Proposal for New USMB "Invite Only" Threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[
You ask them to leave. When Tilly, the owner of the forum asked me to leave I did. Completely. You would be amazed at how well simply being nice can work. You can also report them and we will thread ban them.

I think it would be nicer if mods with an agenda did not troll these private places to begin with.

How do you expect others to respect the privacy of a group when you worked so diligently to undermine and troll one of them? Have you ever considered leading by example rather than this constant "do as I say, not as I do"?
Apply it to yourself. The group wasn't set to private to begin with. Hence upon being asked to leave I did.
You knew full well it was a private group when you trolled it.

Tilly's Group was not a Private Group, Dalia's Terrorism Group was not a Private Group, there were not Private because EVERYONE could see those Groups were there, Tilly's Group was though an Invite Only Group, I can't remember if Dalia's was, but both were not Private Groups.
Invite only IS private. We didn't want the usual Islamist defenders trolling the conversations. Tilly tried to make it a private one but was not able, and that is why it was by invitation only which was displayed pominantly for all to see.

Coyote was most definitely not invited.

My Group was Private, it was not visible to those not Invited, Tilly and Dalia were both in my Group and the whole 71 person membership I opened up the process to them of suggesting who else should be Invited and we were adding to it each day with a democratic consensus via suggestions who else should be invited. As I commented my Group only existed for 12 days and then the whole Groups thing disappeared.

So there were two types of Private and Invite Only, the type that EVERYONE could see and the type that ONLY Invited members could see, if you went to the Group Section you could see Tilly's, Dalia's and other Groups but my Group was not listed it was Invisible, I do know that Leftists had an Invisible Group also.

My main concern...
These "Invite threads" will takeover the "New Post" screen.
It is obvious, unfortunately, that troll posters will open the floodgates and make all of these threads that no one from an opposing viewpoint will be able to post in....which will start troll posters from the other side to start making their own threads to combat the others.
That is the most likely outcome.

Real trolls are welcome to have their own TOPICAL DISCUSSION parties. But they probably won't succeed because --- it's ACTUAL topical discussion. LOL.. And you have to be careful. Because trolling isn't content you don't agree with. If the zealots want to bore each other on topics in an echo chamber --- fine. I don't think that will be popular or long lasting.

You SHOULD be able to identify these threads easily in the "New Post" screen and in the Active Topics. Because we're REQUIRING the first line of the OP to be the bold red "Invite Only Warning". That will be the summary you see when you "mouse over" or right click the listing. It should be obvious that you need to check your alerts for an invite before you go there. Or read the invite list in the OpeningPost..

Gonna close this now. Too many different discussions for folks to wade thru if they want to want to know about the proposed Invite thread feature.

There's a bit more discussion needed by Staff, but I think this TRIAL will start by Mon/Tues. Updated rules and guidelines will be added in the Structured Debate forum sticky section. And another announcement here that the concept is open for trials.

It may have to tweaked or adjusted. Or even abandoned if we don't get adult style cooperation on discipline and self control issues. Nothing RESEMBLING "Call-Out" threads will be allowed. You can arrange an invite list for a rowdier discussion, but if turns into an outnumbered mugging -- we will close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back