Prophet Muhammad on Christians

7th-century Christian Ethiopian king who provided sanctuary to persecuted Muslims
Obelisk-of-Axum.jpg

The Obelisk of Axum, a symbol of the Axumite civilization Pzbinden7/CC BY-SA 3.0/Wikimedia Commons

In the early 7th Century, King Negus Ashama ibn Abjar ruled the Kingdom of Axum, a land also known as Abyssinia, part of modern-day Ethiopia. Negus means king but also can serve as a proper name. This king is referred to in different sources both as Negus and as Ashama ibn Abjar. Many aspects of Axum’s history remain mysterious to this day, because few records have survived, but this region of Ethiopia was among the first in the world to embrace Christianity.

Across the Red Sea from Abyssinia, a new religious tradition was unfolding in Arabia. Muhammad had begun receiving revelations and sharing them with a small group of followers. As people responded to Muhammad’s teaching and began practicing this new faith, some of the pagan leaders in Mecca began to persecute Muhammad’s followers. Muslims were mocked and assaulted, others had their businesses boycotted – and some were imprisoned in chains. Several Muslims died. Muhammad himself was protected by his uncle, but he told those who had no protection to flee for refuge to Abyssinia where he had heard of the famed mercy and equity shown by King Negus.

Late one night, the first eleven Muslims crossed over to Abyssinia. After they were given shelter by King Negus, 83 additional Muslim men and women fled for sanctuary. When the Meccans, also known as the Quraysh, found out about their flight from Arabia, they sent representatives to appeal to King Negus for their return, sweetening their appeal with gifts for him.

Though his advisers urged him to hand over the Muslims, King Negus called for all the parties to come before him to state their cases. Hadrat Ja’farradiya Allahu ‘anhu, the spokesperson for the Muslim exiles, eloquently told the story of the refugees’ lives. He described the sad conditions under which they lived before Muhammad began to preach among them. Then, he told about Muhammad’s call for them to worship Allah and to live lives of prayer, integrity and justice. Finally, this spokesperson told about the tortures they had suffered from the Meccans and how they sought refuge.

When it was his turn, however, the Quraysh representative Amr ibn al ‘As raised the issue of differences between the Muslims and Christians regarding the nature of Jesus. The Quraysh spokesman tried to use these differences to convince King Negus to ally with the Meccans in persecuting the Muslims.

But the king was a wise and fair man. Instead, he invited the Muslims to speak again. They responded by quoting from the Qur’an’s extensive verses that describe Jesus and his birth by the Virgin Mary.

Then, Negus picked up a stick and said, I swear, the difference between what we believe about Jesus, the Son of Mary, and what you have said is not greater than the width of this twig.

He refused to turn over the Muslim refugees and returned the gifts that the Meccans had hoped would sway his judgment. To this day, King Negus’ action in the 7th Century is still a source of pride in both the Christian and Muslim communities in Ethiopia.

Ashama ibn Abjar: King who sheltered persecuted Muslims
CATHOLIC Ethiopian King and of course he protected Mohammad's Muslims. Mohammad protected the Catholics too. He was killing non Catholic followers of Jesus Christ and the Jews because he was told by the Catholic monks (agents of Rome) that we were the infidels that must be wiped out.

7th-century Christian Ethiopian king who provided sanctuary to persecuted Muslims
Obelisk-of-Axum.jpg

The Obelisk of Axum, a symbol of the Axumite civilization Pzbinden7/CC BY-SA 3.0/Wikimedia Commons

In the early 7th Century, King Negus Ashama ibn Abjar ruled the Kingdom of Axum, a land also known as Abyssinia, part of modern-day Ethiopia. Negus means king but also can serve as a proper name. This king is referred to in different sources both as Negus and as Ashama ibn Abjar. Many aspects of Axum’s history remain mysterious to this day, because few records have survived, but this region of Ethiopia was among the first in the world to embrace Christianity.

Across the Red Sea from Abyssinia, a new religious tradition was unfolding in Arabia. Muhammad had begun receiving revelations and sharing them with a small group of followers. As people responded to Muhammad’s teaching and began practicing this new faith, some of the pagan leaders in Mecca began to persecute Muhammad’s followers. Muslims were mocked and assaulted, others had their businesses boycotted – and some were imprisoned in chains. Several Muslims died. Muhammad himself was protected by his uncle, but he told those who had no protection to flee for refuge to Abyssinia where he had heard of the famed mercy and equity shown by King Negus.

