Provide less and charge the same price?

usmbguest5318

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2017
D.C.
Balance US, an initiative promoted by the industry advocacy association of American beverage producers, states:
America’s beverage companies—Coca-Cola, Dr Pepper and Pepsi—have come together to support your family’s efforts to balance what you eat, drink and do. We know an important part of finding that balance is reducing the sugar from beverages in your family’s diet.​
One way they're achieving that "balance" is by reducing portion sizes.
"See how providing smaller portion sizes is at the core of their business."

draft3-00015913-Still003.rendition.940.456.jpg

So there you have it. Major soft drink produces see providing less -- smaller portion sizes -- while charging the same price as the "core of their business." Um, has there ever been a time when providing more and not increasing the price was the core of any business model, at least for thriving companies?

Balance US, an initiative promoted by the industry advocacy association of American beverage producers, states:
America’s beverage companies—Coca-Cola, Dr Pepper and Pepsi—have come together to support your family’s efforts to balance what you eat, drink and do. We know an important part of finding that balance is reducing the sugar from beverages in your family’s diet.​
One way they're achieving that "balance" is by reducing portion sizes.

So there you have it. Major soft drink produces see providing less -- smaller portion sizes -- while charging the same price as the "core of their business." Um, has there ever been a time when providing more and not increasing the price was the core of any business model, at least for thriving companies?
Almost all of them are doing it. Even eckridge sausage is thinner. Coffee comes in smaller cans.....

It's a way of raising prices without raising prices. It's been going on forever just not as bad as now.

It's a way of raising prices without raising prices. It's been going on forever just not as bad as now.

I understand what you mean despite your inapt way of expressing what's going on. FWIW, it's a way of increasing revenue, not prices, without raising prices. And, yes, the substance of your remark, assuming be so my inference about its meaning, is correct; I'm not trying to deny you that.

The crooks who make candy bars and ice cream have been reducing the amount of product, sold at the same price, for decades. They never mention the change or a reason for it, they just do it.

The crooks who make candy bars and ice cream have been reducing the amount of product, sold at the same price, for decades. They never mention the change or a reason for it, they just do it.
What's clever is how the soft drinks industry has managed to make it sound as if they're doing us a big favor by keeping our families healthy. LOL

Drink water instead of dirty sh.. like Coca, Pepsi, Urine & Co
157502-131-7C5D3A67.jpg

While Drinking Cola you drink this insect too

cochineal_beetle.jpg

My only wish is that Cherry Coke was caffeine free.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Have you heard of Cherry syrup? Cherry Coke's use to be made by hand by drug store soda jerks.
I've had Coke with the stuff from a squirt bottle added to it. In my opinion. it isn't as good. I love how it is from the drink system at Subway.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I'd rather have a nice cold glass of water. I've got great water from my well. I'm kinda spoiled.

Forum List

Back