl was transported to several different venues to be raped and pissed on. At some point in the revelry, it was throught among the drunken partiers that the girl had died. One boy said "If she were my daughter, I wouldn't care if she was dead, I'd let her be dead." Then a boy says "Open her mouth, I want to whizz down her throat".

These aren't human beings, they are just savages.

Very disturbing indeed. I think the boys should be tired as adults and every single person at the parties charged as an accessory.

I am wondering where the parents were during the parties that were held in their homes?
I agree, I think they are old enough to be tried as adults. While I tend to disagree a lot with trying children as adults, I'd say anyone over the age of 16 is fair game.

Let these feral teens go to the big house where they will have dealt unto them what they did to the girl.

Another example of stupid criminal behavior

Used to be you covered it up....now you post it on the Internet

Forum List

Back