Property Seizure bu the Government

jgbkab

Relieved
Oct 28, 2008
SC
I happened upon this Web site by accident. As I was reading, I remembered when I took Amtrak to Florida to purchase my car with cash, DEA agents came to me and the person I was riding with to search our bags. I had $11K in a secret compartment in my knapsack and I guess they thought it was just padding on the shoulder strap and never found it. Has anyone else heard of anything like this happening?

The sixth article of the Bill of Rights: [Amendment IV] The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Skip ahead to the New America, in the age of Homeland Security. The American government, always on the lookout for easy money, is using the Drug Enforcement Administration, FBI, state and local police to seize the luggage, cash and cars of innocent American's. Under America's new civil forfeiture laws, mere possession of a large amount of cash or a drug dog barking at your luggage is sufficient probable cause for police to legally seize everything you are carrying. In Albuquerque, N.M., in February, DEA agents detained Sam Thach, who was traveling on Amtrak from Fullerton, Calif., to Boston, and seized $147,000 in cash he was carrying. Thach had no drugs. His crime? He had bought a one-way ticket with cash and didn't give Amtrak his phone number.

The DEA seized $640,000 from Jennifer Leigh Ames while she was traveling on Amtrak in April. Agents say she looked nervous and had refused permission to search her luggage.

Web site

AMTRAK right? Government owned correct? Consent to search is implied when you step foot on AMTRAK. Don't believe me? The Government "owns" all of our miltary bases right? Well you consent to a search when you go one one of those too.

Also, who carries that much cash? Drug dealers that's who. The Government watches for movements of large sums of cash to protect against drug dealers as well as terrorism funding. You wanna' move a large sum of cash? Fill out the proper paperwork. You have to do the same through a bank am I right? Where's the loss of rights? Use a fuckin' bank you why dontcha'? Oh you can't do that because they're all owned by "The Jews" right?

Everytime I fly overseas I have to fill out a paper that states that I'm not carrying more than $10,000 in "monetary instruments". What's the problem with that? There is none.

You know what? You conspiracy nuts would be screaming boody murder if some terrorist financed an operation here in the states by moving large sums of money and the Fed did nothing about it.

Hypocritical whack jobs every one of ya'.

It happens. When it does the people with nothing criminal about them have a hard time getting their property back if they can get it back at all.

Sixty minutes if I recall did a show on it happening in Louisiana ten years ago. They were snagging new cars on a regular basis.

Here under the color of law the sheriff in the banks name stole heavy equipment, personal property out the whazoo, they use a torch to break and enter into private property without a warrant, threaten people along the way as they took equipment that did not belong to Rod or I either one, (the sheriff handed out his cards along the way, "have gun will travel") plus they raided our home and searched it. When my daughter arrived and they had the doors to the house open, cupboard doors had been left open in their haste to search the place. They were not suppose to be here with someone here at all unless someone was here representing my interest for a bank replevin for the mine equipment. They also were not to touch anything that the bank did not have explicit make, model and serial number for. Later an attorney told the court "it is a special replevin your honor so we could get make model and serial numbers". Corrupt assholes get "special favors" in the law because they are "special". The Supreme court ruled Rod was not a party to the action but still it left him with no viable recourse to recover what they stole or resources to make a living as he has done for the last twenty years. They also ignored blatant fraud on the part of the bank, (loan shorted were done with over one hundred-twenty bank created documents admitted by the bank that were admitted to be solely bank created and alter by the bankers in court). The rule of law really does not mean a whole lot to many of the political leaders. judges or many in law enforcement.

It is sickening what is happening to this countries freedoms and what is being done to people in this country. I know a lot of people think they are safe in their own homes and their property is safe but they are not and neither is their property, personal or real.

AMTRAK right? Government owned correct? Consent to search is implied when you step foot on AMTRAK. Don't believe me? The Government "owns" all of our miltary bases right? Well you consent to a search when you go one one of those too.

Also, who carries that much cash? Drug dealers that's who. The Government watches for movements of large sums of cash to protect against drug dealers as well as terrorism funding. You wanna' move a large sum of cash? Fill out the proper paperwork. You have to do the same through a bank am I right? Where's the loss of rights? Use a fuckin' bank you why dontcha'? Oh you can't do that because they're all owned by "The Jews" right?

Everytime I fly overseas I have to fill out a paper that states that I'm not carrying more than $10,000 in "monetary instruments". What's the problem with that? There is none.

You know what? You conspiracy nuts would be screaming boody murder if some terrorist financed an operation here in the states by moving large sums of money and the Fed did nothing about it.

Hypocritical whack jobs every one of ya'.

It was a question. I'm neither a conspiracy theorist nor a drug dealer. My money wasn't confiscated and I consented to search. No biggie to me. I just thought it was a little odd and didn't even remember it until I accidentally saw the Web site. You follow the letter of the law so good for you. :clap2:

It happens. When it does the people with nothing criminal about them have a hard time getting their property back if they can get it back at all.

