Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) honored By US Supreme Court

Since every religion is based on the same kinds of sources, how does a person decide which one to follow?

"If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed." (James 1:5-6)

You go to the source.

Holy Qur'an
(in answer to question about the source of authority for believing in Islam)

What distinguishes the Koran from the Book of Mormon, for example?

A number of things.

1) The Book of Mormon is true.
2) The quran is a collection of recitations given to Mohammad in Arabia. The Book of Mormon is an abridgments of the prophets who recorded their relationship with God in America.
3) The Book of Mormon has 12 witnesses who testify at the beginning of the Book.
4) The Book of Mormon was given with a promise that those who read, ponder, and then humbly ask the Lord in prayer will have the Spirit witness the truth of it to them.

Im sure we find countless other things.

"You go to the source."

One can only do that on a personal, internal level. It can not be externalized, or even very much communicated to another. It certainly cannot be imposed on another.

The question about the Koran and the Book of Mormon had nothing to do with the message in each, it had to do with the fact that they are both received information that no living person can attest to and that are based on texts that no longer exist. They are equal in that respect.
An objective observer could justifiably wonder how a person could decide to believe either.

"You go to the source."

One can only do that on a personal, internal level. It can not be externalized, or even very much communicated to another. It certainly cannot be imposed on another.

The question about the Koran and the Book of Mormon had nothing to do with the message in each, it had to do with the fact that they are both received information that no living person can attest to and that are based on texts that no longer exist. They are equal in that respect.
An objective observer could justifiably wonder how a person could decide to believe either.

That's the point of the Gospel. To change the inward man. To help men be personally reconciled to God. and by changing the inner man, you change how he behaves in his relationship to others.

If you look at religion without trying to understand it, it doesnt matter impartial you try to be, you won't understand it.

But the fact is people can gain their own personal witnesses. The reason I believe the Book of Mormon and Bible is because the Lord revealed to me that they are true. The reason I believe in Jesus Christ is because the Lord revealed to me that He is my Savior. I believe Joseph Smith is a prophet because the Lord revealed it to me. I believe in continuing revalation because I've recieved it.

There is no other way to recieve it other then personally through the Spirit. Which is why if anyone wants to truly know whether the message is correct, they have to humble themselves and experiment on the Word.

Christ said you know whether the doctrine is true by practicing it. Peter learned Jesus was the Christ because the Father revealed it to him. It was only later after he recieved revelation and acted upon it, that he became converted and saw the Resurrected Savior.

I can tell you, when the Spirit bore witness to the things I now believed, I didn't know what to expect. I didn't know whether there was a God. I didnt know where my life was going. Since then I've becomed someone I never thought I could. Ive seen things I never thought were possible. I've seen and experienced literal miracles.

God is real. And He really does love us. And He is waiting for so many of His children to just get on their knees and talk with Him.

It really is amazing.

Here is another well reputed hadith in which Muhammad orders someone killed.

Hadith Bukhari
Volume 4, Book 52, Number 286:
Narrated Salama bin Al-Akwa:

"An infidel spy came to the Prophet while he was on a journey. The spy sat with the companions of the Prophet and started talking and then went away. The Prophet said (to his companions), 'Chase and kill him.' So, I killed him." The Prophet then gave him the belongings of the killed spy (in addition to his share of the war booty).
During a time of war all "spys" are executed a a matter of routine by most nations.

So what's your point?? :cool:

the point is that islam is ALWAYS at war against the infidels until the entire planet bows down & submits to the b.s. will of allah, see dar al harb per your handle eh ?

8|39
And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is all for Allah. But if they cease, then lo! Allah is Seer of what they do.

Perhaps you want to tell that to the people who think the United States is the Great Satan and want to wipe us off the map

Remarkable and sad that many Americans lack the sophistication and intelligence to tell the difference between a religion and the criminal acts committed by those for whom their religion is incidental and irrelevant.

Criminals who are Muslim or who commit criminal acts in the ‘name of Islam’ are not representative of all Muslims, nor the faith in general.