Late one night, the first eleven Muslims crossed over to Abyssinia. After they were given shelter by King Negus, 83 additional Muslim men and women fled for sanctuary. When the Meccans, also known as the Quraysh, found out about their flight from Arabia, they sent representatives to appeal to King Negus for their return, sweetening their appeal with gifts for him.

Though his advisers urged him to hand over the Muslims, King Negus called for all the parties to come before him to state their cases. Hadrat Ja’farradiya Allahu ‘anhu, the spokesperson for the Muslim exiles, eloquently told the story of the refugees’ lives. He described the sad conditions under which they lived before Muhammad began to preach among them. Then, he told about Muhammad’s call for them to worship Allah and to live lives of prayer, integrity and justice. Finally, this spokesperson told about the tortures they had suffered from the Meccans and how they sought refuge.

When it was his turn, however, the Quraysh representative Amr ibn al ‘As raised the issue of differences between the Muslims and Christians regarding the nature of Jesus. The Quraysh spokesman tried to use these differences to convince King Negus to ally with the Meccans in persecuting the Muslims.

But the king was a wise and fair man. Instead, he invited the Muslims to speak again. They responded by quoting from the Qur’an’s extensive verses that describe Jesus and his birth by the Virgin Mary.

Then, Negus picked up a stick and said, I swear, the difference between what we believe about Jesus, the Son of Mary, and what you have said is not greater than the width of this twig.

He refused to turn over the Muslim refugees and returned the gifts that the Meccans had hoped would sway his judgment. To this day, King Negus’ action in the 7th Century is still a source of pride in both the Christian and Muslim communities in Ethiopia.

Ashama ibn Abjar: King who sheltered persecuted Muslims

your story has the mark of BS ----sunni-----"ALL RECORDS HAVE BEEN LOST"-----it was
only 1400 years ago at a time when Christians, Jews, Zoroastrians, Hindus-----a whole
civilized WORLD ----- were literate. Now tell us about MUSLIM ALEXANDER DA GREAT.
Got any records of "MECCANS PERSECUTING MUSLIMS"? Mecca was an important
city Meccans "persecuted" muslims for believing in "allah" ??? why That city
harbored Christians and jews and Zoroastrians ----and "god" knows what else. What did
"meccans" have against them?

your story has the mark of BS ----sunni-----"ALL RECORDS HAVE BEEN LOST"-----it was
only 1400 years ago at a time when Christians, Jews, Zoroastrians, Hindus-----a whole
civilized WORLD ----- were literate. Now tell us about MUSLIM ALEXANDER DA GREAT.
harbored Christians and jews and Zoroastrians ----and "god" knows what else. What did
Off topic.....try to stick to the OP ... :cool:

Off topic.....try to stick to the OP ... :cool:

ok ---skip your fellow muslim, alexander, and tell me all about "muslims persecuted by
Meccans" Meccans seem to have tolerated Zoroastrians (perhaps even hindus) and also
jews and Christians- Mecca depended on-------lots of traders coming to the local burger
joints--------what did they have against muslims?

You're making my case for me again. The Obelisk is a symbol of Rome's Vatican. Not Christianity. It's origin is in the Babylonian Occult which are in fact the roots of Catholicism. Like I said before, Mohammad had a pact with the Vatican - and took the Vatican's word for it that the Catholics were the only true Christians and would protect them while they slaughtered the Jews and bible believing Christians who they called "infidels." Guess that word stuck, eh?
You're as nutty as the Rivera fellow you worship.

The Ethiopian church was started by Phillip who is featured in the book of Acts, and had nothing to do with the Roman Catholic church. .... :cool:
Because Constantine and his false church hadn't been created yet. Later the true Christians had to go into hiding because men such as Augustine were sent there on assignment to hunt them down and destroy the scriptures they had in their possession. The Jesuits are quite adept at rewriting history. Philip had no part of the Roman Catholic religion. It didn't exist when he was alive. Neither did Islam or Mohammad. Catholicism was centuries before Islam. That's where your story comes apart.

Last edited:
You're making my case for me again. The Obelisk is a symbol of Rome's Vatican. Not Christianity. It's origin is in the Babylonian Occult which are in fact the roots of Catholicism. Like I said before, Mohammad had a pact with the Vatican - and took the Vatican's word for it that the Catholics were the only true Christians and would protect them while they slaughtered the Jews and bible believing Christians who they called "infidels." Guess that word stuck, eh?
You're as nutty as the Rivera fellow you worship.

