Protesters Carrying Rifle Outside Obama Rally

The lunatic fringe of the right wing is getting more and more extreme...fed by the ravings of Beck, Hannity, and FoxNews

Sooner or later there will be violence.

In about 150 years and with a lot of good hard efforts maybe this so called lunatic fringe of the right wing will catch up with the lunatics on the left.

I typically find myself agreeing with your posts, but not this time. See my reply to Diamond Dave.

Disturbing when a law abiding citizen carries a weapon, without malicious intent of any harm??? PUH-LEASE

Yet another liberal sensationalized story, making mountains out of molehills

Dave, I also typically find myself agreeing with you, but again not this time.

Yes, they have the legal right to bare those arms. My problem is the message they are silently speaking. It is a clear threat to the President. They are saying that they have every intention of using those arms against him if the need be. And what is most disturbing to me is that soon one of these lunatics might just try it and then who will get hurt?

Immie

It is not a "clear threat".. it is a demonstration and expression of the rights they hold dear... there is no correlation between a law abiding citizen carrying a weapon in demonstration and some 'lunatic' trying some forceful action against the President

If the worst happens, just watch how this is viewed afterwards. You dips are a clear danger to my right to own and bear arms.

The problem is those disturbed by this don't believe in the Constitution. ;)

Not true, KK.

I am all for the right to bare arms although I do not want my next door neighbor having a nuke.

I have the right to pick my nose or scratch my crotch in public. That doesn't mean I excercise that right. With rights come responsibility.

Immie

no one has been shot--they are being responsible.

"Has been" is the operative phrase there. Let's just pray that no one is shot.

And another thing, it is not just the gun totters or the President that are endangered here. The rest of the crowd of protesters are put at risk by this. A Secret Service agent seeing something suspicious near the President while they are in a heightened sense of alert because of the gun totters might just injure or kill an innocent bystander.

Immie

Thing is you dont bring a weapon to a Rally like this be it the president, congress, mayor, or your mom tupperware party. There is no reason to bring a weapon to these rallies at all especially a loaded one. The people who do this are idiots, the rally he was protesting had nothing to do with the second amendment anyways what the hell. Thing is if something does happen you all will be saying no there should not be any new gun laws enacted when you supported the idiots bringing the guns in a place they should not bring one in the first place. You are right its not the guns fault its the idiots who carry the guns when they dont need to be armed at all.

USE COMMON SENSE:
Do you bring a weapon to a location you know will get you emotionally excited(angry). Thats just plain stupid!!

Did President Bush not make any visits or appearances in Arizona?

Why is it that these gun toting people did not ever make this kind of attempt when president bush was president and visiting there?

Why didn't they carry their guns at one of the many rallies that McCain had in his own state? Certainly we would have heard about it....?

One has to ask oneself what exactly was the message these gun owners were trying to make with Obama?

hmmm let me guess----"don't fuck with the second amendment " ?

Bullshit...

Bush was no great shakes when it came to the 2nd amendment or any of our Bill of rights come to think of it.... And Mccain hasn't been that great on the 2nd amendment rights either....

Let me guess at what they were trying to say, "Don't fuck with me, or I will fucking kill you!"

Is more like the message I see being told, especially since they did no such thing with McCain or President Bush etc....

What laws has Obama had passed that gives them no more 2nd amendment rights than Bush?

It is not a "clear threat".. it is a demonstration and expression of the rights they hold dear... there is no correlation between a law abiding citizen carrying a weapon in demonstration and some 'lunatic' trying some forceful action against the President

Dave, as said earlier, if this were a 2nd Amendment protest, I might agree with you, but this is different and as far as I can see these people were sending messages to the President. I think those messages are inappropriate.

Immie

So unless a leftist protester is directly protesting against Nazism, then their use of things labeling Bush as a nazi was wrong? You do not have to have every last thing directly targeted (no pun intended) in a protest or political statement. If you are at a tea party protest and you have something symbolizing your stance against abortion, that is your business, whether others think it is the right place or the right message or not.

No.. This was them exercising their rights, as granted by the constitution and their state law.. I would agree with you if they were breaking the law and if they were openly showing threats of violence with the weapons in hand.. but this was NOT the case

I take it that none of you will mind when people who are obviously on the left side of the equasion show up armed the next time Sarah Palin or Glen Beck speaks, too, right?
If protesters in Arizona do this in the exact same way in some protest against Palin or Newt or whomever else, all well and good.. they are not breaking any law and are not threatening violence

Why is it that these gun toting people did not ever make this kind of attempt when president bush was president and visiting there?

