Protect the 'bump' stocks, NRA

Old Rocks

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2008
Portland, Ore.
WASHINGTON – The head of the National Rifle Association Sunday wouldn’t commit to a new law banning bump stocks in the wake of the Las Vegas massacre.

“There are monsters like this monster out there every day,” the CEO of the NRA, Wayne LaPierre told CBS’s “Face the Nation.” “There are menaces out there every day. People want to be able to protect themselves.”

LaPierre blamed the “elites” who “protect themselves with armed security” for trying to politicize the deadliest mass shooting in American history. Stephen Paddock sprayed bullets from his Las Vegas hotel room into a country music concert, killing 58 people and wounding 500 others.

LaPierre, who had earned $5.1 million in total compensation in 2015 as the head of the NRA, also travels with armed body guards.

http://nypost.com/2017/10/08/nra-ceo-wont-back-bill-banning-bump-stocks/

$51 million for making sure that the crazies have enough guns and ammo to kill and wound hundreds at a time. Hooray, ain't that thar NRA wonderful.

Cool, i thought they were. I guess they are just open to regulations.
I saw we ban bump stocks and make machine guns easy to get

WASHINGTON – The head of the National Rifle Association Sunday wouldn’t commit to a new law banning bump stocks in the wake of the Las Vegas massacre.

“There are monsters like this monster out there every day,” the CEO of the NRA, Wayne LaPierre told CBS’s “Face the Nation.” “There are menaces out there every day. People want to be able to protect themselves.”

LaPierre blamed the “elites” who “protect themselves with armed security” for trying to politicize the deadliest mass shooting in American history. Stephen Paddock sprayed bullets from his Las Vegas hotel room into a country music concert, killing 58 people and wounding 500 others.

LaPierre, who had earned $5.1 million in total compensation in 2015 as the head of the NRA, also travels with armed body guards.

$51 million for making sure that the crazies have enough guns and ammo to kill and wound hundreds at a time. Hooray, ain't that thar NRA wonderful.
um...

5 POINT 1 million. any particular reason you left the decimal out?

The head of the National Rifle Association Sunday wouldn’t commit to a new law banning bump stocks in the wake of the Las Vegas massacre.

No surprise there. All the NRA wanted to do was shift the conversation from what matters:
  • What actually causes people to commit gun violence.
  • That a gun was used to, in mere minutes, kill nearly sixty people and injure hundreds.
  • The culpability that should be borne throughout the chain of events that lead to outcomes like that seen in Vegas.
The fact is that bump stocks are and have long been an obscure accessory that was, AFAIK, made by just one small company. As such, they don't and haven't comprised a material share of the gun industry's revenue streams. Would the NRA allow Slide Fire to be a sacrificial lamb in order to protect consumer-based revenues for Smith and Wesson, Colt, et al in the "big boys'" league of the gun industry? You bet it would!

The head of the National Rifle Association Sunday wouldn’t commit to a new law banning bump stocks in the wake of the Las Vegas massacre.

No surprise there. All the NRA wanted to do was shift the conversation from what matters:
  • What actually causes people to commit gun violence.
  • That a gun was used to, in mere minutes, kill nearly sixty people and injure hundreds.
  • The culpability that should be borne throughout the chain of events that lead to outcomes like that seen in Vegas.
The fact is that bump stocks are and have long been an obscure accessory that was, AFAIK, made by just one small company. As such, they don't and haven't comprised a material share of the gun industry's revenue streams. Would the NRA allow Slide Fire to be a sacrificial lamb in order to protect consumer-based revenues for Smith and Wesson, Colt, et al in the "big boys'" league of the gun industry? You bet it would!
:lmao:
Its is funny “bump stocks” never sold very well for me at all till Vegas, now i am sold out. It’s really easy to waste a lot of ammunition Fast with them, with no accuracy. That’s the reason why they did not sell very well, then? What is the reason they are selling so well now? Could it be a control freak progressives are lighting their hair on fire over “bump stocks” and the banning of them. So new designs will be made?