The Ethiopian church was started by Phillip who is featured in the book of Acts, and had nothing to do with the Roman Catholic church. .... :cool:
Because Constantine and his false church hadn't been created yet. Later the true Christians had to go into hiding because men such as Augustine were sent there on assignment to hunt them down and destroy the scriptures they had in their possession. The Jesuits are quite adept at rewriting history. Philip had no part of the Roman Catholic religion. It didn't exist when he was alive.

thanks Jerie-----I was worried that sunni had gone "temporarily" insane-------why bring up
Philip and a very early sect of Christianity. By 700 AD---of course the Vatican knew about
Christians in Ethiopia------and likely had some level of contact----just as it had contact with COPTS---
without the really HOT SHOT animosity brought into the situation by the reformation fight------
even before the birth of Cromwell

Ethiopian people were christian and helped mohammad during revolution .no islam if Ethiopian king didnt help mohammad.
so ..

what "revolution" happened during the time of the Christian Ethiopian king in which Muhummad
was involved that included QUOTATIONS from the Koran that had not yet been written? .....
how magical

gee Jerie-------you are EXPLAINING -----the rash of writings in the past few decades which are
aimed at white washing the Inquisition. Lately -----"OH, MAYBE A FEW DOZEN DIED
Francis is in big hurry to downplay Inquisitions and holocaust so people won't realize the scope of what he is planning.

Philip had no part of the Roman Catholic religion. It didn't exist when he was alive.
Correct......and that's why your whole make believe story is bogus. ... :cool:

jerie does not describe an event DURING THE TIME OF PHILIP-------even if he was the
FOUNDER of the Ethiopian sect-------at the time of muhummad----the catholic church DID
exist--------that Ethiopians were not catholics themselves is----a moot point------human
beans MOVE AROUND. 700 AD-----keep the time issue in mind------human beans
were moving ALL OVER THE PLANET

Ethiopian people were christian and helped mohammad during revolution .no islam if Ethiopian king didnt help mohammad.
so ..

what "revolution" happened during the time of the Christian Ethiopian king in which Muhummad
was involved that included QUOTATIONS from the Koran that had not yet been written? .....
how magical
Jesuits
Philip had no part of the Roman Catholic religion. It didn't exist when he was alive.
Islam came after Vatican by centuries. That Catholic obelisk tells you everything you need to know about that story. Mohammed was protected by the Catholics. They weren't Christians but Mohammad thought they were because according to the Vatican the only Christians that had to be protected were the ones who belonged to the Church of Rome. Mohammad was coerced into believing that by murdering the bible believing Christians and Jews he was doing the work of God. Rome has a history of convincing people that killing for them will get a reward in heaven. That's how they managed to get away with 605 years of mass murder and unspeakable torture called Inquisitions. So much for biblical Christianity, eh?

jerie does not describe an event DURING THE TIME OF PHILIP-------even if he was the
FOUNDER of the Ethiopian sect-------at the time of muhummad----the catholic church DID
exist--------that Ethiopians were not catholics themselves is----a moot point------human
I never said they didn't. I said the Catholic church was created by Constantine centuries before Mohammad was born. Enough time for Augustine and his mass murdering army to hunt down the true early believers in Ethiopia and kill them / destroy the Scriptures they had with them and drive the rest into hiding. By the time Mohammad showed up the people in power calling themselves Christians were CATHOLIC. Thus the obelisk you see in Sunni Man's photograph.

Any Christian (or Jew) found by Mohammad who was not a Catholic was considered an infidel, a child of the devil and had to be killed or taken as a slave. It was quite a satanic deception the Vatican came up with to hide their true history and to use the followers of Muhammad to accomplish their final objective which was to use the Muslims to take Jerusalem. This time they are using their Jesuit created UN and UNESCO to internationalize Jerusalem so they can take it as their headquarters and of course the Arabs are (again) the people they are using today to make that happen. They must have that conflict over land in Israel continue because that is how they will step in and become the "peace maker" of the very conflict they themselves created.

