Protecting their own

If that's actually true then the rules are so vague as to be unenforceable and aren't worth the paper they are written on.

Some do, but not, as of yet, enough. By the way it was that very we'll do as we damn well please attitude that sparked the Gingrich revolution in '94.

Bingo---they can do anything they want while scratching each other's whatevers.
That's because Americans don't care anymore.

Caring when there is nothing one can do to fix anything brings great frustration. Buy a drink or smoke a joint and a bigscreen TV and practice denial.

Self-fulfilling prophecy. The only reason people can't change it is because they won't do anything en masse to change it because they don't think they can...

Americans have nobody to blame for their problems but themselves.

Caring when there is nothing one can do to fix anything brings great frustration. Buy a drink or smoke a joint and a bigscreen TV and practice denial.

Self-fulfilling prophecy. The only reason people can't change it is because they won't do anything en masse to change it because they don't think they can...

Which is exactly why we elect someone else. We can blame them. and I'm beginning to think that most Americans really can't take care of themselves in the fashion that they would like to be.

Some do, but not, as of yet, enough. By the way it was that very we'll do as we damn well please attitude that sparked the Gingrich revolution in '94.

House Banking Scandal: Newt Bounced 22 Checks

Remember the House Banking scandal, where so many congressmen wrote rubber checks on government money? Newt hopes you don't, because he bounced 22 himself, which almost cost him reelection in 1992. His vote for the secret House pay raise, and the chauffeur who drove him around Washington in a Lincoln Town Car, didn't help.
http://www.realchange.org/gingrich.htm#checks

Gingrich: One more do as I say not as I do politician!

House Banking Scandal: Newt Bounced 22 Checks

Remember the House Banking scandal, where so many congressmen wrote rubber checks on government money? Newt hopes you don't, because he bounced 22 himself, which almost cost him reelection in 1992. His vote for the secret House pay raise, and the chauffeur who drove him around Washington in a Lincoln Town Car, didn't help.
Possible Presidential Candidate Newt Gingrich - The Dark Side

Gingrich: One more do as I say not as I do politician!

Here's a newsflash: Gingrich isn't in office anymore. And thank God for that. That POS couldn't be voted dogcatcher anymore.

Dodd and Kent are still in office. And getting free passes for their sweetheart deals.

22 is nothing and it depends on the amount and the time eriod involved. Newt's a historian not an acountant. I know damn few people in this country that have never bounced a check. Why do you think people just love overdraft protection.

There's too much information nowadays. people are bombarded with information from every corner of the world. It used to be that the federated republic handled this by electing certain individuals who, with the help of their advisers, would dedicate themselves wholly to tending to matters of public interest- finances, logistics, international affairs etc. However, modern media delievers a lot of that information irect to people's homesand even outr elected officaials and their committees can hardly be expeted to trul keep track of all the world. We can't just worry about the UK and our neighbors anymore. The world's gotten a lot smaller and a lot- arguable most- people can't take it. So, they simply shut down, reject any new information, and don't want to deal with it.

Personally. I think the modern age is approaching the point where man's own biological and neural limitations are coming into play, as out brains were never designed to deal with numbers in the trillions or keep track of hundreds of nations' governments, numerous elected officials' infidelities, military deployments halfway around the world, and the kids' soccer and ballet classes, the price of gasoline, getting the car tuned up to ease environmental guilt, froming an opinion on the latest decision by SCOTUS, worrying about Obama putting a racist in SCOUTS, the latest claims of racism in America, the borer fence that never gets built....

Overload...

This need to track numerous things is what made the need for a beurocracy and the federated system apparent. however, if the human brain an't track so much data, I don't think any political system canbe truly resiliant in the modern era save possible for an authoritarian system that removes as much choice as piossible. And that seems to be what's developing both here and in the EU. And the people seem to want that. They want to just let someone else worry about it so they can try to worry about their own lives and ignore the chaos outside their door.

We are at the end game of 50 years of effort from progressive policies in education, ( indoctrination) taxation and left wing media brainwashing .This didnt happen over night Not all Americans are to blame .

"I'm pleased and gratified that the Democrats and Republicans on the Ethics Committee have dismissed this complaint and found that the underlying accusations simply were not credible," Dodd said in a statement. But he added that, "I understand that my reaction to those false allegations only served to foster cynicism. And that was my fault."

Oh, please!

Gag me with a spoon.

What arrogance!

Forum List

Back