Prosecutor Talks About Indictments on Dick Cheney and Alberto Gonzales

Dick Cheney, Alberto Gonzales indicted: Report - Sify.com

The Brownsville Herald reported that the grand jury in Willacy County, hearing evidence presented by District Attorney Juan Angel Guerra, returned several counts against Cheney and Gonzales as well as Texas officials including a state senator and state district judges.

The indictment cites Cheney's investment in the Vanguard Group, a major brokerage and mutual fund firm with financial interests in private prison companies that run federal detention centers, the newspaper reported.

It charged that Cheney had a conflict of interest and was responsible for "at least misdemeanor assaults" on detainees.

These guys are foolish. Doing it while Bush is still in office simply ensures that he will pardon them for anything they may have done that is found to violate the law.

You mean like your willingness to pull anything out your ass to accuse him? Maybe she isn't a dumb red brick like you?

So Dick Cheney gets indicted and I'm pulling stuff out of my ass? Wow, I mean there is dumb and then there is dumb. Fact of the matter is Gunny, as far as a "moderator" goes, you're completely full of shit

Since when was evidence or facts required for Democrats to charge Republicans?

:lol:

I love all this wailing and crying about poor Dick....

I'd have loved to see your outrage at the 80 million dollars spent during the Clinton years investigating every business deal and every alleged affair he had.

Dick broke laws. Dick should be held accountable. If Dick were a democrat ya'll would be outside the White House with torches and pitchforks.

the hypocrisy just never gets old does it :cuckoo:

They will be pardoned, but wait until after Jan. 20th to indict them along with Karl Rove.

I think they have a much better chance of getting Karl Rove for what he did to the governor of Alabama.

isnt he your president too? how can you have that reaction....do you really place your party loyalities above your loyalities to this country?

I don't recall you reminding liberals that Bush is their president too and calling on them to tell us if party loyalty trumped Loyalty to Country. Perhaps you could link us to some of those?

I SUSPECT there are so many cutouts between Cheyney and this so called crime, that these charges are essantially meaningless.

Cheney, Gonzales Indictments Dismissed

Indictments Against Cheney, Gonzales Dismissed
Judge in south Texas dismisses indictments against Cheney, Gonzales, other officials

By CHRISTOPHER SHERMAN
The Associated Press

RAYMONDVILLE, Texas

A judge dismissed indictments against Vice President Dick Cheney and former Attorney General Alberto Gonzales on Monday and told the south Texas prosecutor who brought the case to exercise caution as his term in office ends.

Willacy County District Attorney Juan Angel Guerra had accused Cheney and the other defendants of responsibility for prisoner abuse. The judge's order ended two weeks of sometimes-bizarre court proceedings.

Guerra is leaving office at the end of the month after soundly losing in his March primary election.

"I suggest on behalf of the law that you not present any cases to the grand jury involving these defendants," Administrative Judge Manuel Banales said in court while ruling that eight indictments against Cheney, Gonzales and others were invalid.

He also set a Dec. 10 hearing on whether to disqualify Guerra from those cases.

Even in thorough defeat, Guerra saw the outcome as confirmation of the very conspiracy he had pursued. "I expected it," he said. "The system is going to protect itself."....

just as i figured

the judge bitch slapped that moron DA

What makes him a moron? Because you don't like the politics of it?

You think the judge was any less political?

You can indict a ham sandwich...that's what trials are for. And a judge admonishing a prosecutor about the indictments he brings? First time I've ever heard of that....

But no... no politics there.

It's all good.

What makes him a moron? Because you don't like the politics of it?

You think the judge was any less political?

You can indict a ham sandwich...that's what trials are for. And a judge admonishing a prosecutor about the indictments he brings? First time I've ever heard of that....

But no... no politics there.

It's all good.
no, its not the first time
judges admonist lawyers all the time
and in this case, it is CLEAR that the DA overstepped his bounds

now, do ypu have any proof this judge was incorrect

Forum List

Back