Proud Pop

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
Is it in bad taste to brag about your kids?

Friday was the last day of school for my daughters and over the last 2 weeks it's been award ceremonies, plays and a Mom and Dad filled with pride. My daughters have worked really hard this year and both ended up with straight ..A,s.

The thing that kinda gets me is that my wife and I don't really put much pressure on them, we just ask them to do their best and they just do it. I'm just amazed by it really.

Friday was the last day of school for my daughters and over the last 2 weeks it's been award ceremonies, plays and a Mom and Dad filled with pride. My daughters have worked really hard this year and both ended up with straight ..A,s.

The thing that kinda gets me is that my wife and I don't really put much pressure on them, we just ask them to do their best and they just do it. I'm just amazed by it really.

Yes lumpy---being proud of your kid makes you a complete asshole !!! :lol:

brag on bro---sounds like you're doing soemthing right !

I'm not big on bragging, it's just not in my nature but dang these Gals have been choking me up for the past 2 weeks....:eusa_doh:...Heck, I'd love them either way..

:lol:

I'm not big on bragging, it's just not in my nature but dang these Gals have been choking me up for the past 2 weeks....:eusa_doh:...Heck, I'd love them either way..

telling us great things that you or your kids do isn't necessarly braggin-------besides--if it goes too far somone here will jump all over your shit. :lol:

Should be proud when your kids are doing great! Thanks for sharing here. That's neat, and I hope you have a full life time being proud of what they do.

No, It's not in bad taste. Tell them congrats on the straight A's...they did good!!

Should be proud when your kids are doing great! Thanks for sharing here. That's neat, and I hope you have a full life time being proud of what they do.

Thank you.. and your comment just gave me a thought, a question really..

Are we programed to only talk about the bad stuff and keep the good stuff bottled inside?

I'm sure plenty of parents are proud of what there kids do but we generally only here about the not so good stuff.

Last edited:

No, It's not in bad taste. Tell them congrats on the straight A's...they did good!!

Yup.. got that covered

Lumpy, don't forget.
A students teach, B students manage the companies owned by the C & D students.

Well...... that was inspiring..:lol:

grades mean nothing and everything. You could have a straight A student that doesn't even try and you could have a C student the studies every chance they get. As long as your kids do their best, that's all you can ask. I would also supplement their learning because Lord knows our public schools are terrible. My parents bought the Harvard Classics and kept them around and they sure helped me with my learning. I read somewhere that parents who own books have children who read. I encourage reading and have learned more since I left school than I ever did in school. I'm shocked that they still teach that Paul Revere made that midnight ride when history shows he spent the night in jail. It's amazing how bad the information is that they are teaching our children. Do you know that in some of the southern states they are teaching that there are two thankgivings? One in Nov and one in Apr. The April one is Mexico's Thanksgiving. They don't teach about Canada's Oct Thanksgiving up here. Personally, I like celebrating Canada's Thanksgiving because it's far enough away from Christmas that it's a good time to have the family together.

And those kids in Georgia that were so stupid the compared cinco de mayo with our Independence day? Mexico's Independence Day is in Sept......I mean, geez talk about being an idiot and this is supposedly "their" culture.

Okay, I got off on a tangent there. You have every right to be proud of your girls......keep encouraging them and don't let anyone discourage you. You're a good father. All parents should be as lucky as you and all kids should be as lucky as your girls.

GREAT KIDS almost always have GREAT PARENTS. The apple doesn't fall very far from the tree. Congratulations. You have a right to be proud and have earned your bragging rights.

Lumpy, don't forget.
A students teach, B students manage the companies owned by the C & D students.

Well...... that was inspiring..:lol:

grades mean nothing and everything. You could have a straight A student that doesn't even try and you could have a C student the studies every chance they get. As long as your kids do their best, that's all you can ask. I would also supplement their learning because Lord knows our public schools are terrible. My parents bought the Harvard Classics and kept them around and they sure helped me with my learning. I read somewhere that parents who own books have children who read. I encourage reading and have learned more since I left school than I ever did in school. I'm shocked that they still teach that Paul Revere made that midnight ride when history shows he spent the night in jail. It's amazing how bad the information is that they are teaching our children. Do you know that in some of the southern states they are teaching that there are two thankgivings? One in Nov and one in Apr. The April one is Mexico's Thanksgiving. They don't teach about Canada's Oct Thanksgiving up here. Personally, I like celebrating Canada's Thanksgiving because it's far enough away from Christmas that it's a good time to have the family together.

And those kids in Georgia that were so stupid the compared cinco de mayo with our Independence day? Mexico's Independence Day is in Sept......I mean, geez talk about being an idiot and this is supposedly "their" culture.

Okay, I got off on a tangent there. You have every right to be proud of your girls......keep encouraging them and don't let anyone discourage you. You're a good father. All parents should be as lucky as you and all kids should be as lucky as your girls.

My kids work hard, sure they grump about it, they get frustrated by it but they do it. We only ask that they do their best and give them what they need. We live in a small town and I think that helps, just some of the big city stresses.

All of my kids like to read, my wife started reading to them from the start and heck even my 30 year old daughter loves to be there when my wife reads to our grandchildren. My 17 year old daughter is just finishing up writing her first book.

I've notice that they all come out of the chute with distinct personalities and as parents you just have to figure out ways of dealing with the good and not so good parts of their personalities. We've had success and have fallen short but I know my kids all have good hearts and are good people.

Well this post is long enough so I wont go into your "tangent", it was interesting though..;)

GREAT KIDS almost always have GREAT PARENTS. The apple doesn't fall very far from the tree. Congratulations. You have a right to be proud and have earned your bragging rights.

Thank you.. I am proud but mostly I credit my wife, heck, she even got me on the straight and narrow..

Forum List

Back