Proposed 28th Amendment to the United States Constitution

yes, no doubt he is taking the orange and leaving off the green
;)

I didn't pay any attention to what colors he used in quoting the Constitution because he didn't ask about that He asked Is this the basis of your argument? the 14th was created for blacks who were slaves to make sure their rights as citizens were protected.

The 14th Amend is not the basis of my argument. The Constitution. The part that was colored by does, however, prove that I'm right

Right there it says the constitution protects the rights of non-citizens.
HE didnt use the colors
I did

My bad.

My argument is not based on any one amendment. It's based on the Constitution, which protects the rights of non-citizens in many places.

Since you just posted it, you could start with Art I Sec 1

The Constitution and the bill of rights are two seperate items The bill of rights protects the right of American citizens. The Constitution tell's the government what it can and cannot not do.

Umm, the BoR is a part of the Constitution; it is not a seperate item, the BoR protects the rights of non-citizens and the constitution does more than tell the govt what it can and can't do.
One more time The bill of rights protects rights.
The Constitution tells the government what it can and cannot do.

My argument is not based on any one amendment. It's based on the Constitution, which protects the rights of non-citizens in many places.

Since you just posted it, you could start with Art I Sec 1

The Constitution and the bill of rights are two seperate items The bill of rights protects the right of American citizens. The Constitution tell's the government what it can and cannot not do.

Umm, the BoR is a part of the Constitution; it is not a seperate item, the BoR protects the rights of non-citizens and the constitution does more than tell the govt what it can and can't do.
yes the BoR is a part of the constitution, the first 10 amendments in fact

they are BOTH part of the constitution

umm, the bor is a part of the constitution; it is not a seperate item, the bor protects the rights of non-citizens and the constitution does more than tell the govt what it can and can't do.
one more time the bill of rights protects rights.
The constitution tells the government what it can and cannot do.
they are both part of the constitution
they are together but both have a differant purpose. Which seperates the two.

One more time. The BoR protects the rights of non-citizens
The Bor is not seperate from the constitution
The constitution does more than just tell the govt what it can and cannot do

yes the BoR is a part of the constitution, the first 10 amendments in fact

Tell that to bigrebnc. He seems to think they are "two seperate items"

I have no idea why :cuckoo:

Which amendment?

Well show me what other things are hidden in the constitution? What other purpose does it have other than telling what the governmewnt can and cannot do?

Which amendment?

Well show me what other things are hidden in the constitution? What other purpose does it have other than telling what the governmewnt can and cannot do?

The amendment has been posted, by more than one poster.

ANd if you can read, there is nothing hidden in the constitution. In addition to saying what the govt can and can't do, it also includes rules about how to change the constitution.

Which amendment?

ANd if you can read, there is nothing hidden in the constitution. In addition to saying what the govt can and can't do, it also includes rules about how to change the constitution.

But you are a **** so what do you know?

one more time the bill of rights protects rights.
The constitution tells the government what it can and cannot do.
they are both part of the constitution
they are together but both have a differant purpose. Which seperates the two.

You said "The Constitution tells the government what it can and cannot do" and that "both have a differant purpose"

So what is the purpose of the BoR? Is the purpose of the BoR different than the Constitution? You say they have different purposes, but you haven't said what the purpose of the BoR is

(I wonder if the wingnut realizes how he just contradicted himself? If he says they have the same purpose, then he proves himself wrong for saying they are "seperate". If he says the BoR has a purpose other than telling govt what it can and can't do, then he proves I was right when I said the constitution does more than that)

Which amendment?

Yes...and why has the Constitution not been amended to reflect? End-Run-around LAW is the way to do it...right?

So they are "two seperate items" and "together" :cuckoo:

one protects rights and the other tells the government what it can and can't do. If yoiu have any new information provide it with your source.

And cite it. Shanghaid doesn't know anything other than what it was taught in a gubmint school by a union member.

Here's my citation, as requested

The United States Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

Which amendment?

Yes...and why has the Constitution not been amended to reflect? End-Run-around LAW is the way to do it...right?

In wingnut world, constitutional amendments do not "amend to reflect" whatever that means :cuckoo:

They think a constitutional amendment is a "End-Run-around LAW" :cuckoo:

New Topics

Forum List

Back