Proposed Birthright Citizenship Act of 2009

Actually, I disagree...the 14th amendment is already clear and doesn't grant them citizenship. I don't understand those who claim it did. Again, how can an amendment which specifically denies citizenship to children born to LEGAL diplomats ever be interpreted as providing citizenship to children born to ILLEGAL ALIENS????

There's a patently obvious response to that; the presence of legal diplomats is one of explicit representation of a foreign national power, whereas the presence of immigrants both legal and illegal is not intended to function as a formal representation of a foreign nation-state and they may maintain permanent residence.

]
Actually, I disagree...the 14th amendment is already clear and doesn't grant them citizenship.
Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.

What was well-intended in regards to the Blacks ws turned around by anti-american liberal lawyers and used to support the anchor baby invasion and undermine American sovereignty and the meaningfulness of our borders. If we allow it to continue, our nation will not survive as a sovereign and strong State

I don't understand those who claim it did. Again, how can an amendment which specifically denies citizenship to children born to LEGAL diplomats ever be interpreted as providing citizenship to children born to ILLEGAL ALIENS????[/QUOTE]

The problem is that it has been too many years of allowing people to be citizens when born here of ILLEGAL parents. It is unrealistic to think that anybody in WA, both parties, would deport ALL of those born due to the misinterpretation of the 14th Amendment. But this madness has to stop some where and lines need to be drawn - realistically.

Forum List

Back