Protesters to remain on Wall St until Monday

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
Those people on Wall St don't "make" anything. They make their money oftentimes "shorting" people like Goldmann did.
Protesters invade NYC Financial District - US news - Life - msnbc.com
Demonstrators gathered in parks and plazas in Lower Manhattan and said they were determined to stay at least through the weekend so they could confront Wall Street workers on Monday morning.protest of what they said was corporate greed favoring the rich at the expense of ordinary people.
"It's a worthy cause because people on Wall Street are blood-sucking warmongers," Bill Steyerd, 68, a Vietnam veteran from Queens, told the New York Daily News. "I'm here, and in spite of these dinky barricades, we're going to shut down Wall Street with people power."

trickle_down.jpg

Those people on Wall St don't "make" anything. They make their money oftentimes "shorting" people like Goldmann did.
Demonstrators gathered in parks and plazas in Lower Manhattan and said they were determined to stay at least through the weekend so they could confront Wall Street workers on Monday morning.protest of what they said was corporate greed favoring the rich at the expense of ordinary people.
"It's a worthy cause because people on Wall Street are blood-sucking warmongers," Bill Steyerd, 68, a Vietnam veteran from Queens, told the New York Daily News. "I'm here, and in spite of these dinky barricades, we're going to shut down Wall Street with people power."

trickle_down.jpg

"For months the protesters had planned to descend on Wall Street on a Saturday and occupy parts of it as an expression of anger over a financial system that they say favors the rich and powerful at the expense of ordinary citizens.

As it turned out, the demonstrators found much of their target off limits on Saturday as the city shut down sections of Wall Street near the New York Stock Exchange and Federal Hall well before their arrival.

By 10 a.m., metal barricades manned by police officers ringed the blocks of Wall Street between Broadway and William Street to the east. (In a statement, Paul J. Browne, the Police Department’s chief spokesman said, “A protest area was established on Broad Street at Exchange Street, next to the stock exchange, but protesters elected not to use it.”)

Organizers, promoters and supporters called the day, which had been widely discussed on Twitter and other social media sites, simply September 17. Some referred to it as the United States Day of Rage, an apparent reference to a series of disruptive protests against the Vietnam War held in Chicago in 1969."
Wall Street Protest Begins, With Demonstrators Blocked - NYTimes.com

Did I mention that the New York City Police Department is the best in the world?

trickle_down.jpg

"For months the protesters had planned to descend on Wall Street on a Saturday and occupy parts of it as an expression of anger over a financial system that they say favors the rich and powerful at the expense of ordinary citizens.

As it turned out, the demonstrators found much of their target off limits on Saturday as the city shut down sections of Wall Street near the New York Stock Exchange and Federal Hall well before their arrival.

By 10 a.m., metal barricades manned by police officers ringed the blocks of Wall Street between Broadway and William Street to the east. (In a statement, Paul J. Browne, the Police Department’s chief spokesman said, “A protest area was established on Broad Street at Exchange Street, next to the stock exchange, but protesters elected not to use it.”)

Organizers, promoters and supporters called the day, which had been widely discussed on Twitter and other social media sites, simply September 17. Some referred to it as the United States Day of Rage, an apparent reference to a series of disruptive protests against the Vietnam War held in Chicago in 1969."

Did I mention that the New York City Police Department is the best in the world?

says the rightie thug :eusa_eh: :lol:

Let the liberal whining and teeth gnashing begin....:lol:

Barney Frank was in charge of Fannie Mae when it collapsed and brought down the lending industry and impacted the banking industry and Wall Street. Wall Street corporations keep every pension in the United States solvent but the left wing pot smoking kids wouldn't care about that until they saw how the federal government handled their social security. Wall Street ain't your enemy you dumb putzes, it's your friend. Go demonstrate in front of the White House.

If Wall Street is such a sweet ride then go hop on that pony.
Pony up or shut the fuck up.
Liberals envy success, but rather than work towards it they'd more easily hang on the stirrups and blame the rider for their problems.

If by "success" you mean fleecing the other 90%+ then no, I don't envy them. I call Wall St "East Las Vegas" for a reason. The House (Wall St banks) never lose but investors do.

Last edited:
If by "success" you mean fleecing the other 90%+ then no, I don't envy them. I call Wall St "East Las Vegas" for a reason. The House (Wall St banks) never lose but investors do.

You have it bass-ackwards dottie. Everyone is invested in Wall Street. Wall Street r us and Wall Street always pays a dividend. American pensions depend on it. How well has social security done with a FICA tax at the point of a gun for seventy years? The federal government spent every dime like a drunken community activist with a stolen ATM card. Wall Street ain't your enemy dottie. Dumb criminal democrat politicians are.

What a display of national rage! Perhaps more than 100 people showed up! The very continent shifted from the concentration of human mass in one place! Oh, sorry, that was just Michael Moore...

Nothing more than a few clowns looking for a circus.

You have it bass-ackwards dottie. Everyone is invested in Wall Street. Wall Street r us and Wall Street always pays a dividend. American pensions depend on it. How well has social security done with a FICA tax at the point of a gun for seventy years? The federal government spent every dime like a drunken community activist with a stolen ATM card. Wall Street ain't your enemy dottie. Dumb criminal democrat politicians are.

Yeah and Goldman wanted their $ back BEFORE the pensioners. What books have you read on the subject?

trickle_down.jpg

says the rightie thug :eusa_eh: :lol:

Don't make me go to UPPER-CASE, Dotty!

Protesting your government because they are corrupt and asking them to create MORE government to regulate the corrupt government we already have is absolutely ridiculous.

"Yeah, we really need more government to clean up this corrupt and wasteful government we have."

Protesting your government because they are corrupt and asking them to create MORE government to regulate the corrupt government we already have is absolutely ridiculous.

"Yeah, we really need more government to clean up this corrupt and wasteful government we have."
Oh, c'mon. You don't really think they've given this any thought, do you? :lol:

Wall St is government sanctioned thievery :( Thanks for watering down campaign finance reform Repubs!!! :) They'd repeal it if they could. :rolleyes:

New Topics

Forum List

Back