Proposed Delaware regulation would let students self-identify

Montrovant

Fuzzy bears!
May 4, 2009
A Picturesque Apocalypse
Another thread was created about this, but was closed because no link was provided. I was actually looking up information on it to determine if it was true, and found out that it is, at least in part. However, the thread was closed before I replied. I decided to post it here, in case those who saw it were curious as to the veracity of the claims made.

Here is an article about the proposed regulation:

Regulation would let students

This is the actual list of proposed regulations. The one in question is 225 Prohibition of Discrimination.

http://regulations.delaware.gov/documents/November2017c.pdf

In section 7.3 and 7.4, it does seem to indicate that a student can have their preferred name used in the school, or self-identify their gender or race, without the permission or knowledge of parents. This seems to be in case the parents are unaware or unaccepting of the student's preference, and the school is concerned such knowledge would be unsafe for the student. It is still a bit too vague for my liking; keeping things hidden from a child's parents is a pretty big deal.

On the other hand, the use of a student-chosen name or self-identified gender or race is not mandatory. Nor are schools prohibited from contacting parents about the issue. Also, the legal name of the student must still be used for all educational records.

Sections 8.0 and 12.0 discuss locker room and bathroom access.

I did not see anything about hormone treatment, which I believe was another claim about this proposed regulation. I did not thoroughly read the entire document, however.

Children will be allowed to change their race? That's a good one.

I don't know if student race is listed in their education record, and if so, if the proposed regulation would allow the self-identified race to be used. :dunno:

I got the impression the self-identifying stuff was more about how the students would be addressed by staff while in school, but only saw specifics about legal names being maintained in the records.

Shrug.

My name would be "Your Eminence".

Male, white, hetero.

I would choose to use the girl's locker room, unless of course all the other guys did, which would defeat the purpose. See above.

Last edited:
Thanks, yes I first listened to it on local radio. I didn't read that they could give hormone pills after I looked it up. Sorry, that radio personality is usually spot on.

I would self-identify as a multi-billionaire who has a beautiful model for a wife, and who is the leader of the greatest country in the world. I would also change my name to Donald J. Trump and would have no further need to go to school. :biggrin:

In section 7.3 and 7.4, it does seem to indicate that a student can have their preferred name used in the school, or self-identify their gender or race, without the permission or knowledge of parents.

"At home i'm just Larry, a white kid from New Castle, but at school, I am Electra, Nubian Queen!"

Frankfurt School...your ripples are now tsunamis.

Shrug.

My name would be "Your Eminence".

Male, white, hetero.
W
I would choose to use the girl's locker room, unless of course all the other guys did, which would defeat the purpose. See above.
Why not just go with Boss Hogg and dare them to discriminate.

Another thread was created about this, but was closed because no link was provided. I was actually looking up information on it to determine if it was true, and found out that it is, at least in part. However, the thread was closed before I replied. I decided to post it here, in case those who saw it were curious as to the veracity of the claims made.

This is the actual list of proposed regulations. The one in question is 225 Prohibition of Discrimination.

In section 7.3 and 7.4, it does seem to indicate that a student can have their preferred name used in the school, or self-identify their gender or race, without the permission or knowledge of parents. This seems to be in case the parents are unaware or unaccepting of the student's preference, and the school is concerned such knowledge would be unsafe for the student. It is still a bit too vague for my liking; keeping things hidden from a child's parents is a pretty big deal.

On the other hand, the use of a student-chosen name or self-identified gender or race is not mandatory. Nor are schools prohibited from contacting parents about the issue. Also, the legal name of the student must still be used for all educational records.

I did not see anything about hormone treatment, which I believe was another claim about this proposed regulation. I did not thoroughly read the entire document, however.
This seems like an attempt to carve parents out of the LGBT cult's "transgender child (abuse)" fad. Get those pesky guardians cut out of the loop so adult child predators can coerce kids to sexually carve their bodies up to be more appealing to their perverse jollies.

This seems like an attempt to carve parents out of the LGBT cult's "transgender child (abuse)" fad. Get those pesky guardians cut out of the loop so adult child predators can coerce kids to sexually carve their bodies up to be more appealing to their perverse jollies.

I'm shocked that you would get that from the proposed regulation!

/sarcasm off

^^ :lmao: Yeah. Such a stretch to imagine the agenda behind getting guardians out of the way of guarding children from other adults' agendas. Especially sexual ones. Interesting coincidence. Doing that is exactly what child molestors do before assaulting their child targets.

Forum List

Back