Protests in DC draw upwards of 1 Trillion people

"The anointed one!? You mean the overwhelmingly elected President of the United States?

53 to 47 is a clear win, but hardly qualifies as overwhelming.

And since then, his promise of "hope and change" has been revealed to be largely bullshit. Even stalwart liberal Democrats are getting annoyed by that guy.

The more Americans see and hear President Obama, the more they hope for change in 2010 and in 2012.

this is an overwhelming election result

BBC NEWS | Middle East | Saddam 'wins 100% of vote'

and before you get a hard one about evil saddam, overwhelming results are not a good sign of a functioning democracy.

Fraudulent results really don't count as overwhelming.

And overwhelming results CAN be, depending on the circumstances, completely consistent with a properly functioning democracy. But I agree that it is not necessarily a sign of a good, functioning democracy.

And since then, his promise of "hope and change" has been revealed to be largely bullshit. Even stalwart liberal Democrats are getting annoyed by that guy.

The more Americans see and hear President Obama, the more they hope for change in 2010 and in 2012.

Obama defeated McCain by a 2:1 Margin

By any account, that was a first class butt whipp'n

It will be even larger in 2012

The Electoral College total is not indicative of the feelings of th American electorate, dopey.

The 2 : 1 margin in the Electoral College comes from the Obama campaign securing more of the popular vote in certain key States. (A good campaign against a lousy one, to give team Obama proper credit and to assign some of the blame where it belongs.)

But overall, President Obama won the popular vote by a far less dramatic margin.

The voters are already starting to hope for change. Can we GET it?

Yes we can!

Presidents are not elected by popular vote, they are elected by the electoral college. If you have problems understanding this, maybe President Gore can explain it to you

Obama won by OVER a 2:1 margin....he will win by a larger margin in 2012

this is an overwhelming election result

BBC NEWS | Middle East | Saddam 'wins 100% of vote'

and before you get a hard one about evil saddam, overwhelming results are not a good sign of a functioning democracy.

Fraudulent results really don't count as overwhelming.

And overwhelming results CAN be, depending on the circumstances, completely consistent with a properly functioning democracy. But I agree that it is not necessarily a sign of a good, functioning democracy.

good, your last part we agree on, because my next question would have been what you would count as an overwhelming election result.

what was reagan against mondale in popular vote?

whenever i see election results above 66%, and we had that in bavaria, then i suspect there is something rotten in denmark.

The Electoral College total is not indicative of the feelings of th American electorate, dopey.

The 2 : 1 margin in the Electoral College comes from the Obama campaign securing more of the popular vote in certain key States. (A good campaign against a lousy one, to give team Obama proper credit and to assign some of the blame where it belongs.)

But overall, President Obama won the popular vote by a far less dramatic margin.

Yes we can!

Presidents are not elected by popular vote, they are elected by the electoral college. If you have problems understanding this, maybe President Gore can explain it to you

Settle down, Beavis.

Yes we can!

Yeah yeah, assclown. I really need you to tell me again that which I had already stated. :cuckoo:

You pontificating liberoidal assbites need to take a break.

The popular vote was still far from overwhelming, which is not just a correct statement, but what I had said.

You idiots who use false usernames to pretend to be something you're clearly not tend to be even more stupid than the average imbecile liberoidals.

Yes we can!

Settle down, Beavis.

he will win by a larger margin in 2012

No brag just fact. McCain was the best candidate republicans had by far in 2008. They had no candidate lurking in the wings who would have done a better job than John McCain. McCain was able to claim more of the moderate vote than any republican candidate could do in 2012

If you don't think Obama will take more states in 2012.....name me a candidate or even a platform that will win back the lost states?

Last edited:

Settle down, Beavis.

No brag just fact. McCain was the best candidatee republicans had by far in 2008. They had no candidate lurking in the wings who would have done a better job than John McCain. McCain was able to claim more of the moderate vote than any republican candidate could do in 2012

If you don't think Obama will take more states in 2012.....name me a candidate or even a platform that will win back the lost states?

McCain ran an awful campaign and all I have to say is "Sarah Palin."

The Dems could have ran damn near anybody in that political climate against that campaign and win the White House.

Obama isn't going to have the benefit of Bush backlash and the McCain campaign fumbling almost every part of the campaign next time around.

Romney/Huckabee could change the map.

NC, VA, OH, IN, FL, CO, NM ... these are far from gimmes.

I like your confidence but I think you are overestimating Obama's victory in 2008 and not taking into consideration that 3 years in politics is an outright eternity.

Settle down, Beavis.

No brag just fact. McCain was the best candidatee republicans had by far in 2008. They had no candidate lurking in the wings who would have done a better job than John McCain. McCain was able to claim more of the moderate vote than any republican candidate could do in 2012

The Dems could have ran damn near anybody in that political climate against that campaign and win the White House.

Obama isn't going to have the benefit of Bush backlash and the McCain campaign fumbling almost every part of the campaign next time around.

I like your confidence but I think you are overestimating Obama's victory in 2008 and not taking into consideration that 3 years in politics is an outright eternity.

McCain ran an awful campaign because it was forced on him by the far right (Palin). They will botch the 2012 candidates platform too

I actually like Mitt Romney....too bad the republicans don't. They ate him alive in the last election and this one will be more of the same. The party hasn't changed and is unwilling to accept Romneys moderate views
Huckabee seems like a nice guy. Someone you could meet at a bar and talk for hours. His religious views will work against him. He is also too nice....Boss Limbaugh would eat him alive

If the economy is stable in 2012 all this is moot. Obama will win by a landslide once again

Last edited:
Wasn't the popular vote 53% obama 47% mccain??

I mean thats like 2 million more people voting obama, a lot, but i dont think its 2 to 1

Or were you talking about the electoral college?

Wasn't the popular vote 53% obama 47% mccain??

I mean thats like 2 million more people voting obama, a lot, but i dont think its 2 to 1

Or were you talking about the electoral college?

Presidents are elected by the electoral college as we were so aptly reminded in 2000

McCain ran an awful campaign because it was forced on him by the far right (Palin). They will botch the 2012 candidates platform too

I actually like Mitt Romney....too bad the republicans don't. They ate him alive in the last election and this one will be more of the same. The party hasn't changed and is unwilling to accept Romneys moderate views
Huckabee seems like a nice guy. Someone you could meet at a bar and talk for hours. His religious views will work against him. He is also too nice....Boss Limbaugh would eat him alive

If the economy is stable in 2012 all this is moot. Obama will win by a landslide once again

If McCain had picked Romney, he might have won. But the "base" hated Romney because he wasn't Christian enough for them.

republicans hate to admit it....but John McCain was their best available candidate by far in 2008. The republican primaries showed that in spite of Boss Limbaughs attacks on him, John McCain was the only candidate who appealed to the real republican base which is more moderate than they like to admit

Forum List

Back