Proud to be White

Non Hispanic, or pure 100 percent whites, make up 62.6 percent of the population. The majority of them proudly celebrate their ethnic heritage without guilt. The majority of them do not see or accept the theory that whites are being systematically eliminated or that opposing racism constitutes a anti white agenda. They do not see the accurate teaching of American history in textbooks written by whites as teaching people to hate whites. So I must ask what the problem is with whites here who makes the claims they are making. Do they believe that racism and white supremacy are a requirement to be truly white?

Dude, you are really sick.

Get some help

No, you just recognize that the race and racism section is not the whites get to degrade blacks all the time section. You don't do this to whites. So you're just going to take it.

No you poor sick person. Your entire existence and life are wrapped up in YOUR personal beliefs about racism. You are one of the most racist people here, but you are so warped you can't figure it out.

Very sad. Going through life blaming whitey for your personal failures only means you will never advance.

Non Hispanic, or pure 100 percent whites, make up 62.6 percent of the population. The majority of them proudly celebrate their ethnic heritage without guilt. The majority of them do not see or accept the theory that whites are being systematically eliminated or that opposing racism constitutes a anti white agenda. They do not see the accurate teaching of American history in textbooks written by whites as teaching people to hate whites. So I must ask what the problem is with whites here who makes the claims they are making. Do they believe that racism and white supremacy are a requirement to be truly white?
The majority?

I think most people of any color realize it's unreasonable to be proud of skin color

I’m white and I don’t think people should feel ashamed for being white or any color. We all are who we are and had no control over that. I have compassion for humans because they are human and I don’t like playing the race games. We all have our struggles and advantages. Who are we to judge? There is a lot of ugliness in this world. Let’s not put more out there. Live and let live
And yet you think Democrats are against racism.....

Dude, you are really sick.

Get some help

No, you just recognize that the race and racism section is not the whites get to degrade blacks all the time section. You don't do this to whites. So you're just going to take it.
There are hundreds of black racist forums where white people are degraded and threatened in every way imaginable with absolutely no opposition. Why don’t you go to one of those?

I’m white and I don’t think people should feel ashamed for being white or any color. We all are who we are and had no control over that. I have compassion for humans because they are human and I don’t like playing the race games. We all have our struggles and advantages. Who are we to judge? There is a lot of ugliness in this world. Let’s not put more out there. Live and let live

You know, Slade, there would be a lot going for the above if we lived in a world in which humans lived together on a largely equitable basis, if "struggles and advantages" were about equally distributed, "ugliness" didn't befall some groups way more than others, and "live and let live" were extended to everybody. You know that's not the case.

That's why there aren't terms strong enough to reject your denigration of the struggle for race equality as "playing the race games". That's why there needs to be brought about, in every possible way, a growing awareness that "proud to be white" has always been, and will be for as long as "white" dominates the country at the expense of pretty much everybody else, an expression of supremacy and racism. It is, rightly seen, over-entitled nitwits claiming their privilege to look down upon everyone not-white. As far as I can see, this awareness is growing, and that's why there is, among the supremacist crowd, so much squealing and whining over having their depravity pointed out to them on the occasion of their expressing their fake pride.

You know, Slade, there would be a lot going for the above if we lived in a world in which humans lived together on a largely equitable basis, if "struggles and advantages" were about equally distributed, "ugliness" didn't befall some groups way more than others, and "live and let live" were extended to everybody. You know that's not the case.

That's why there aren't terms strong enough to reject your denigration of the struggle for race equality as "playing the race games". That's why there needs to be brought about, in every possible way, a growing awareness that "proud to be white" has always been, and will be for as long as "white" dominates the country at the expense of pretty much everybody else, an expression of supremacy and racism. It is, rightly seen, over-entitled nitwits claiming their privilege to look down upon everyone not-white. As far as I can see, this awareness is growing, and that's why there is, among the supremacist crowd, so much squealing and whining over having their depravity pointed out to them on the occasion of their expressing their fake pride.

I think you should be airdropped smack dab into the middle of the hugest projects in Detroit at 1AM.

Pride in anything not of my own making....seems false to me. I include my ethnicity in this. The struggle for racial equality is not a race game..which is not to say that there are not plenty of race games out there for people to play. Black Power, Brown Power..etc. are the logical outgrowth of emerging ethnicities trying to emerge from the shadow of a dominant race that took its superiority as gospel and inflicted it on everyone for a few hundred years. Are they, the emerging ethnicities, sometimes over the top? Sure..but so what..it hurts nothing. Just sit back and let demographics do its thing. Color can and will change..but the mainstream culture...is doing just fine.

One could look at the majority of posts in this forum...and call them race games...with some degree of accuracy.

