Protests in Iran

The world has no police, no real international law, that is a nice wish list. The world has power, spheres of influence, ideology.

They all compete, you can not just lie down and hope it will go away, it does not. It will all find you.

Iraq now has a chance, it is their chance, one they risked against an insurgent brutality most Westerners can not even imagine anymore, determining their own fate; they told you, as straight as any people could tell you, no more Mafia Don Saddam.

They have a chance to determine their own future.

Will they fuck it up?

I hope not.

And I find it sad and strange so many of you hope they do.

Even if one has a real a principled reason to have been against the war, I can find no real or principled reason to be against Iraqi democracy, other than self indulgent ego.

Last edited:
I am very surprised that the Right in this country isn't supporting the right wing conservative government in Iran.

After all, the protesters are of the radical left.

The entire reason they are fighting is to get "religion" OUT of government.

Why does the right support a religious take over here and protest the religious right wing conservative government in Iran. It doesn't make a lick of sense.

After all, the right supported the new Iraqi constitution that makes "Islam" the national religion and Article 2 of the US Republican supported Iraqi Constitution says all legislation is based on Islam.

Do you think the American right wing just follows Republican leaders without rhyme or reason?

Maybe Rightwinger can help you answer your questions. For the rest of us, the Right-wing portion of the Republican party has no power whatsoever which is why we don't concern ourselves with them. The bigger question is whether Obama and/or the UN will do anything substantive. So far, they have chosen to sit on the sidelines.

And again....what would you want them to do?

The world has no police, no real international law, that is a nice wish list. The world has power, spheres of influence, ideology.

They all compete, you can not just lie down and hope it will go away, it does not. It will all find you.

Iraq now has a chance, it is their chance, one they risked against an insurgent brutality most Westerners can not even imagine anymore, determining their own fate; they told you, as straight as any people could tell you, no more Mafia Don Saddam.

They have a chance to determine their own future.

Will they fuck it up?

I hope not.

And I find it sad and strange so many of you hope they do.

Even if one has a real a principled reason to have been against the war, I can find no real or principled reason to be against Iraqi democracy, other than self indulgent ego.

It's not a question of "hoping they mess up". They already have. You assume they want what we want. Well they don't. If they wanted what we want, with their money, they would already have it.

Forum List

Back