Prosperity or Riots?

What will happen, prosperity or riots?

• The wealthy will manage to lower the unemployment rate and it will lead to prosperity

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Nothing will change, the rich will get richer, and the poor will riot

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • There is another alternative, see my post

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
Yes and no.

Yes it's a part of the problem..no it isn't the beginning and end of it.

Who said it was the beginning and the end of it.
I said wealthy people moving jobs overseas is a reaction to consumer demand for lower prices. Some are doing it for shear survival in a hyper-competitive market - others are doing it to maintain high profits. Regardless, businesses react to consumers - not the other way around.
if suddenly - instead of camping out in a downtown park - there was a major movement where people started buying American made products - I absolutely GUARANTEE that businesses would react.

Consumers effect the economy more than anyone else - we are the proverbial tail that wags the dog.
You want to effect change - start with what YOU can change rather than expecting things to change because you say it should.
Actions speak louder than words and all.

That's not completely correct. And they aren't doing it for "survival". They are doing it for greed.

Most big corporations are making historic profits. What is happening now is a numbers game. It isn't about sustainability..it's about chasing dollars.

That has to change.

It is not completely correct, few things are, but it is by and large correct.
Not even you can argue that consumers overwhelmingly choosing the lowest cost item creates an imposed environment that forces competitors to sell their wares at a lower price or go out of business.
And labor is a BIG part of costs for manufacturers. One that cannot be ignored.

Forum List

Back