Perhaps you want to tell that to the people who think the United States is the Great Satan and want to wipe us off the map

Remarkable and sad that many Americans lack the sophistication and intelligence to tell the difference between a religion and the criminal acts committed by those for whom their religion is incidental and irrelevant.

Criminals who are Muslim or who commit criminal acts in the ‘name of Islam’ are not representative of all Muslims, nor the faith in general.

Remarkable that you have to use straw men to attack me for things I never actually claimed or implied.

561500_415673558494931_2043392189_n.jpg

The US Supreme court honored Prophet Muhammad (Peace and Blessings Be Upon Him) as one of the greatest impact on law in the world in 1935.

Equality before the law; Innocent until proven guilty; The right to counsel … this is why , the United States Supreme Court honored Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) as one of the 18 greatest lawgivers in human history .

Islam is also recognized in one of our greatest buildings (the Library of Congress) as being one of the 11 or 12 most influential and important contributors to civilization

[FONT=&quot]As the United States Supreme Court judges sit in their chamber, to their right, front, and the left sides are friezes depicting the 18 greatest lawgivers of the world. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The second frieze to the right features a person holding a copy of the Quran, the Islamic holy book. It is intended to recognize Prophet Muhammad as one of the greatest lawgivers in the world, along withMoses, Solomon, Confucius, and Hammurabi, among others. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Here is what the Supreme Court’s website says about this frieze:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Muhammad [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](c. 570 - 632) The Prophet of Islam. He is depicted holding the Qur’an. The Qur’an provides the primary source of Islamic Law. Prophet Muhammad’s teachings explain and implement Qur’anic principles. The figure above is a well-intentioned attempt by the sculptor, Adolph Weinman, to honor Muhammad, and it bears no resemblance to Muhammad. Muslims generally have a strong aversion to sculptured or pictured representations of their Prophet. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]In the year in which the frieze of Prophet Muhammad was erected, Franklin D. Roosevelt was president, and Charles Evans Hughes was the Chief Justice. It is not known how the court deliberated on this architectural contribution. No one at that time thought it inappropriate to include Prophet Muhammad as one of the greatest lawgivers of the world at the chambers of the United States Supreme Court. This was despite the fact that American society at that time was not as diverse as it is today. Women had just acquired the right to vote, and Japanese-Americans were about to be sent to concentration camps.

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]While the learned people in our country knew of the contribution of Prophet Muhammad, our neighbors today are given regular doses of misinformation about the Prophet and Sharia, the path of the Prophet, more commonly described as Islamic law. [/FONT]
Prophet Muhammad’s Peace And Justice Movement

[FONT=&quot]Prophet Muhammad envisioned a just and peaceful society. With a mass peace movement, he achieved this goal during his life. He hated war and always preferred a peace treaty with his opponents, even if it was not favorable to his and his followers’ interests. He established his first peace sanctuary in the city of Madinah without any war whatsoever. While he did fight to defend that peace sanctuary, it is critical to note that the total time of actual fighting defending his people was not more than six days in his life of 63 years. He struggled to secure a peace that ensured justice and liberation for all people, especially for those most marginalized and oppressed.[/FONT]
Here are some of the Prophet’s notable contributions:

• [FONT=&quot]He taught that there is one God for all mankind.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]He taught Muslims to believe in all of the prophets and all divinely revealed scriptures, especially Biblical ones. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]As the Prophet established a peace sanctuary called Madinah after his migration from Makkah, he negotiated treaties with the Jews and the pagans of Madinah. Muslims consider these treaties to be the first written surviving constitution in the world. The constitution guaranteed freedom of religion, self-governance, and legal autonomy in all matters. It called for the common defense of Madinah, and declared the Jews, pagans, and Muslims of that treaty to be one nation, or “one Ummah[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]He prohibited hunting and the cutting of trees in the peace sanctuary of Madinah.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]He declared killing non-combatants to be illegal, placed severe restrictions on how warfare could be conducted, and even paid compensation for the killing of some dogs by one of his commanders.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]The Prophet’s teachings and the Quran are the two major sources of Sharia. Some of his precepts include the following:[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Moral behavior: personal cleanliness; emphasis on preservation and nourishment of all life forms, including plants and animals; rituals and spirituality of prayers; fasting and charity; righteous conduct and good deeds; and rights of parents, children, spouses, and neighbors.[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Interpersonal relations: teaching to enhance human relations and to avoid breaking relationships; encouraging mutual consultation in all affairs; prohibiting bigotry and racism; and emphasizing kindness and hospitality toward others, especially the weak and the poor. [/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Financial guidelines: encouraging charity, rights of the poor, respect for workers, and rejection of exploitation; and circulation of wealth among all classes.[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Personal rules and laws regarding privacy, gender relations, marriage, divorce, and inheritance.[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Criminal laws implementing the many of the Ten Commandments. (The only one of the Ten Commandments not having a parallel statement in the Quran is the one having to do with keeping the Sabbath.) Less than two percent of Quranic verses deal with the criminal law of Islam, which is a part of the Sharia but not the totality of it.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]The Prophet asked his judges to make things easy for people, not difficult.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]He declared all sins forgivable as long as a person asks God’s forgiveness and that of the one who has been wronged.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]The Prophet gave special emphasis to honoring treaties, standing up for justice, and opposing oppression.[/FONT]

Isn't this about the time communism (the gov't system responsible for more murders than any other form of gov't) found favor with the "elite" (the ones that want to tell the rest of us how to live)? Just more propoganda....

Here is a hadith that shows what Muhammad(pooh) was really capable of. Torture and murder.

Hadith Bukhari

Volume 8, Book 82, Number 794:

Narrated Anas:

Some people from the tribe of 'Ukl came to the Prophet and embraced Islam. The climate of Medina did not suit them, so the Prophet ordered them to go to the (herd of milch) camels of charity and to drink, their milk and urine (as a medicine). They did so, and after they had recovered from their ailment (became healthy) they turned renegades (reverted from Islam) and killed the shepherd of the camels and took the camels away. The Prophet sent (some people) in their pursuit and so they were (caught and) brought, and the Prophets ordered that their hands and legs should be cut off and that their eyes should be branded with heated pieces of iron, and that their cut hands and legs should not be cauterized, till they die.

Can't you just feel the "love"?

Muhammad is not Jesus or Buddha; nor do we muslims expect him to behave like them.

And besides, in Islam we don't have so called "spiritual masters" and other such nonsense. :cool:

Yea! you certainly would not read of Jesus or Buddha saying this.

Quran 8.12
Remember thy Lord inspired the angels (with the message): "I am with you: give firmness to the Believers: I will instil terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them."
Honestly, we really don't care one iota what Jesus or Buddha said and thought.

We are quite happy with the teachings, character, and moral behavior of Muhammad.

And as muslims; strive to emulate him in every aspect of our daily lives. :cool:

Thank you for demonstrating that you have been lying about Yeshua being your prophet too.

And no, you don't need a spiritual leader when you worship a rock in Mecca, and practice human sacrifice to it.

Thank you for demonstrating that you have been lying about Yeshua being your prophet too.
Yes, Jesus is a great Prophet in Islam.

But we do not believe in the false stories told in the corrupted christian Bible about Jesus. (which was the Jesus I was referring to)

Muslims only believe in the true Jesus as presented and written in the Quran. :cool:

Last edited:
Yes, Jesus is a great Prophet in Islam.

But we do not believe in the false stories told in the corrupted christian Bible about Jesus. (which was the Jesus I was referring to)

Muslims only believe in the true Jesus as presented and written in the Quran. :cool:

Which world's rule put you to say other holy books are corrupted?

Besides the fact that there is No copy of the New Testament known to have ever existed in it's original language.

The Bible is so full of revisions, contradictions, and omissions.

That anyone with an ounce of sense can see the Bible has been totally changed and corrupted over the years.

Besides the fact that there is No copy of the New Testament known to have ever existed in it's original language.

That anyone with an ounce of sense can see the Bible has been totally changed and corrupted over the years.

The Qur'an has mistakes which cannot be explained. Care to adress that?

And since the Quran was compiled years after Mohammads death because there were variant texts going around decieving the people, we can conclude that we have no clue what the original quran looked like or how much it's been corrupted as well.

Forum List

Back