Protect & Serve

indago

VIP Member
Oct 27, 2007
Officer charged with excessive force.

article/video

"That's not what we're about!"

Well, it's obvious that it IS what you are about.

Journalist Al Baker wrote for The New York Times 4 July 2016:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
An off-duty New York City police officer who had just finished his shift shot and killed a man during a traffic dispute early on Monday...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

article

Even when they're off duty they just can't help themselves: they have to shoot somebody...

Journalist Al Baker wrote for The New York Times 4 July 2016:
An off-duty New York City police officer who had just finished his shift shot and killed a man during a traffic dispute early on Monday...

article

Even when they're off duty they just can't help themselves: they have to shoot somebody...

"Authorities say the off-duty officer was driving his personal vehicle early Monday when he was involved in a traffic dispute with Small. When both cars stopped at a red light, police say Small got out of his vehicle and punched the officer repeatedly through an open window. The officer pulled out his service weapon and killed Small."

article

"Oh, my God, please don’t tell me he’s dead. Please don’t tell me my boyfriend went like that.”

article/video

Last edited:
"Oh, my God, please don’t tell me he’s dead. Please don’t tell me my boyfriend went like that.”

article/video
Journalist Carla Johnson wrote for The Associated Press 8 July 2016:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Philando Castile put on a suit and tie to interview for a supervisory position in the school district where he had worked since he was a teenager. He told the interviewer his goal was to one day "sit on the other side of this table."

His upbeat disposition won him the job.

"He stood out because he was happy, friendly and related to people well," said Katherine Holmquist-Burks, principal at J.J. Hill Montessori in St. Paul, Minnesota, who hired him to oversee the school cafeteria.

Now, colleagues and family members are trying to understand why a police officer in a St. Paul suburb fatally shot Castile, 32, after stopping his car Wednesday night.

He helped "create a warm, welcoming friendly environment in our cafeteria"

Of the gun, she said, "I discussed it with my son and he began to tell me about them going to the gun range. All of them got licenses to carry," Harris said of Castile and other family members. "All of them do. They got it to protect themselves."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

article

But it didn't protect him from the PoPo...

From The Associated Press 9 July 2016:
------------------------------------------------------------
When Dallas police used a bomb-carrying robot to kill a sniper, they also kicked off an ethical debate about technology's use as a crime-fighting weapon. In what appears to be an unprecedented tactic, police rigged a bomb-disposal robot to kill an armed suspect in the fatal shootings of five officers in Dallas. While there doesn't appear to be any hard data on the subject, security experts and law enforcement officials said they couldn't recall another time when U.S. police have deployed a robot with lethal intent.
------------------------------------------------------------

article

But a robot was used in 1992 in the stand-off with Randy Weaver and the FBI. The robot was armed with a shotgun and aimed at the front door of the Weaver cabin. If it hadn't been for Bo Gritz, Randy Weaver's former Commander in Viet Nam, Randy Weaver may have been killed in the melee. Bo Gritz asked if he could go up to the cabin and talk with Randy Weaver and see if he couldn't talk him into surrendering. He was granted permission. He told Randy that if this stand-off continued, he would be killed, and his story would never be told. The rest is history. Randy Weaver, with his lawyer, Gerry Spence, showed how the FBI had lied. What was left of the Weaver family was awarded $3.1 million, to be paid by the government.

Attorney General Loretta Lynch Calls for Calm After Shootings

How can there be "Calm" when we have corrupt judiciary, corrupt prosecutors, corrupt law enforcement, etc.?

This country needs to take a step back and take a long, hard look at itself, and establish a Department of Corrections. Then, go about correcting the wrongs perpetrated upon the citizenry.

We were warned many years ago:

"I have always thought, from my earliest youth till now, that the greatest scourge an angry Heaven ever inflicted upon an ungrateful and a sinning people, was an ignorant, a corrupt, or a dependent Judiciary." — Chief Justice John Marshall

And further back:

"Beware of the doctors of the law who love to walk up and down in long robes, and have a great liking for respectful greeting in the street, the chief seats in our synagogues, and places of honour at feasts. These are the men who eat up the property of widows, while they say long prayers for appearances sake; and they will receive the severest sentence." — Luke 20 v 45 - The Bible

article/video
From The Associated Press 9 July 2016:
--------------------------------------------------------------
A suburban St. Paul police officer who killed a black driver reacted to the man's gun...

article

Chances are: the police officer, Jeronimo Yanez, never saw a gun before he shot the driver, Philando Castile. But it is obvious, from the video, that he was panic-stricken.

From The New York Times 12 July 2016:
-------------------------------------------------------------
Looking for Accountability in Police-Involved Deaths of Blacks — ...images of questionable police behavior were captured on video, which helped to stoke anger across the country. Officers in all the cases were placed on administrative leave or reassigned soon after the episodes. That is a routine step before an internal investigation and is not a form of discipline, said Christopher Dunn, the associate legal director at the New York Civil Liberties Union.

