Protesters Attack GOP Buses...

unless you provide a video link showing these protestors doing these things I don't believe that, especially not when the link you provided a link to an obvious rightwing blog site.

and newsflash for you, those protestors don't represent liberals. Most are war protestors and protestors who think BOTH parties SUCK. It's just that the RNC represent the current administration so they are bearing the brunt of their protests.

Remember that the next time some weirdo shoots his boss or walks into a church and wipes out a bunch of parishioners claiming to be doing it for the right-wing cause.

The problem with refusing to accept the accounts of right wing media sources is the mainstream media buries the news which isnt' favorable to their agenda.

What makes you think they represent anyone but themselves?

I thought you were all about PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.

unless you provide a video link showing these protestors doing these things I don't believe that, especially not when the link you provided a link to an obvious rightwing blog site.

and newsflash for you, those protestors don't represent liberals. Most are war protestors and protestors who think BOTH parties SUCK. It's just that the RNC represent the current administration so they are bearing the brunt of their protests.

Yet you have no problem claiming every loon that shoots people is a right winger and the republican party is responsible. Go figure.

Republican Convention protests turn violent as 250 arrested - Times Online

But once the main antiwar march had finished, splinter groups embarked on a violent rampage, smashing windows, slashing car tyres, throwing bottles and even attacking Republican delegates attending the nearby Xcel Centre.

Many of those involved identified themselves to reporters as anarchists. These protesters, some clad in black, wreaked havoc by damaging property and starting at least one fire.

Police raid headquarters of RNC protesters - CNN.com

ST. PAUL, Minnesota (CNN) -- Police raided a rental hall used by a group organizing protests at the Republican National Convention in St. Paul, Minnesota, on Friday.

Police on Friday raid the hall rented by a group planning to protest the Republican National Convention.

The RNC Welcoming Committee, which describes itself as "anarchist/anti-authoritarian," accused St. Paul police of trying to disrupt their protest planned for Monday, the day the GOP convention is set to begin.

Although no one was arrested, the group said police temporarily detained and photographed at least 50 people who were inside the building.

St. Paul Police spokesman Tom Walsh said they were executing a search warrant.

"The cause for the search warrant is not public at this time," Walsh said.
As many as 30 police officers entered with guns drawn, according to witnesses in the building

RNC protests turn violent; hundreds arrested | mndaily.com
A mob of 200 anarchists marched through the streets of downtown St. Paul shouting, “Whose streets? Our streets.”

By the time they were through with their impromptu protest Monday afternoon, they were right.

A Minneapolis police car sat gutted after protesters smashed its windows as a horde of police finally caught up with them nearly two hours after the melee began.

Police were broadsided by the protest and opted to contain, rather than conclude, the unsanctioned demonstration-turned-riot.

Ramsey County Sheriff Bob Fletcher said police arrested around 100 protesters throughout Monday afternoon, and media outlets reported more than 283 people had been arrested, including 129 on felonies, as of press of time.

Deciding the route block-by-block based on which paths were least populated by police, the black-clad anarchist group stormed the streets of St. Paul with media members in tow, knocking over newspaper boxes and street-side garbage cans to block roadways.

Roadway blockers became the least of concerns when the group dug bricks out of landscaped areas and threw them at windows.

At one point, smoke bombs billowed and the smell and sting of pepper spray filled the air as protesters smashed windows in nearby buildings, including the First National Bank Building and Macy’s.

About a dozen police cars rolled up Sixth Street, and the anarchists ran to an intersection with a barricade to block advancing authorities. One jumped on the hood and roof of a squad car before rejoining the mob.

One squad car swerved to the side, and protesters smashed all its windows before scurrying into a full parking lot. They dodged cars and slinked through an alley without police pursuit, bringing the riot to an abrupt end.

After that, the more violent protest seemed to dissipate. Police beefed up security around the scheduled, peaceful parade following the earlier fracas; riot police lined streets and pushed security barriers back a half-block.

Protesters and police clash again

A group of protesters calling themselves the Anti-Capitalist Block clashed briefly with riot police before many were detained at Shepard Road under the St. Paul bluffs.

Police fired rubber bullets and tear gas at the group at the intersection at Jackson St reet and Shepard, after demonstrators sought entry onto the street.

The crowd then retreated in the other direction for about 15 minutes, followed closely by the advancing riot police firing smoke bombs and tear gas with some demonstrators banging on passing cars.

A volunteer medic calling himself Garth, an EMT from Oregon, said he treated “tens and tens” of injuries from tear gas and rubber bullets during the confrontation.