Last edited:
Jerie------at the risk of being off-topic-------have you notice that Francis seems to like to
"apologize" for the church\s role in this or that-------including genocide in south America?----
the genocide in south America-----in my logical mind was just an extension of the Inquisition.
Seems childish to me-----like a little kids who says "ok ----lets pretend it didn't happen ---I SAID
"I AM SORRY"

I never said they didn't. I said the Catholic church was created by Constantine centuries before Mohammad was born. Enough time for Augustine and his mass murdering army to hunt down the true early believers in Ethiopia and kill them / destroy the Scriptures they had with them and drive the rest into hiding. By the time Mohammad showed up the people in power calling themselves Christians were CATHOLIC. Thus the obelisk you see in Sunni Man's photograph.

I is confused------I kinda thought that the Ethiopian Christians were more like chaldeans and
Copts-------early Christians but not catholics and not protestants------uhm Aramaic type
OTHERS (or Amharic ----or whatever other than latin)

I is confused------I kinda thought that the Ethiopian Christians were more like chaldeans and
Copts-------early Christians but not catholics and not protestants------uhm Aramaic type
OTHERS (or Amharic ----or whatever other than latin)
Copts and orthodox both came out of the Roman Catholic church. Same system / different title.

1- “The Christians… respected my alliance. They recognized my rights. They fulfilled the promises that they had made during our meeting. They assisted the lieutenants that I had sent to the frontiers. They earned my concern and my affection by fulfilling the obligations that I had contracted with them…” (The Covenant of the Prophet Muhammad with the Christians of Najran)

2- “If a Christian woman enters a Muslim household, she shall be received with kindness, and she shall be given opportunity to pray in her church; there shall be no dispute between her and a man who loves her religion. Whoever contravenes the covenant of Allah and acts to the contrary is a rebel against his covenant and his messenger.” (The Covenant of the Prophet Muhammad with the Monks of Mount Sinai)

3- “If a monk or pilgrim seeks protection, in mountain or valley, in a cave or in tilled fields, in the plain, in the desert, or in a church, I am behind them, defending them from every enemy; I, my helpers, all the members of my religion and all my followers, for they [the monks and the pilgrims] and my proteges and my subjects.” – (The Covenant of the Prophet Muhammad with the Monks of Mount Sinai)

4- “All pious believers shall deem it their bounden duty to defend believers and to aid them wheresoever they may be, whether far or near, and throughout Christendom shall protect the places where they conduct worship, and those where their monks and priests dwell.

Everywhere, in mountains, or in the plains, in towns and in waste places, in deserts, and wheresoever they may be, that people shall be protected, both in their faith and in their property, both in the West and in the East, both on sea and land.” (The Covenant of the Prophet Muhammad with the Christians of Persia)

5- “No Christian shall be brought by force to confess Islam, and no disputes except over the better things shall be envisaged in with them. Muslims shall extend over the Christians everywhere the arm of mercy and kindness, protecting them from the exactions of oppressors.” (The Covenant of the Prophet Muhammad with the Christians of Persia)

6- “The Muslims must not abandon the Christians, neglect them, and leave them without help and assistance since I have made this pact with them on behalf of Allah to ensure that whatever good befell Muslims it would befall them as well and that whatever harm befell Muslims would befall them as well.” (The Covenant of the Prophet Muhammad with the Christians of Najran)

7- “If the Christians seek the help and assistance of the Muslims in order to repair their churches and their convents or to arrange matters pertaining to their affairs and religion, they, [the Muslims], must help and support them.” (The Covenant of the Prophet Muhammad with the Christians of the World)

8- “… [Christians] have obtained inviolable rights to enjoy our protection, to be protected from any infringement on their rights, so that they will be bound to the Muslims both in good and bad fortune.” (The Covenant of the Prophet Muhammad with the Christians of the World)

9- “If there be among the Christians a great and learned man the Muslims shall honor him and not be envious of his greatness.” (The Covenant of the Prophet Muhammad with the Assyrian Christians)

10- “If anyone is unjust and unkind to the Christians he will be guilty of disobeying the Prophet of God.” (The Covenant of the Prophet Muhammad with the Assyrian Christians)

Source.

The post 10 Great Prophet Muhammad Quotes on Christians appeared first on About Islam.
Be honest, you'd drool all over a Christian woman until you raped her. Am I right?
Stop the personal attacks. This thread is important. It sheds great light on the truth of what Mohammad was led to believe (by the Catholic monks and Khadija's Catholic cousin - an agent of the Vatican) from the very beginning. Stop trying to derail the discussion.
It's not a personal attack, it's the truth. Muslims men would take turns raping her and then slit her throat. Maybe even keep her for a while as a sex slave. Don't you follow the news? You're completely uninformed.
Wrong thread.

