Protesting on the Mall this weekend

I tried to explain to a liberal (in the US sense, here Liberals are conservative, everything is up-side down down here) friend of mine that I do not like war but once you are in, you must win. There is no other choice. Defeat and withdrawl is the worst of all worlds. All those lives lost and the enemy dictates the terms.

War may not be rational but once you are in war victory is the only sane choice.

She did not get it, she still thinks the mass violence of war can be cured by a Bob Dylan song.

Last edited:
I went to a Tea Party last July 4, mainly because my wife wanted to go, but to be honest I had a lot of sympathy for the view that public spending was out of control.

Unfortunately, despite the ostensible focus, a huge number of attendees seemed to be there to advance a wider agenda. There was a hardcore religious element, there was an "Obama is a Commie" element, birthers, healthcare agitators, pro life campaigners.

So many of the speeches took in subject matter that was almost entirely unrelated (the only connection seemingly a desire to kick Obama / Democrats for any policy they proposed) to what was supposed to be the main theme that the message about tax was almost completely lost.

I have such a problem with the objectives of some of the other groups that attended that day that I would never go to another tea party. It's a real shame that what was purported to be a grassroots movement has been hijacked by GOP activists and is being used as a party-political stick to beat (an in many cases misrepresent) any proposed Democrat policy.

This turn of events does not surprise me, but it does disappoint me.
They you have to get involved at steer it in the right direction.

It's not going in the wrong direction. It's all the stuff that has become attached to it that I object to.

If I attend a tea party, then my attendance is taken to be tacit approval of agendas that I do not support. And there are other ways to make oneself heard on the tax issue.

I went to a Tea Party last July 4, mainly because my wife wanted to go, but to be honest I had a lot of sympathy for the view that public spending was out of control.

Unfortunately, despite the ostensible focus, a huge number of attendees seemed to be there to advance a wider agenda. There was a hardcore religious element, there was an "Obama is a Commie" element, birthers, healthcare agitators, pro life campaigners.

So many of the speeches took in subject matter that was almost entirely unrelated (the only connection seemingly a desire to kick Obama / Democrats for any policy they proposed) to what was supposed to be the main theme that the message about tax was almost completely lost.

I have such a problem with the objectives of some of the other groups that attended that day that I would never go to another tea party. It's a real shame that what was purported to be a grassroots movement has been hijacked by GOP activists and is being used as a party-political stick to beat (an in many cases misrepresent) any proposed Democrat policy.

This turn of events does not surprise me, but it does disappoint me.

And there you have it.
And I've been to a protest and didn't hear any mention of a god at all.

There you have it.

I'm delighted to hear it. One person's observations are just one person's observations.

I tried to explain to a liberal (in the US sense, here Liberals are conservative, everything is up-side down down here) friend of mine that I do not like war but once you are in, you must win. There is no other choice. Defeat and withdrawl is the worst of all worlds. All those lives lost and the enemy dictates the terms.

War may not be rational but once you are in war victory is the only sane choice.

She did not get it, she still thinks the mass violence of war can be cured by a Bob Dylan song.

Until the world is full of people like her, I suspect she's going to be disappointed.

War is not decision to be taken lightly. And I agree, if you're in it there can be no half measures.

Outraged Tea Baggers?

Hide your women and young children. It ain't gunna be pretty

Who is going to make their signs for them this time? FoxNews and Glenn Beck say there are going to be close to 100 zillion tea baggers out there

Hey its more than 216 and they do not have to bought and bribed either!!! :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back