Demonstrator and University senior Jess Wenstrom said the violent police reaction was unprovoked.

“We were all walking on the sidewalk legally,” she said. “We were just yelling, ‘We’re peaceful, stop tear gassing us,’ and we’d run and the tear gas would be on both sides.”

At the intersection at Ontario Street , lines of riot and mounted police refused the demonstrators passage, trapping them between two lines of law enforcement.

About an hour after the initial confrontation, police made an announcement that everyone between police lines was under arrest.

Instead, police handcuffed some detainees for arrest while releasing others in groups of about 50 about every 15 minutes.

Wenstrom, who was one of those detained and was later released, said police tactics were heavy-handed.

“We should be allowed to be downtown protesting if we want,” she said. “We pay taxes on these streets; these are our streets.”

—Jon Collins, Alex Ebert, Jake Grovum and Karlee Weinmann contributed to this report.

I also heard it on CNN this morning. Some things you just can't hide.
Also, CNN did a story on it three days ago, with a slightly sympathetic slant to it for the protesters.

What I saw on the news was that out of a large group of protesters, 10,000, or so, a small number were arrested.

The (large) group was characterised as being anarchists. I think that a "large group of anarchists marching together" might be something of an oxymoron.

Then again, it would not be the first time that some, inserted into the march just to start a bunch of crap, did what they were there for.

Remember that the next time some weirdo shoots his boss or walks into a church and wipes out a bunch of parishioners claiming to be doing it for the right-wing cause.

The problem with refusing to accept the accounts of right wing media sources is the mainstream media buries the news which isnt' favorable to their agenda.

:lol: oh I see how that works. They only report when the crazies are right wingers? my lord you people are a bunch of whiners :eusa_boohoo:

I think it would make NATIONAL NEWS if protestors threw rocks and spit on delegates at the RNC.

I googled it cuz, you know having all the facts is always a good idea...

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003844608

The trouble happened not far from the Xcel Energy Center convention site, and many of those involved in the more violent protest were clad in black and identified themselves to reporters as anarchists.

the main antiwar march was peaceful, police said, estimating about 10,000 people participated. Late Monday afternoon, long after the antiwar marchers had dispersed, police requested and got 150 Minnesota National Guard soldiers to help control splinter groups near downtown

The large antiwar march was organized by a group called the Coalition to March on the RNC and Stop the War, whose leaders said they hoped for a peaceful, family-friendly event. But police were on high alert after months of preparations by a self-described anarchist group called the RNC Welcoming Committee, which wasn't among the organizers of the march.

"Unfortunately today, a very small handful of individuals decided to break the law, damage property, and put people's safety at risk," Mayor Chris Coleman said.

About 180 protesters who weren't part of the march caused trouble, St. Paul Police Chief John Harrington said.

I would liken these anarchists to those same type of individuals who protest at abortion clinics. Bombing them, harassing, assaulting and otherwise wreching havoc on behalf of their own agenda. Do you want ALL conservatives lumped into a category with those nutters? if not, then don't say those idiots represent liberals as a whole cuz they don't.

Yet you have no problem claiming every loon that shoots people is a right winger and the republican party is responsible. Go figure.

PLEASE, show me where I said everyone who shoots people is a right winger and the Republicans are responsible? is there ere ANY truth to what you say RGS?

These constant OVER THE TOP generalizations are a sign of your inability to formulate a coherent and rational argument for your beliefs.

PLEASE, show me where I said everyone who shoots people is a right winger and the Republicans are responsible? is there ere ANY truth to what you say RGS?

These constant OVER THE TOP generalizations are a sign of your inability to formulate a coherent and rational argument for your beliefs.

Sure thing, meanwhile you make the very arguments you claim I make, good job, maybe if you repeat it long enough you can get people believing it.

Sure thing, meanwhile you make the very arguments you claim I make, good job, maybe if you repeat it long enough you can get people believing it.

you make inflammatory remarks about me and then you say I'm doing the same thing you are doing? you've got to be kidding!

did you suffer a brain injury in combat because if that's the case I can cut you some slack. :cuckoo:

I don't think so. Anarchists want less government...a lot less in fact. Doesn't that make them more right-wing? :badgrin:

i believe there is both left and right wing anarchists. left wing wants there to be a non-hierachial society with no personal property, while right wing (free market) wants the govt abolished and replaced with free market forces. there is also green anarchy, which basically is another name for radical environmentalism.

this is just what i remember from some lecture a few years ago. could be wrong on some details, but dont care enough to research it :D

I haven't seen any liberals denouncing this type of action only denying, so I assume you approve... Which sadly, is not a surprise.

Forum List

Back