Why didn't they carry their guns at one of the many rallies that McCain had in his own state? Certainly we would have heard about it....?

One has to ask oneself what exactly was the message these gun owners were trying to make with Obama?

Who says they haven't done it with every president? You only hear about this kind of shit when it drums up outrage, in other words, when the media can milk it for ratings.

hmmm let me guess----"don't fuck with the second amendment " ?

Bullshit...

Bush was no great shakes when it came to the 2nd amendment or any of our Bill of rights come to think of it.... And Mccain hasn't been that great on the 2nd amendment rights either....

Let me guess at what they were trying to say, "Don't fuck with me, or I will fucking kill you!"

Is more like the message I see being told, especially since they did no such thing with McCain or President Bush etc....

What laws has Obama had passed that gives them no more 2nd amendment rights than Bush?

LMAO---excerising a constitutional right is a death threat ? :lol:

Dave, as said earlier, if this were a 2nd Amendment protest, I might agree with you, but this is different and as far as I can see these people were sending messages to the President. I think those messages are inappropriate.

Immie

So unless a leftist protester is directly protesting against Nazism, then their use of things labeling Bush as a nazi was wrong? You do not have to have every last thing directly targeted (no pun intended) in a protest or political statement. If you are at a tea party protest and you have something symbolizing your stance against abortion, that is your business, whether others think it is the right place or the right message or not.

No.. This was them exercising their rights, as granted by the constitution and their state law.. I would agree with you if they were breaking the law and if they were openly showing threats of violence with the weapons in hand.. but this was NOT the case

I don't remember anybody taking guns to a protest against Bush. Would you care to point out where this has happened.

This was intended as a threat, and that is how most citizens will view it. You wingnuts are moving well outside the boundries of sanity.

Immie

Dave,

When was the last time you saw me supporting the leftist who labeled Bush a NAZI?

I disagree about them excercising their rights, they were making a statement and that statement has no place in America.

Immie

Thanks for totally side-stepping my post on the last page, guys. Means you thought I was right :)

Immie

What do you suppose their message was?

George Washington once said; "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence. To secure peace, securely and happiness, the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good."

The 2nd amendment grants us the right to protect our liberty, even from an abusive government.

Immie

I don't remember anybody taking guns to a protest against Bush. Would you care to point out where this has happened.

This was intended as a threat, and that is how most citizens will view it. You wingnuts are moving well outside the boundries of sanity.

this was not a threat.. there were no open threats.. there was no resemblance of any other threat.. .and the Secret Service was not involved on any higher level because of it... the only ones viewing it as any sort of threat are you far left wingnut moonbats....

As stated, if this were in a place/state where open carry was against the law, or if there was threatening action being taken with any weapon, I would be whole hog against it... but this was not the case...

Oh.. and BTW.. neg rep right back at you, moonbat

Thanks for totally side-stepping my post on the last page, guys. Means you thought I was right :)

hahahahaha, I don't know what you SAID on the other page, but what has happened to you has happened to me, many a day!!!! And i thought it was funny that it happens to others...:lol:

The biggest laugh in all this, is can you imagine the right's reaction if lefties had turned up at a Bush rally with their peashooters...lol..when a person wearing an anti-Bush t-shirt is tossed out of a rally...LOL...LOL....Welcome ot the United States of Bush...lol

Last edited:
What do you suppose their message was?

George Washington once said; "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence. To secure peace, securely and happiness, the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good."

The 2nd amendment grants us the right to protect our liberty, even from an abusive government.

The message was, "We are prepared to shoot you if you proceed with this course of action." Their message was that they are not above assassination in order to get their way.

Regarding the Washington quote, please don't tell me you think these people were protecting the protesters.

Immie

this was not a threat.. there were no open threats.. there was no resemblance of any other threat.. .and the Secret Service was not involved on any higher level because of it... the only ones viewing it as any sort of threat are you far left wingnut moonbats....

As stated, if this were in a place/state where open carry was against the law, or if there was threatening action being taken with any weapon, I would be whole hog against it... but this was not the case...

Oh.. and BTW.. neg rep right back at you, moonbat

WTF(udge)? Me a left wing moonbat! Now, I have been called many things, but this is the lowest of lows Dave!

Immie

Forum List

Back