...It is unusual for police officers who have killed civilians to be convicted. Courts have given leeway to the police on using deadly physical force if officers reasonably feel their lives are in danger, and juries are often reluctant to convict police officers...

article

From The Associated Press 14 July 2016:
The final moments before Philando Castile was killed by a police officer during a traffic stop in suburban St. Paul revolved around a gun he was licensed to carry, trained to use safely and instructed to tell authorities about when stopped. ...Yanez's attorney has said the officer reacted after seeing a gun...

...Allysza Castile said she usually leaves her gun at home. But if she does have it with her while driving, she said she puts it in her glove compartment in a holster with the safety on.

"Most of the time, he did the same," the 23-year-old woman said of her brother. "There's never a time I saw him driving in the car with his weapon on his person."

article

"SHOW ME YOUR LICENSE"

"SHOW ME YOUR HANDS"

What's a poor driver to do anymore when there is a panic-stricken police officer shrieking at you with a loaded gun in his hands and his finger on the trigger? Just one twitch and eternity is in sight.

From The Associated Press 15 July 2016:
Pennsylvania State Police have paid $195,000 to settle a lawsuit filed by a New York man who spent 29 days behind bars after troopers mistook homemade soap for cocaine.

article

From The Associated Press 14 July 2016:
The final moments before Philando Castile was killed by a police officer during a traffic stop in suburban St. Paul revolved around a gun he was licensed to carry, trained to use safely and instructed to tell authorities about when stopped. ...Yanez's attorney has said the officer reacted after seeing a gun...

...Allysza Castile said she usually leaves her gun at home. But if she does have it with her while driving, she said she puts it in her glove compartment in a holster with the safety on.

"Most of the time, he did the same," the 23-year-old woman said of her brother. "There's never a time I saw him driving in the car with his weapon on his person."

article

"SHOW ME YOUR LICENSE"

"SHOW ME YOUR HANDS"

What's a poor driver to do anymore when there is a panic-stricken police officer shrieking at you with a loaded gun in his hands and his finger on the trigger? Just one twitch and eternity is in sight.

Ah. So you are one of those ignoramus fuktards who immediately believed the attention whore gf, who was more concerned about Facebook than her daughter in the back seat. Figures.

Last edited:
Journalist Reese Dunklin wrote for The Associated Press 20 July 2016:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The blood stains have been removed. So has most of the debris. But some remnants of the blast that ended Micah Johnson's deadly police ambush in Dallas remain at El Centro College: a wall and door frame blown back several feet, and wires and metal dangling from a ceiling with no tiles.

Officials at the downtown community college on Tuesday showed reporters the damage left after Dallas police deployed a remote-controlled robot with about 1 pound of the explosive C4, set it off and killed Johnson early on July 8.

article

They should have sent in Charlene...

Journalist Reese Dunklin wrote for The Associated Press 20 July 2016:
The blood stains have been removed. So has most of the debris. But some remnants of the blast that ended Micah Johnson's deadly police ambush in Dallas remain at El Centro College: a wall and door frame blown back several feet, and wires and metal dangling from a ceiling with no tiles.

Officials at the downtown community college on Tuesday showed reporters the damage left after Dallas police deployed a remote-controlled robot with about 1 pound of the explosive C4, set it off and killed Johnson early on July 8.

article

They should have sent in Charlene...

BOOM! By douchebag.

Journalists Sharon LaFraniere and Mitch Smith wrote for The New York Times 16 July 2016:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Turning into a parking lot without signaling. Failing to repair a broken seatbelt. Driving at night with an unlit license plate. Driving with tinted windows.

In a 13-year span, Philando Castile was pulled over by the police in the Minneapolis-St. Paul region at least 49 times, an average of about once every three months, often for minor infractions.

His mother, Valerie, who was often called on to help when her son’s car was impounded, believes that the police were stopping Mr. Castile not because of his driving but because of his race. “Driving while black,” she said.

...“This is years and years of racial profiling,” said Rashad Turner, an organizer with the St. Paul chapter of Black Lives Matter. “Now it’s come to the death of a pillar in our community, a black man who was taking care of business.”
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

article

The Black Lives Matter groups across the country should coalesce, and challenge EVERY traffic stop in court, regardless the circumstances, hiring a black attorney locally. EVERY ticket should be taken to the local BLM group, and they take it from there.

Journalist Nomaan Merchant wrote for The Associated Press 29 July 2016:
A police officer in the small Texas town where Sandra Bland was pulled over and jailed says the county's top prosecutors threatened to end his career if he came forward with what he says is evidence of wrongdoing... Among the things Prairie View officer Michael Kelley said this week that he wanted to tell a grand jury: Bland appeared to have marks on her forehead after a confrontation with state trooper Brian Encinia, who pulled her over last July for allegedly failing to signal while changing a lane... ...the police report Encinia ultimately submitted left out key details.

Kelley said he was never contacted by special prosecutors handling the case, and the Waller County district attorney's top assistant said there'd be repercussions if he spoke to a Bland family attorney.

..."Get out of the car!" Encinia is heard saying. "I will light you up! Get out!"

article

Forum List

Back