Proud to be An American!

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville
Proud to be An American!

In America we can choose our own destiny, our own careers, to fail or succeed and to marry who we choose! How often have we thought how lucky we are to be born in such a country?

Look at what is happening across the globe. People are fighting for the basic rights of liberty in government and life without reprisals. Fathers killing their daughters in “honor killings for being to “western”, selecting their own religions. Political prisoners are common all over the globe.

How lucky we are to be in the land of opportunity. A free people who have the right to believe in any religion or not to believe at all. To protest our government, to vote for our leaders and have rights that no dictator can take away. We have a Constitution that guarantees our rights and for that reason I am a very proud American.

Happy New Year!

My name is 'Conservative', and I approve of this message.
stock-photo-thumbs-up-smiley-50420917.jpg

Proud to be a brainwashed idiot/AKA murkin.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSQTz1bccL4]Young Boy Strip Searched by TSA (New link to TSA lies interview) - YouTube[/ame]

OK....we get it. You dont approve of the TSA screening.
Neither do I.
So whats the alternative....not a sarcastic question....I really want to know what you think would be an appropriate alternative.

The one that should have taken place.

A tightening and tracking of all visas. Customs does the job at point of entry. Any state that has sanctuary cities and or policies is denied federal funding of any kind.

That should more then suffice.

OK....we get it. You dont approve of the TSA screening.
Neither do I.
So whats the alternative....not a sarcastic question....I really want to know what you think would be an appropriate alternative.

The one that should have taken place.

A tightening and tracking of all visas. Customs does the job at point of entry. Any state that has sanctuary cities and or policies is denied federal funding of any kind.

That should more then suffice.

That will do nothing to stop any of the "home grown" or any of the US citizens with their own personal radicalsim...such as McVeigh.

Used to be proud. I dont really recognize this country, I mean plutocracy, any more. Bunch of rah rah garbage. America is on the way down. Aint gonna recover no matter who is in charge. Its owned by those who have billions. I own my house. Worked all my life for it. Aint no american dream. Just a way of surviving. Thats the american dream so to speak.

Proud to be An American!

In America we can choose our own destiny, our own careers, to fail or succeed and to marry who we choose! How often have we thought how lucky we are to be born in such a country?

Look at what is happening across the globe. People are fighting for the basic rights of liberty in government and life without reprisals. Fathers killing their daughters in “honor killings for being to “western”, selecting their own religions. Political prisoners are common all over the globe.

How lucky we are to be in the land of opportunity. A free people who have the right to believe in any religion or not to believe at all. To protest our government, to vote for our leaders and have rights that no dictator can take away. We have a Constitution that guarantees our rights and for that reason I am a very proud American.

Happy New Year!

"We have a Constitution that guarantees our rights and for that reason I am a very proud American."

I am proud and GRATEFUL that I was born in this great country. But, that almost perfect charter, the Constitution is being taught in too many schools, as a charter of negative liberties and thus it must be protected by those politicians who are willing to do so, as much as they can. The amendment process, of which we have had 27, is designed to keep up with the times, through rugged and thorough negotiations. Remember what Ben Franklin said:

"The first effort, the Articles of Confederation, was generally regarded as a failure. But what should replace them? Each state sent a group of representatives to meet in Philadelphia and hammer out a new agreement. The deliberations of the Constitutional Convention in 1787 were held in strict secrecy. Consequently, anxious citizens gathered outside Independence Hall when the proceedings ended, eager to learn what had been produced behind those closed doors.

As the delegates left the building, a Mrs. Powel of Philadelphia asked Benjamin Franklin, “Well, Doctor, what have we got?”

With no hesitation, Franklin replied, “A republic, if you can keep it.”

And I say, let us fight to keep it......:eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray:

Happy New Year, to you as well, Jackson, with the *adorbs* avi. :)

My flagpole is now barren...with the exception of the swedish flag which is my parent's heritage. Theres room below it for old glory provided we take this country back from those who wish to control it with their filthy cash.

Sure, but after 30 years of Voodoo, our rich/poor gap and upward mobility are worse than ever, AND worse than the rest of the modern world. Change the channel and vote Dem before it gets any worse.

Sure, but after 30 years of Voodoo, our rich/poor gap and upward mobility are worse than ever, AND worse than the rest of the modern world. Change the channel and vote Dem before it gets any worse.

Try living in Egypt or Syria.

New Topics

Forum List

Back