1- “The Christians… respected my alliance. They recognized my rights. They fulfilled the promises that they had made during our meeting. They assisted the lieutenants that I had sent to the frontiers. They earned my concern and my affection by fulfilling the obligations that I had contracted with them…” (The Covenant of the Prophet Muhammad with the Christians of Najran)

2- “If a Christian woman enters a Muslim household, she shall be received with kindness, and she shall be given opportunity to pray in her church; there shall be no dispute between her and a man who loves her religion. Whoever contravenes the covenant of Allah and acts to the contrary is a rebel against his covenant and his messenger.” (The Covenant of the Prophet Muhammad with the Monks of Mount Sinai)

3- “If a monk or pilgrim seeks protection, in mountain or valley, in a cave or in tilled fields, in the plain, in the desert, or in a church, I am behind them, defending them from every enemy; I, my helpers, all the members of my religion and all my followers, for they [the monks and the pilgrims] and my proteges and my subjects.” – (The Covenant of the Prophet Muhammad with the Monks of Mount Sinai)

4- “All pious believers shall deem it their bounden duty to defend believers and to aid them wheresoever they may be, whether far or near, and throughout Christendom shall protect the places where they conduct worship, and those where their monks and priests dwell.

Everywhere, in mountains, or in the plains, in towns and in waste places, in deserts, and wheresoever they may be, that people shall be protected, both in their faith and in their property, both in the West and in the East, both on sea and land.” (The Covenant of the Prophet Muhammad with the Christians of Persia)

5- “No Christian shall be brought by force to confess Islam, and no disputes except over the better things shall be envisaged in with them. Muslims shall extend over the Christians everywhere the arm of mercy and kindness, protecting them from the exactions of oppressors.” (The Covenant of the Prophet Muhammad with the Christians of Persia)

6- “The Muslims must not abandon the Christians, neglect them, and leave them without help and assistance since I have made this pact with them on behalf of Allah to ensure that whatever good befell Muslims it would befall them as well and that whatever harm befell Muslims would befall them as well.” (The Covenant of the Prophet Muhammad with the Christians of Najran)

7- “If the Christians seek the help and assistance of the Muslims in order to repair their churches and their convents or to arrange matters pertaining to their affairs and religion, they, [the Muslims], must help and support them.” (The Covenant of the Prophet Muhammad with the Christians of the World)

8- “… [Christians] have obtained inviolable rights to enjoy our protection, to be protected from any infringement on their rights, so that they will be bound to the Muslims both in good and bad fortune.” (The Covenant of the Prophet Muhammad with the Christians of the World)

9- “If there be among the Christians a great and learned man the Muslims shall honor him and not be envious of his greatness.” (The Covenant of the Prophet Muhammad with the Assyrian Christians)

10- “If anyone is unjust and unkind to the Christians he will be guilty of disobeying the Prophet of God.” (The Covenant of the Prophet Muhammad with the Assyrian Christians)

Source.

The post 10 Great Prophet Muhammad Quotes on Christians appeared first on About Islam.
Be honest, you'd drool all over a Christian woman until you raped her. Am I right?
Stop the personal attacks. This thread is important. It sheds great light on the truth of what Mohammad was led to believe (by the Catholic monks and Khadija's Catholic cousin - an agent of the Vatican) from the very beginning. Stop trying to derail the discussion.
It's not a personal attack, it's the truth. Muslims men would take turns raping her and then slit her throat. Maybe even keep her for a while as a sex slave. Don't you follow the news? You're completely uninformed.
Wrong thread.
Then go find the right one.

Any Christian (or Jew) found by Mohammad who was not a Catholic was considered an infidel, a child of the devil and had to be killed or taken as a slave. It was quite a satanic deception the Vatican came up with to hide their true history and to use the followers of Muhammad to accomplish their final objective which was to use the Muslims to take Jerusalem. This time they are using their Jesuit created UN and UNESCO to internationalize Jerusalem so they can take it as their headquarters and of course the Arabs are (again) the people they are using today to make that happen. They must have that conflict over land in Israel continue because that is how they will step in and become the "peace maker" of the very conflict they themselves created.

good point------I have to admit-----Francis calling abu mazen an "angel of peace"-----was kinda
like KAFKAESQUE------or something out of FAUSTUS. If only Ingmar Bergman were still
with us

Forum List

Back