Pride in anything not of my own making....seems false to me. I include my ethnicity in this. The struggle for racial equality is not a race game..which is not to say that there are not plenty of race games out there for people to play. Black Power, Brown Power..etc. are the logical outgrowth of emerging ethnicities trying to emerge from the shadow of a dominant race that took its superiority as gospel and inflicted it on everyone for a few hundred years. Are they, the emerging ethnicities, sometimes over the top? Sure..but so what..it hurts nothing. Just sit back and let demographics do its thing. Color can and will change..but the mainstream culture...is doing just fine.

One could look at the majority of posts in this forum...and call them race games...with some degree of accuracy.

Much to agree with in the above - a pleasure, as always.

Let's make a distinction, or clarification, and define "race game" as a manipulative endeavor, usually for some sort of personal gains, which usually involves stoking up racial animus. On the other hand, the fight for racial equality is one of the corner stones in the fight for a more equitable, fairer society, aiming at reconciliation over racial boundaries. Sure, there are lots of race games around - while he fiercely wields his claymore, I don't see IM2 play any of them. Hence my objection.

These guys aren't ashamed to be white. They want to be free to express their racism without opposition.
Well that’s BS and should be condemned. I thought you were speaking to white people in general. I think I misunderstood.

Don't have time to pay attention-you will be crying for more time on your deathbed, so don't waste it on negative things.
What does that mean?

Don't have time to pay attention-you will be crying for more time on your deathbed, so don't waste it on negative things.
What does that mean?
Don't worry..be happy.

iu

And yet you think Democrats are against racism.....
I think many are and some aren’t, just like republicans

Ive never been to a "white" celebration. Columbus day in school was no more than a passing couple hours in grammar school where you got to eat cookies and drink punch etc. who really gives a fuck about being white when you just have to go to work and worry about your family? Outside of a handful of race obsessed lunatics.

What you do see and have seen for years now, is great celebrations of different ethnic cultures such as African American, Asian and Hispanic( all without guilt)... I'm not as old as you are , so I always thought these were good things... but recently I've been finding out, these sentiments of celebration are not exactly pure. For some people celebrating ethnicity must go hand in hand with the hating of someone else

But you are not answering my question, because whites are able to and do, express pride in their ethnic heritage all the time. So what's this crying about the inability to be proud of being white?

I have no idea what you're on about.

I’m not supporting “white pride” demonstrations, that movement is inappropriate in my opinion and used to denigrate the minorities who fight for equality. That wasn’t my point. And I’m not dismissing the struggle that minorities have faced through the generations, im very sympathetic to it. I do think that a line is being cross when they start shaming and judging people for being white or expecting white people to feel guilty for the body they were born in.... That is part of the same type of rotten perspective that racists use against their victims and it adds nothing productive to help the situation. It just makes it worse.

Much to agree with in the above - a pleasure, as always.

Let's make a distinction, or clarification, and define "race game" as a manipulative endeavor, usually for some sort of personal gains, which usually involves stoking up racial animus. On the other hand, the fight for racial equality is one of the corner stones in the fight for a more equitable, fairer society, aiming at reconciliation over racial boundaries. Sure, there are lots of race games around - while he fiercely wields his claymore, I don't see IM2 play any of them. Hence my objection.
I wasn’t accusing IM2 of race games, I was generally speaking. I’ve had plenty of good discussions with IM2 and we fall on the same side of many arguments.

White people on the brain, that's IM2.
He has white envy, bad.

Why would I be envious of a group of people so scared they made laws excluding people from competing then brag about how they have more than those they excluded?

You pussies can't match me and whine about me posting about race in the race and racism section of a discussion forum. You can't take the truth and you can't stop the ass kickings I give you.

The ass whippings will continue until the white racism stops.

In your brain? It never will.

There's nothing wrong with being a black American. Many blacks here had ancestors that did amazing things. I think IM2 needs some Jesus.

I’m not supporting “white pride” demonstrations, that movement is inappropriate in my opinion and used to denigrate the minorities who fight for equality. That wasn’t my point. And I’m not dismissing the struggle that minorities have faced through the generations, im very sympathetic to it. I do think that a line is being cross when they start shaming and judging people for being white or expecting white people to feel guilty for the body they were born in.... That is part of the same type of rotten perspective that racists use against their victims and it adds nothing productive to help the situation. It just makes it worse.

Nobody can 'Make' you feel shame. That's a decision that you make. As for other's expectations..any mature adult knows that you have no control over what other people feel. They are responsible for their lack of judgement..if they have expectations and you fail to conform to them.

I just carry on..and do the best ethical job i can. I don't rent space in my head to bigots..and I always find room in my heart for the genuine good people out there.

Nobody can 'Make' you feel shame. That's a decision that you make. As for other's expectations..any mature adult knows that you have no control over what other people feel. They are responsible for their lack of judgement..if they have expectations and you fail to conform to them.

I just carry on..and do the best ethical job i can. I don't rent space in my head to bigots..and I always find room in my heart for the genuine good people out there.
Sounds like we are saying the same thing

Forum List

Back