Prospect of President Warren Spooks Energy Investors as it does all Wall Street

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
Yes indeed...watch your stock market CRASH BIGLY if the Fauxshontas ever won the presidency. And with that our entire economy as she brings her 70% TAX BURDEN to reality!

------------

Of all the market-moving tweets these days, one in particular from Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Elizabeth Warren is sending shivers through the oil industry.

“On my first day as president, I will sign an executive order that puts a total moratorium on all new fossil fuel leases for drilling offshore and on public lands,” she tweeted on Sept. 6. “And I will ban fracking—everywhere.”

Outlawing a technique that energy producers use to blast oil and gas from shale formations would require legislation and spur a torrent of opposition from companies, investors and probably even state governments.

Substantial as those hurdles may be, they haven’t stopped analysts from running the numbers for investors and energy executives to see what might happen, if hydraulic fracturing were banned.

They are particularly focused on Ms. Warren’s threat to choke off drilling on federal lands.

“‘If Sen. Warren were to win…’ was getting a lot of airtime in our meetings,” said Jake Roberts, an exploration-and-production analyst at Houston’s Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co. “We were surprised to see people taking it so seriously.”

In response, the energy-focused investment bank has sent clients more than 80 pages of research detailing exploration companies’ exposure to federal lands and pondering energy markets minus U.S. shale output, which has glutted global markets and depressed prices.

Tudor Pickering estimates that if fracking were banned, natural-gas prices in the U.S. would jump to somewhere between $9 and $15, up from $2.238 per million British thermal units on Monday. The firm figures that oil, which ended Monday at $53.31 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange, would rise to the $80-to-$85 range and could risk shooting to $150 a barrel during market shocks.

Entire oil-field service companies would become obsolete. Pipeline owners would suffer without replenishment, as existing wells peter out.

(Excerpt) Read more at wsj.com ...

She won't win..... The Democrat party is a joke anymore, and a very bad one at that. Be confident, because they got NOTHING. America is awake now.

If I was on Wall Street, I would be afraid of her too. She will tear those fat cats a new one and change the economy to where it works for the people instead of corporations. They should be very afraid of her.

If I was on Wall Street, I would be afraid of her too. She will tear those fat cats a new one and change the economy to where it works for the people instead of corporations. They should be very afraid of her.
What about middle-class people with 401k’s? Are they “fat cats?”

Yes indeed...watch your stock market CRASH BIGLY if the Fauxshontas ever won the presidency. And with that our entire economy as she brings her 70% TAX BURDEN to reality!

------------

Of all the market-moving tweets these days, one in particular from Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Elizabeth Warren is sending shivers through the oil industry.

“On my first day as president, I will sign an executive order that puts a total moratorium on all new fossil fuel leases for drilling offshore and on public lands,” she tweeted on Sept. 6. “And I will ban fracking—everywhere.”

Outlawing a technique that energy producers use to blast oil and gas from shale formations would require legislation and spur a torrent of opposition from companies, investors and probably even state governments.

Substantial as those hurdles may be, they haven’t stopped analysts from running the numbers for investors and energy executives to see what might happen, if hydraulic fracturing were banned.

They are particularly focused on Ms. Warren’s threat to choke off drilling on federal lands.

“‘If Sen. Warren were to win…’ was getting a lot of airtime in our meetings,” said Jake Roberts, an exploration-and-production analyst at Houston’s Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co. “We were surprised to see people taking it so seriously.”

In response, the energy-focused investment bank has sent clients more than 80 pages of research detailing exploration companies’ exposure to federal lands and pondering energy markets minus U.S. shale output, which has glutted global markets and depressed prices.

Tudor Pickering estimates that if fracking were banned, natural-gas prices in the U.S. would jump to somewhere between $9 and $15, up from $2.238 per million British thermal units on Monday. The firm figures that oil, which ended Monday at $53.31 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange, would rise to the $80-to-$85 range and could risk shooting to $150 a barrel during market shocks.

Entire oil-field service companies would become obsolete. Pipeline owners would suffer without replenishment, as existing wells peter out.

Communist Party USA agrees with her...or perhaps it is she with them.
What are the CPUSA views on the environment?

A small temporary cut compared to the permanent mega bucks thrown at the rich? Not much of a comparison, is it?

------------

Wow, what a comparison. How about this one, it makes as much sense. LOTS OF CHILD MOLESTERS LIKE McDONALDS. TRUMP LIKES McDONALDS. TRUMP IS A CHILD MOLESTER. of course you can throw in all the sex stuff between him and Ivanka too, but even without that it looks pretty bad.

The rich have every right to fear Warren, but it's not because you accuse her of being a communist party member.

A small temporary cut compared to the permanent mega bucks thrown at the rich? Not much of a comparison, is it?
You do realize the RICH can simply pack up and leave letting her STICK MIDDLE CLASS AMERICANS with her ridiculous tax hikes...No, you don't know history. Nor do you care about Americas economy....You people are SICK, and trying desperately to spread your disease!!!!

You do realize the RICH can simply pack up and leave letting her STICK MIDDLE CLASS AMERICANS with her ridiculous tax hikes...No, you don't know history. Nor do you care about Americas economy....You people are SICK, and trying desperately to spread your disease!!!!

So? If some leave, others will take their place. Giving more and more free shit to the rich just because the are rich is pretty dumb, and not what out country stands for.

------------

Wow, what a comparison. How about this one, it makes as much sense. LOTS OF CHILD MOLESTERS LIKE McDONALDS. TRUMP LIKES McDONALDS. TRUMP IS A CHILD MOLESTER. of course you can throw in all the sex stuff between him and Ivanka too, but even without that it looks pretty bad.

The rich have every right to fear Warren, but it's not because you accuse her of being a communist party member.
Really intelligent response to a political issue. I just posted Warren stands with communist against Wall Street. You respond by making some quack comment about McDonalds, child molesters, and the President of the United States of America.

------------

Really intelligent response to a political issue. I just posted Warren stands with communist against Wall Street. You respond by making some quack comment about McDonalds, child molesters, and the President of the United States of America.

And my post was just as logical and pertinent to the discussion as yours.

So? If some leave, others will take their place. Giving more and more free shit to the rich just because the are rich is pretty dumb, and not what out country stands for.
The RICH, ASSHOLE, are who give MIDDLE CLASS their jobs.....How many poor people you know who can do that....Yes . you are one JEALOUS AND SICK Sin of a Bitch!

------------

That is why people are rich. They made it, NOT given to them!....Good Lord, these low 2 digit IQ RADUCAKS really do need to be dispatched

------------

Sure. So Warren stands with the Communist Party USA. Glad we established that as an indefensible truth.

Forum List

Back