Protests on Wall street

This would be Stephen Learner's plan to collapse wall street for the working man, yes? You know the threats made back, in May?

violent-pictures-from-occupy-wall-street-protests? said:
Over 80 people were arrested in downtown Manhattan during a protest against Wall Street on Saturday. Protestors are complaining that police used excessive force.
enhanced-buzz-16362-1316961158-1.jpg

They want jobs and they're opposing owners of corporations that pay $8T yearly to employees.

Leftist politics may be a bit hard to follow sometimes...

What is this the Sixties...They don't like getting jobs from Corporations.
Why not go down to the Bowery/skid row and apply for jobs with the homeless people there.

What is this the Sixties...They don't like getting jobs from Corporations.
Why not go down to the Bowery/skid row and apply for jobs with the homeless people there.
They got jobs. Protesting IS their job.

Granny says, "Dat's right - make dem rich business people pay for it, since dey done outsourced American jobs overseas...
:clap2:
Sources Say Sen. Reid Wants Millionaire Surtax to Pay for Jobs Bill
October 05, 2011 | WASHINGTON – Senate Democrats are considering a surtax on millionaires to offset the cost of President Barack Obama's $445 billion jobs bill, according to several party aides.
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., outlined plans for a 5 percent surcharge in a closed-door meeting with the rank and file, according to participants, as Obama traveled to Texas to deliver his most caustic challenge yet to House Republicans who have not allowed a vote on the legislation unveiled nearly a month ago. "What's the problem? Do they not have the time? They just had a week off. Is it inconvenient?" he said in Mesquite, Texas, singling out House Majority Leader Eric Cantor for special criticism. There was no indication Cantor, R-Va., or the House Republicans would agree.

The move would be an effort to win more support for the package within the Democratic Party. Republicans have said they oppose the plan, and even some Senate Democrats have been critical of aspects of the plan. After three weeks of presidential demands for Congress to pass his jobs bill without delay, White House communications director Dan Pfeiffer said Obama was open to Reid's changes. "We offered a balanced way to pay for the American Jobs Act, but if Congress has a better idea that ensures that everyone pays their fair share, we're open to it," Pfeiffer said.

On a day rich in political maneuvering, Senate GOP leader Mitch McConnell announced he was ready for an immediate vote on the bill, even though he opposes it. Reading aloud on the Senate floor from a copy of Obama's speech, he said, "I do think the president makes an important point that he is entitled to a vote." The request was blocked by Reid, who called it a "political stunt" and said he would make sure the bill comes to the floor this month. Aboard Air Force One, White House press secretary Jay Carney accused Republicans of gamesmanship.

The parliamentary dance aside, the day's events underscored that as submitted by the White House, Obama's bill would not only fail in the Republican-controlled House, but faced enough opposition from Democrats to endanger its prospects in the Senate, as well. "There's the good, the bad and the ugly. The ugly was $447 billion," said Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., referring to the overall size of the president's request.

Read more: Sources Say Sen. Reid Wants Millionaire Surtax To Pay For Jobs Bill | Fox News

Oooooo...kay.

face-3.jpg

Boo fucking hoo! Ask me if I care! Did we hurt the nasty little hippies? Let them have a taste of what their progenitors dished out to me, forty years ago! Payback is a real bitch, and I love the sound of liberal skulls being cracked! I'd like to spit in every single one of their little commie faces, disgusting little pukes!

Gee... I wonder if Obama will stop collecting millions of corporate bucks for his re-election bid in honor of the protesters...

Somehow.. I think not...:lol:

One might be compelled to ask, gee, what's the fuss about? , Maybe greed isn't good when it creates an oligarhy , disparity, austerity

~S~

Gee... I wonder if Obama will stop collecting millions of corporate bucks for his re-election bid in honor of the protesters...

Somehow.. I think not...:lol:
Likewise the $1,548,400,000,000 he's collected from corporations over the past year in taxes.

One might be compelled to ask, gee, what's the fuss about? , Maybe greed isn't good when it creates an oligarhy , disparity, austerity

~S~
Puleeze. At least the people WORKING on Wall Street are EARNING their money.

Those who can, do.
Those who can't, teach.
Those who can't teach, critique.
Those who can't critique, protest.

Yeah, these Occupado creeps are 3 down in the stack. Not looking good for your heros.

~S~

One assumes the protesters are very very stupid and so very very liberal since that can't say what they stand for. When interviewed most of them know better than to even try. Its revolution just for the hell of it, again. A feeling is good enough for a liberal. Actual thinking does not even occur to them.

Forum List

Back