Protesters could disrupt Rose Parade

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
By SOLVEJ SCHOU, Associated Press Writer
2 hours, 9 minutes ago

PASADENA, Calif. - There could be some discord during the Tournament of Roses Parade as demonstrators promise to raise issues during the holiday spectacle that has been going on for more than a century. Human rights advocates plan to protest a float honoring the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games and anti-war activists, including "Peace Mom" Cindy Sheehan, intend to rally for peace.

The theme of this year's New Year's Day parade is "Passport to the World's Celebrations." It will feature 46 floats, 21 marching bands and 18 equestrian units.

Volunteers have busy in Pasadena and nearby areas this past week decorating the floats with buckets of flowers and seeds.

"It's such a great feeling, to see the float on TV and have people say 'You worked on that float, that was so cool, that was so neat.' It makes all the hassle and everything we go through worthwhile," said Moreno Valley resident Linda Priest, 49, assistant crew chief on Honda's "Passport to the Future" float.

The National Weather Service forecast no rain for Tuesday's parade, with highs in the low 70s and not much wind.

more ... http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071229/ap_on_re_us/rose_parade

Idiots. I don't care WHAT rights they think they have. IMO, their rights end where everyone else's begin and screwing up everyone else's good time is just such a case.

Idiots. I don't care WHAT rights they think they have. IMO, their rights end where everyone else's begin and screwing up everyone else's good time is just such a case.

yes protest and dissent against injustice is so..unamericain! why cant they protest quietly in some designated protest area out of sight and out of mind ?

yes protest and dissent against injustice is so..unamericain! why cant they protest quietly in some designated protest area out of sight and out of mind ?

Ya, Like when Clinton was President and had the Secret Service round up all dissenters and put them in "designated" areas no where near the event or the press.

Ohh wait, why are you even talking about dissent, we are all puppets of the bildburgs anyway. Right?

Ya, Like when Clinton was President and had the Secret Service round up all dissenters and put them in "designated" areas no where near the event or the press.

Ohh wait, why are you even talking about dissent, we are all puppets of the bildburgs anyway. Right?

yes the system is indeed controled through the bilderburgs and CFR and the solution to this is dissent and protest so your statement makes no sense.
why dont you take a few moments to educate yourself just a little on the subject and then comment

YouTube - Dick Cheney ex-director of CFR talks to rockefeller
Dick Cheney, covers up CFR membership
1 min 54 sec -

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbnpN07J_zg[/ame]

YouTube - Lou Dobbs vs. THE CFR - Rockefeller and Cheney ...
http://RonPaul2008.comRegional Government here in the US? It ...
9 min -

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-Ccjqy8mhY[/ame]

Which is what I said, right? Want to protest? Get a permit and do so in a proper forum.

I'll say this ... public protests that disrupt just turn people off to whatever the cause is. It's stupid and accomplishes little or nothing.

Why do knuckleheads like you presume to think anyone wants to hear you run your suck? Your extremism and self-importance are YOUR problem, not mine and you violate MY rights pushing your bullshit on me.

Protestors have always cracked me up. They go about blubbering, crying, yelling, making themselves look stupid, and never accomplish a damn thing. And then its on to the next "cause". What a joke.

Which is what I said, right? Want to protest? Get a permit and do so in a proper forum.

I'll say this ... public protests that disrupt just turn people off to whatever the cause is. It's stupid and accomplishes little or nothing.

Why do knuckleheads like you presume to think anyone wants to hear you run your suck? Your extremism and self-importance are YOUR problem, not mine and you violate MY rights pushing your bullshit on me.

First Amendment – Establishment clause, freedom of religion, speech, and press, and peaceable assembly as well as the right to petition the government.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.as long as a government issued permit has been obtained and activity's are confined to designated protest zone .permits will be issued at the discretion of the dept of public control

Forum List

Back