Proud To Be An American

masquerade

positivity
Oct 15, 2009
right of center
I'm still pretty green around here, and have enjoyed reading the varied opinions, comments, attacks and the like from all of you who post here. As far as starting my own threads go, I usually shy away and leave it for the more bold personalities that grace this board.

But .... today I would like to share with all of you, just how proud I am to be an American living in these times. I've been paying attention to politics for only a few short years. Through reading, watching the news and being a member of a political message boards such as this, I have learned a tremendous amount.

Well, being a New Englander and a former resident of Massachusetts, yesterday's election results left me with a smile and good feeling that I've kept going all day! I'm excited to be part of this process and to watch how politics in America is playing out. I am a Tea Party member. I was in D.C. for the Taxypayer March last September. I am a registered Republican, but as far as I'm concerned, like many of you, the corruption and dishonesty is on BOTH sides. Perhaps I should re-register as an Independent. Regardless, I'm happy to be part of this.

Thank you for your time.

Okay, now do I have the guts to actually post this? lol

No matter which side you are on, yesterdays election shows that our political system does work.

I'm still pretty green around here, and have enjoyed reading the varied opinions, comments, attacks and the like from all of you who post here. As far as starting my own threads go, I usually shy away and leave it for the more bold personalities that grace this board.

But .... today I would like to share with all of you, just how proud I am to be an American living in these times. I've been paying attention to politics for only a few short years. Through reading, watching the news and being a member of a political message boards such as this, I have learned a tremendous amount.

Well, being a New Englander and a former resident of Massachusetts, yesterday's election results left me with a smile and good feeling that I've kept going all day! I'm excited to be part of this process and to watch how politics in America is playing out. I am a Tea Party member. I was in D.C. for the Taxypayer March last September. I am a registered Republican, but as far as I'm concerned, like many of you, the corruption and dishonesty is on BOTH sides. Perhaps I should re-register as an Independent. Regardless, I'm happy to be part of this.

Thank you for your time.

Thanks for your post and thanks for sharing your candid thoughts.

Two quick questions.

Were you NOT proud to be an American last week?

Do you think the election of Scott Brown is going to result in any vast changes?

Thank you for your time.

Two quick questions.

Do you think the election of Scott Brown is going to result in any vast changes?

X-man, ..."...any vast changes..."j???

Do you think the folks in DC see it that way?

Thank you for your time.

Two quick questions.

As I see it, you've got to work with what you've got.

But the key word is "WORK"...rather than just argue and stagnate for eternity.

Thank you for your time.

Thanks for your post and thanks for sharing your candid thoughts. You're welcome.

Two quick questions. Okay.

Were you NOT proud to be an American last week? Oh yes! Very proud. I'm not pulling a Michele Obama here and claiming for the first time in my life I'm proud to be an American.

Do you think the election of Scott Brown is going to result in any vast changes? Yes I do. Not with Obama himself. He'll keep moving forward with his agenda. But I do believe that many Democrats, especially the ones up for re-election in the fall, will stop and think twice about their own career vs. backing the President.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your response and questions.

Two quick questions.

IMO, the GOP knows it can't take America forward. After all, they had all of the political marbles for almost 8 years and look what they did. They don't seem to understand that unbridled capitalism is not good for the nation or its people. That's why Teddy Roosevelt put a saddle and bridle on it at the beginning of the last century.

Thank you for your time.

Thanks for your post and thanks for sharing your candid thoughts. You're welcome.

Were you NOT proud to be an American last week? Oh yes! Very proud. I'm not pulling a Michele Obama here and claiming for the first time in my life I'm proud to be an American.

Do you think the election of Scott Brown is going to result in any vast changes? Yes I do. Not with Obama himself. He'll keep moving forward with his agenda. But I do believe that many Democrats, especially the ones up for re-election in the fall, will stop and think twice about their own career vs. backing the President.[/QUOTE]

Let's imagine that you are correct. And let's imagine that the GOP would have gotten its way in regard to the stimulus packet (as flawed as it is). What you're saying is that you're in favor of a depression versus a flawed stimulus package.

Pride should be reserved for personal accomplishments.

Lucky would be a better term to describe the winning of a birthing lottery.

IMO, the GOP knows it can't take America forward. After all, they had all of the political marbles for almost 8 years and look what they did. They don't seem to understand that unbridled capitalism is not good for the nation or its people. That's why Teddy Roosevelt put a saddle and bridle on it at the beginning of the last century.

Teddy Roselvelt was a communist, a progressive, and a republican. He was not a conservative since he had to tone down his progressive politics in order to get the conservatives into the republican party (I believe).

I can't say that the economy was better in the 20th century than the 19th century but at least in the 19th century the govt. butted out of the economic affairs of the people and that meant that if you failed you did because of your own actions and not because of govt policy.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBi4lF043kQ&feature=related]YouTube - Captain Capitalism: Cup o' Democracy[/ame]

Teddy Roselvelt was a communist, a progressive, and a republican. He was not a conservative since he had to tone down his progressive politics in order to get the conservatives into the republican party (I believe).

I can't say that the economy was better in the 20th century than the 19th century but at least in the 19th century the govt. butted out of the economic affairs of the people and that meant that if you failed you did because of your own actions and not because of govt policy.

LOL. And you are a real fruitcake!

Ah yes, let's return to child labor and Jim Crow.

Let's imagine that you are correct. And let's imagine that the GOP would have gotten its way in regard to the stimulus packet (as flawed as it is). What you're saying is that you're in favor of a depression versus a flawed stimulus package.

No, I'm not saying that at all.

I don't see it as the stimulus package as giving the GOP what it wanted. I see it as flawed, yes, but I see it as stimulus package that would have and should have helped out the millions of unemployed workers around this country. Never mind about the GOP.
The headline on Drudge this morning has initial jobless claims on the rise. Not good news. Besides, that stimulus package, full of pork, was just payback for getting Obama elected. It may have helped with infrastructure, bridges ... roads ... but why haven't the small businesses started hiring new employees?

Forum List

Back