Protesters Carrying Rifle Outside Obama Rally

Immanuel

Gold Member
May 15, 2007
PHOENIX – About a dozen people carrying guns, including one with a military-style rifle, milled among protesters outside the convention center where President Barack Obama was giving a speech Monday — the latest incident in which protesters have openly displayed firearms near the president.

Gun-rights advocates say they're exercising their constitutional right to bear arms and protest, while those who argue for more gun control say it could be a disaster waiting to happen.

Phoenix police said the gun-toters at Monday's event, including the man carrying an AR-15 semi-automatic rifle slung over his shoulder, didn't need permits. No crimes were committed, and no one was arrested.
"When you start to bring guns to political rallies, it does layer on another level of concern and significance," Solop said. "It actually becomes quite scary for many people. It creates a chilling effect in the ability of our society to carry on honest communication."

Man carrying assault weapon attends Obama protest - Yahoo! News

I am no fan of the President, but this is disturbing to me. The message is clear and quite frankly, I think inappropriate. Not to mention just plain stupid. Notice that at least one of the guys wouldn't identify himself.

Immie

Last edited:
You should temporarily lose your right to bear arms if you are near the President.

When the President is no longer in your vicinity, you can carry on shooting Old Milwaukee cans off your fence post until the cows come home.

PHOENIX – About a dozen people carrying guns, including one with a military-style rifle, milled among protesters outside the convention center where President Barack Obama was giving a speech Monday — the latest incident in which protesters have openly displayed firearms near the president.

Gun-rights advocates say they're exercising their constitutional right to bear arms and protest, while those who argue for more gun control say it could be a disaster waiting to happen.

Phoenix police said the gun-toters at Monday's event, including the man carrying an AR-15 semi-automatic rifle slung over his shoulder, didn't need permits. No crimes were committed, and no one was arrested.
"When you start to bring guns to political rallies, it does layer on another level of concern and significance," Solop said. "It actually becomes quite scary for many people. It creates a chilling effect in the ability of our society to carry on honest communication."

I am no fan of the President, but this is disturbing to me. The message is clear and quite frankly, I think inappropriate. Not to mention just plain stupid. Notice that at least one of the guys wouldn't identify himself.

Immie

At least it wasn't concealed. I once attended a protest, when I actually thought the majority of liberals practiced what they preached, which I do believe in, and too many of them had concealed weapons of all sorts, I was lucky, a cop I know pulled me out before the shit really hit the fan.

It's not as though they posed any significant threat, because the Service would have been ridiculously paranoid if they actually had. This local rangemaster that I talk to never tires of telling the story of the time that Reagan and his wife showed up and agents forced everyone to disarm (basic precaution, obviously) and extensively checked out all weapons even beyond that.

Immie

The lunatic fringe of the right wing is getting more and more extreme...fed by the ravings of Beck, Hannity, and FoxNews

Sooner or later there will be violence.

Immie

The lunatic fringe of the right wing is getting more and more extreme...fed by the ravings of Beck, Hannity, and FoxNews

It appears you don't have a clue what the political right and political left actually is. You keep using "right wing" wrongly. If you could educate yourself, instead of spouting incorrect talking points for the sake of getting some partisan hack rep, the integrity of your posting and intellect would increase.

Immie

It appears you don't have a clue what the political right and political left actually is. You keep using "right wing" wrongly. If you could educate yourself, instead of spouting incorrect talking points for the sake of getting some partisan hack rep, the integrity of your posting and intellect would increase.
your advice is way too late
he is already known as nothing but a partisan hack
:lol:

Immie

Isn't it uncomfortable having Obama's dick up your ass?

Immie

Isn't it uncomfortable having Obama's dick up your ass?
see, now i thought he had his head up Obamas ass

Forum List

Back