Protest forming against ground zero mosque

Here's an idea. Since it is in New York, why don't we just let those who are most impacted by the Mosque decide. Ask New Yorkers and, if they're ok with it, then everyone else should mind their own business.

Here's an idea. Since it is in New York, why don't we just let those who are most impacted by the Mosque decide. Ask New Yorkers and, if they're ok with it, then everyone else should mind their own business.

Soviet Girl proves her nickname once again.

I don't even think that... anyone is free to set up residence anywhere anyone else can.... I have no problem with the legality of this center going right where it is...

PERSONALLY, I think it is wrong, just as my other scenarios would be wrong.... but that is my personal outlook on it

Soviet Girl proves her nickname once again.

The Soviet's allowed local people to decide for themselves about local issues? Really? Well, go figure.... I always thought the Soviets were the guys who enforced the rule of the few on the masses. I live and learn.... every day I learn more about what a total clueless ass you are.

Why try to speak for them? Some first responders and 9/11 families fully support the new mosque.

Really?

Please do you have anything to back that up?

And even so, as I said in my first post, it is an affront to Americans. I am an American. I can speak as one, right?

It is an affront to me and I can assure you to many Americans.

Would you put a Confederate Flag over the graves of Union Soldiers at say... Gettysburg? Shiloh? Manassas? Fredsricksburg? How about any of the battlefields?

This is in poor taste.

Immie

Http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/05/07/new.york.ground.zero.mosque/index.html

You have the right to your opinion but to try and speak for all 9E families is bullshit.

You are right. My apologies, I should have done a better job in stating that I believe it is an affront to the families.

And thanks for the link. The impression that I had from the OP article was that this was actually on ground zero and to me that thought is literally infuriating.

Your link says it is two blocks away. That is a lot different. It is not like I believe we should not allow muslims to build in NYC at all. There is a difference between building two blocks away and building on ground zero.

Immie

I don't even think that... anyone is free to set up residence anywhere anyone else can.... I have no problem with the legality of this center going right where it is...

PERSONALLY, I think it is wrong, just as my other scenarios would be wrong.... but that is my personal outlook on it

On a personal level, I agree with you. I think it is a ridiculous place for the mosque. However, since I am not personally affected by it, I lean towards letting New Yorkers decide for themselves.... apparently, that is a 'Soviet' viewpoint. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: At least, it is to the totally stupid.

Really?

Please do you have anything to back that up?

And even so, as I said in my first post, it is an affront to Americans. I am an American. I can speak as one, right?

It is an affront to me and I can assure you to many Americans.

Would you put a Confederate Flag over the graves of Union Soldiers at say... Gettysburg? Shiloh? Manassas? Fredsricksburg? How about any of the battlefields?

This is in poor taste.

Immie

Http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/05/07/new.york.ground.zero.mosque/index.html

You have the right to your opinion but to try and speak for all 9E families is bullshit.

You are right. My apologies, I should have done a better job in stating that I believe it is an affront to the families.

And thanks for the link. The impression that I had from the OP article was that this was actually on ground zero and to me that thought is literally infuriating.

Your link says it is two blocks away. That is a lot different. It is not like I believe we should not allow muslims to build in NYC at all. There is a difference between building two blocks away and building on ground zero.

Immie

As a manifestation of Islamic domination and expansionism, mosques have frequently been placed on the sites of the holy places of other religions. The Al-Aqsa Mosque, built on top of the Temple of the Jewish people, which is located in Jerusalem, is the most famous example. Many famous churches have been turned into mosques, including the Aya Sofya Mosque in Istanbul, which until the Islamic conquest of Constantinople of 1453 was the grandest church in Christendom. The Umayyad Mosque in Damascus was, before the Islamic conquest, the Church of St. John the Baptist. Historian Sita Ram Goel has estimated that over two thousand mosques in India were built on the sites of Hindu temples.

Rally speakers and participants will stand with those who lost loved ones on 9/11, and call for an end to plans for this mosque that insults the memory of those who died on that day.
SIOA Rally Calls for Halt to Plans for Ground Zero Mosque - Forbes.com

This kind of puts me in mind of the Mosquo of Mohammed Ali (not the fighter) in Egypt.

Mohammed Ali massacred 299 French men. He tried for 300, but one escaped to tell the story. He was so fearful that the massacre would catch up to him in his next life that to atone he had the huge mosque built on the site of the massacre:

Mohammad Ali (Alabaster Mosque) in Cairo, Egypt

Perhpas this is an effort at atonement.

Last edited:
Do not defend the Muslims for trying to build a mosque near the 9-11 death site.

It is a slap in the face to America and to those that died

the world just laughs at us, especially osama bin laden.

Immie

OK, I also would be in agreement that a Mosque at ground zero is clearly unacceptable.

But 2 blocks away is not the same thing at all. There would be a whole lot of buildings between WTC and the Mosque.

Now, be that as it may, the organization in the link is clearly a Muslim-hating organization. If the protest was not being organized by a bunch of obvious religious bigots, I would feel much better about the whole thing.

Do not defend the Muslims for trying to build a mosque near the 9-11 death site.

It is a slap in the face to America and to those that died

the world just laughs at us, especially osama bin laden.

Not defending anyone. People do things for a variety of reasons. It is not out of the question that some muslims are following the actions of Mohammed Ali and building a mosque on the sight of a massacre.

False claims of bigotry is an insufficient answer to the genocidal doctrine of Islam.

Bigots like you and message boards make about as much sense as opening a Snow Plowing business in Hawaii.

Mauna Kea (pronounced /ˌmɔːnə ˈkeɪ.ə/ or /ˌmaʊnə ˈkeɪ.ə/ in English, [ˈmounə ˈkɛjə] in Hawaiian) is an inactive volcano in the U.S. state of Hawaii, one of five volcanoes which together form the island of Hawaii. Mauna Kea, according to some etymologists is a contraction of Mauna-o-Wakea, meaning in English, "Mountain of the deity Wakea."[citation needed] The modern form, "Mauna Kea," means "white mountain" in the Hawaiian language, a reference to its summit being regularly covered by snow in winter.

Mauna Kea - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

False claims of bigotry is an insufficient answer to the genocidal doctrine of Islam.

Bigots like you and message boards make about as much sense as opening a Snow Plowing business in Hawaii.

Methinks 'bigot' is on curvy's word of the day calendar.. I don't think there is anyone who stated any sort of opposition to this mosque (for any reason) that he has not called a bigot

Immie

OK, I also would be in agreement that a Mosque at ground zero is clearly unacceptable.

But 2 blocks away is not the same thing at all. There would be a whole lot of buildings between WTC and the Mosque.

Now, be that as it may, the organization in the link is clearly a Muslim-hating organization. If the protest was not being organized by a bunch of obvious religious bigots, I would feel much better about the whole thing.

When I read CL's link, my thought was, "Hell, two blocks? I doubt you can even see the Islamic community center/mosque from ground zero.

I've never been to NYC... yet... but hopefully some day soon... but I have this impression of wall to wall buildings.

Building on ground zero would really bother me. Building two blocks away really is a different story and I must say that this organization that is protesting appears to be one that is founded on fear and hatred rather than anything else.

Immie

Methinks 'bigot' is on curvy's word of the day calendar.. I don't think there is anyone who stated any sort of opposition to this mosque (for any reason) that he has not called a bigot

We should probably have a collection to buy Curvy a dictionary.... since he seems to believe that 'soviet' means allowing local issues to be decided by local people. He dumb.

Forum List

Back