Protestors Target Military Hospital

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Hobbit, Aug 27, 2005.

1. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    Heard this on Fox News, and I'm now posting it.

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewSpecialReports.asp?Page=\SpecialReports\archive\200508\SPE20050825a.html

Basically, there's a bunch of hippies who gather in front of Walter Reed Army Medical Center in D.C. every Friday night to protest the war. Did I mention that this is where they treat a great number of those wounded in Iraq? Also, the director of the amputee ward is an amputee himself who was wounded in Iraq. When interviewed, the protestors say the same old crap, that if they were wounded and mutilated because of a lie, they would want somebody protesting on their behalf. As an answer to that statement, the bus that takes patients who are well enough around town for entertainment always stops out front on the way back to salute the protestors...with a single finger.

Who do these guys think they are? The people they're attempting to protest on behalf of want to beat them up. Can't they take a hint?

2. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    I heard about this on Hannity. It ticked me off so bad I was cross eyed. These people need to have the living shit beaten out of them.

3. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Along with the people who are allowing this kind of shit to continue-is anyone gonna stand up here or is this a big wuss out? There has to be ways to regulate this kind of bullshit right out of there . :bang3:

4. Psychoblues

Psychoblues Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    If people that abhor war are "hippies" then I would have to surmise that Jesus was also a "hippie". I would also have to surmise, based on your post, that you are UNAMERICAN. The United States of America was created based on rights of individual differences. But, sometimes, I agree, the freedom of speech is violated. Sometimes those wishing to limit FREEDOM OF SPEECH should simply by shot or otherwise silenced.

Psychoblues

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. theim

theim Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +234
    Now that is almost too much of a stereotypical leftist. Are you like, an ultra-right-wing authoritarian in real life?

6. Psychoblues

Psychoblues Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    No, Im not. I'm just an American. What are you?

Psychoblues

7. Gem

Gem BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +782
    So it is "American" to utilize your freedom of speech by protesting outside a hospital were the wounded soldiers you claim to care about are resting and recuperating...

But it is "Unamerican" to utilize your freedom of speech to state that these people are disgusting individuals who are using their freedoms in a way that most certainly harms troops and demonstrates an uncaring attitude towards sick people?

Give me a break, Psychoblues, your biases are showing.

People have the right to protest the war. Other people have the right to call them assholes. Welcome to America.

As to protesting outside a hospital...if you can't see that as a sick publicity ploy at the expense of people trying to heal and get medical help...then you might be beyond hope. Legislating that people can not protest outside a hospital isn't stifiling freedom of speech anymore than laws saying you can't honk your horn outside a hospital are. The issue in question is the health (mental and physical) of the patients inside.

8. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,360
    I knew there was some low people in this country, but these people are lower than a snake crawls.... nuf said... :moon4: Good post Gem... Maybe we should get these folks addresses and go protest out in front of their home's... See how fast they call the POOOLLLIIICCCEEE for disrubting their free space..... :fu2: :cuckoo:

9. Krizla

Krizla Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Wow, this is weird for me to hear ... i read that some people are protesting against the war in Iraq outside an army hospital and some are saying here they should be beat up? Well, explain me, how can that be correct ... if they want to protest, let them protest, there's no reason to beat people if they're protesting peacefully for what they think is right ...

if you agree with the or not, there's a right to have your own opinion and if you're saying they can't protest ... well, that's not very American at all, is it?

10. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    No one is advocating stopping thier speech--we are merely suggesting that they leave troops who have been injured severely and thier families alone. They can protest all they want--SOMEWHERE ELSE.