Protest Planned at Taco Bell!!!

One thing that always bugs me when people shrug off the use of fake SS and green card #'s... do they ever think about the hardship on the people who own those numbers in real life? Do they ever think about the poor schlep whose SS# is being used by a dozen people, whose social security account is mucked up for life and who has to answer repeated IRS questions about undeclared income on his tax returns, income he never earned?

ID theft is a crime. This country was built on immigration... legal immigration. Now illegals flood in with fake and stolen documents, using them to gain employment, welfare, and other services without a thought in the world about the people they are victimizing. Sometimes it comes back to bite their children in the ass, as in the case where illegal parents used a stolen SS# for their daughter, who never realized she was not a citizen until she applied for a job and discovered the true owner of the number was a retired dentist in Florida. Now she is being deported to a country she doesn't even remember, her life ruined because her parents sucked their child into a cloud of crime and deceit.

When the tide of illegals reaches the point, as it now has, where 15-20% of the population is here illegally, then Houston we have a problem. Too bad congress is too busy pimping for corporate bribe money and hispanic votes to give a damn.

Originally posted by DiAnna
This country was built on immigration... legal immigration.

YEAH RIGHT...

native_american_jesus1.jpg

Such a difficult choice...follow the law and fire illegals or let them keep working illegally. I dont know...have you seen how crappy the service is in restaurants where they have replaced the illegals? Sheesh...Id rather have Juan with a work ethic. Just sayin...

Shut the borders down tight and then give all the illegals an ultimatum...they have 30 days to get the hell out of Dodge or we make them all citizens and tax them appropriately. Then dont worry about hunting down illegals...just punish the hell (fines and prison) out of anyone that hires anyone off the books.
Why? I never really get this restriction on business.....why can't I hire whom I please? It's not my freaking job to enforce immigration.

:eusa_eh:

Cuz...its against the law? And because people frequently hire illegals to skirt taxes? Because employers frequently treat illegals poorly because hey...who are they gonna run tell?

If it wasn't illegal to hire them then employers couldn't hire them to skirt taxes. :cuckoo:

Thanks for your effort at answering, poor as it was.

The Pilgrams were the first illegals in the USA.

And thank God for that!!! If it had been the present illegals we would be living in a lawless country as so many are doing now. So thank your lucky stars, God, or whomever for the 'first illegals'. Go cry foul to somebody else cause there is no pity from this section.......:eusa_hand::eusa_hand:

Okay, from the article, if discrepanices are found with SSN #'s the employees are entitled to a 30-day notice to either discern if there is an issue with the manner in which the numbers are being verified and/or to prove their eligibility to work. This is the government after all, mistakes happen all the time. I imagine that 30-day notice was put in place to protect folks who are legal. That did not happpen here, employees were immediately fired. Most employers verify eligibility when folks apply for positions, Taco Bell failed to do that. Based on those two things, the employees have a genuine beef.

However, my antennae go up whenever folks jump right to a protest. If they can prove their eligibility then they need do so, immediately and clear this up and get back to work.

if, however, they are not here legally, then they don't have a leg to stand on. They are here illegally and provided false documentation and in doing so, more likely than not, are not paying taxes.

it is not clear to me if the employees themselves are protesting or others in the community are protesting on their behalf and that also makes me suspicious.

Last edited:
Why? I never really get this restriction on business.....why can't I hire whom I please? It's not my freaking job to enforce immigration.

:eusa_eh:

Cuz...its against the law? And because people frequently hire illegals to skirt taxes? Because employers frequently treat illegals poorly because hey...who are they gonna run tell?

If it wasn't illegal to hire them then employers couldn't hire them to skirt taxes. :cuckoo:

Thanks for your effort at answering, poor as it was.

Im sorry...did you actually bother to read your response before you hit send? It IS illegal for them to hire them and they still skirt taxes. If it wasnt...they would still skirt taxes because they dont want to put them on the books. Construction companies dont want to pay the associated state taxes. You mention 'you' should be able to hire whoever you want...do you actually have a business? Do you understand what employers have to pay and why many find it beneficial to pay under the table? For that matter do you understand a capitalist economy...the law of supply and demand...the impact of hiring illegals and the impact of illegals sending income outside of the economy, taking jobs (unskilled or no...20 million jobs to illegal immigrants might make a dent in that unemployment problem, huh?) etc. Your comment isnt 'cuckoo'...its just plain idiotic.

Because the owner did the right thing and FIRED illegal aliens using FAKE social security numbers. Of course the LIBERAL paper makes it like there has been an injustice, but last I checked using a fake social security number was a FELON. Working in this country illegallly is a CRIME!

The owner did the right thing and then getting attacked.

I like the food at Taco Bell, but rarely eat there since I always get sick after. This Taco Bell isn't too far from my office. I already got a few co-workers right to hit the place for lunch all next week when they protest!

Protester planned at Rolling Meadows Taco Bell - DailyHerald.com
Two of those employees had worked at the Taco Bell restaurant at 2997 Kirchoff Road for more than a decade, said Tim Bell, one of the protest’s organizers. The firings came after the store conducted Social Security number background checks, Bell said. When discrepancies were found challenging the workers’ employment eligibility, the employees were instantly fired, Bell said.

I have not eaten at taco bell for the same reason. Not safe at all. Since I saw a worker wipe his nose with his hand and continue to prepare food.

Talk about arrogance. Ain't no statue of limitation of illegal immigration, is there?

I like the food at Taco Bell, but rarely eat there since I always get sick after.

I have not eaten at taco bell for the same reason. Not safe at all. Since I saw a worker wipe his nose with his hand and continue to prepare food.

Talk about arrogance. Ain't no statue of limitation of illegal immigration, is there?

Well, of course, this type of behavior is not exclusive to TB or to illegal immigrants. Indeed, it can and does happen in the 'finest' restaurants. It's the chance you take by eating out anywhere, and you don't even want to know what might happen should you complain about service or the meal.

Forum List

Back