Progressives are incredibly predictable… And shallow

Well now, are not you so proud. Did you sell any to Paddock? And if one of those you sold them to shoots a hundred or so people, you are just going to count your profits, and laugh. You fuckers are sickening. I hope you end up bankrupt and homeless.

The Second Amendment is the last thing stopping Progressives from filling the mass graves

Wayne LaPierre should STFU. He is an anti-American who trades dead children to prop up his corporate financiers. He operates against law enforcement by making it easy for criminals to but semiautomatic weapons with cop killer bullets.

The NRA is a terrorist organization & every one of its members should be arrested & tried & hung for treason.

Fuck thew NRA. Fuck Wayne LaPierre.

Well now, are not you so proud. Did you sell any to Paddock? And if one of those you sold them to shoots a hundred or so people, you are just going to count your profits, and laugh. You fuckers are sickening. I hope you end up bankrupt and homeless.
I gave Paddock one for Christmas last year as we sat around and talked about hookers and blow. Funny thing though, all he talked about was how much he hated conservatives.

Wayne LaPierre should STFU. He is an anti-American who trades dead children to prop up his corporate financiers. He operates against law enforcement by making it easy for criminals to but semiautomatic weapons with cop killer bullets.

The NRA is a terrorist organization & every one of its members should be arrested & tried & hung for treason.

Hey Dave I'm still waiting for your expert analysis and explanation on how an AR 15 is functionally different enough from a Ruger Mini 14 that it should be banned.

Hey Dave I'm still waiting for your expert analysis and explanation on how an AR 15 is functionally different enough from a Ruger Mini 14 that it should be banned.
Easy answer. Both are fast firing weapons designed to kill large numbers of humans quickly. So both should require the same license as is required for an automatic .45 Thompson. And if you are caught with this type of weapon off of your property, five years in the Federal Pen, all your guns confiscated and destroyed, and you are never allowed to own or have a gun on your person again.

Easy answer. Both are fast firing weapons designed to kill large numbers of humans quickly. So both should require the same license as is required for an automatic .45 Thompson. And if you are caught with this type of weapon off of your property, five years in the Federal Pen, all your guns confiscated and destroyed, and you are never allowed to own or have a gun on your person again.

No both are weapons designed to propel one projectile per trigger pull.

Whether they kill or not is solely determined by the intent of the wielder of the firearm.

And those with that intent prefer these types of firearms. Especially since they can be altered easily to fire full auto. We just saw that demonstrated in Vegas.

And those with that intent prefer these types of firearms. Especially since they can be altered easily to fire full auto. We just saw that demonstrated in Vegas.
Wrong again since less than 2% of all murders are committed with rifles it seems the vast majority of people who own semiautomatic rifles have absolutely no intent to kill anyone.

This is where I part company with the NRA. I agree that gun control would not have prevented what happened however I disagree with them bump stocks. There is no valid reason for owning such a device. I support a narrow ban on anything that makes semi-automatic weapons fire like automatic weapons.

This is where I part company with the NRA. I agree that gun control would not have prevented what happened however I disagree with them bump stocks. There is no valid reason for owning such a device. I support a narrow ban on anything that makes semi-automatic weapons fire like automatic weapons.
So then you want to ban fingers and thumbs because you can bump fire any semiautomatic rifle with just your 2 hands?

58 dead, nearly 500 wounded, Vegas. 49 dead, 58 wounded, Orlando. 26 dead, including 20 young children, Sandy Hook. And weekly we hear of lesser slaughter with these types of weapons.

58 dead, nearly 500 wounded, Vegas. 49 dead, 58 wounded, Orlando. 26 dead, including 20 young children, Sandy Hook. And weekly we hear of lesser slaughter with these types of weapons.

And still only 1% of all murders.

6 times as many people are murdered annually with knives than with rifles
more than twice as many are murdered with bare hands annually than with rifles

It's easy to be a knee jerk emotional moron though

So then you want to ban fingers and thumbs because you can bump fire any semiautomatic rifle with just your 2 hands?
Really? How about a video demonstrating that? Here is one demonstrating the 'bump' stock;

Forum List

Back