Sixty minutes if I recall did a show on it happening in Louisiana ten years ago. They were snagging new cars on a regular basis.

Here under the color of law the sheriff in the banks name stole heavy equipment, personal property out the whazoo, they use a torch to break and enter into private property without a warrant, threaten people along the way as they took equipment that did not belong to Rod or I either one, (the sheriff handed out his cards along the way, "have gun will travel") plus they raided our home and searched it. When my daughter arrived and they had the doors to the house open, cupboard doors had been left open in their haste to search the place. They were not suppose to be here with someone here at all unless someone was here representing my interest for a bank replevin for the mine equipment. They also were not to touch anything that the bank did not have explicit make, model and serial number for. Later an attorney told the court "it is a special replevin your honor so we could get make model and serial numbers". Corrupt assholes get "special favors" in the law because they are "special". The Supreme court ruled Rod was not a party to the action but still it left him with no viable recourse to recover what they stole or resources to make a living as he has done for the last twenty years. They also ignored blatant fraud on the part of the bank, (loan shorted were done with over one hundred-twenty bank created documents admitted by the bank that were admitted to be solely bank created and alter by the bankers in court). The rule of law really does not mean a whole lot to many of the political leaders. judges or many in law enforcement.

It is sickening what is happening to this countries freedoms and what is being done to people in this country. I know a lot of people think they are safe in their own homes and their property is safe but they are not and neither is their property, personal or real.

Yeah, that's the way it works sometimes. I have been on Amtrak a few times and never had been asked to be searched. It was just that one time that I had a large sum of money on my person. It's like the like the bank notified the authorities and they figured I was going to Florida to buy drugs which would have been stupid because it would have been cheaper to just rent a car.

I travel a bit from time to time. I do carry a bit of cash when I travel but not a huge amount. What would have been the outcome of your trip if your backpack had of been stolen from you? It can happen easier than you think. jgbkab, sometimes your posts are pretty thought prevoking and it shows you have the ability to reason (even if I sometimes disagree with you) but in this case you didn't act very reasonably. Think my friend, think...

I travel a bit from time to time. I do carry a bit of cash when I travel but not a huge amount. What would have been the outcome of your trip if your backpack had of been stolen from you? It can happen easier than you think. jgbkab, sometimes your posts are pretty thought prevoking and it shows you have the ability to reason (even if I sometimes disagree with you) but in this case you didn't act very reasonably. Think my friend, think...

Yes, I know...it was dumb. It was back in my younger days and it was for the purchase of a vehicle but the owner didn't want to accept anything but cash. I really KNOW better now. But I really wanted the car and it was for a steal at $8K. Maybe they were drug dealers...who knows. And at the time I was working two full-time jobs. I would have been devastated if it would have been stolen but I would have had to come home and do it again...

No, I've had it about 6 years now. It is a foreign luxury car. I got all of the papers and everything with the car. I did think it was a flood car at first but I haven't had any major problems out of it since I've had it. In all, it was a great deal.

It is ridiculous for people to think that if a person deals in cash they are just a crook. I was 36 before I ever had a credit card. Even then I was leery about having one. I could have thousands on me whenever we traveled to bid a contract. We had a live within your means policy so whatever cash we had was what we used. The only thing we did with a bank involved was payroll and bill receipts. Looking at the way things are now I might just pay my employees in cash rather than give them a check that someone would charge them five bucks to cash. It irritates me to think that banks can get away with stealing five bucks from an employee to cash their check at the bank their employer banks with.

To say that one must use a bank or they are a crook is nothing more than conjecture. It is a freedom breaker when people cannot carry their money with them if they so desire.

Why were you carrying $11,000 in a backpack? Why wouldn't you wire transfer it or pay by check?

The owner of the car only wanted cash.

Two words -- cashiers check. If they won't take that then they lose the sale. That's how I roll anyway.

So if I came to you from SC to buy a car, you would trust me not to report the check stolen before you got a chance to cash it?

The owner of the car only wanted cash.

Two words -- cashiers check. If they won't take that then they lose the sale. That's how I roll anyway.

So if I came to you from SC to buy a car, you would trust me not to report the check stolen before you got a chance to cash it?

Cashiers checks are from the bank. The money is transferred from your account and guaranteed; it's pulled separately. If you don't have the money you can't get the check and it has to be made out to the seller.

I'd also set up a time to sell the car when banks are open and deposit the check before going with you to title the car over. :)

There has been a lot of bad cashiers checks rolling around many business do not even take them.

Cashiers checks are from the bank. The money is transferred from your account and guaranteed; it's pulled separately. If you don't have the money you can't get the check and it has to be made out to the seller.

I'd also set up a time to sell the car when banks are open and deposit the check before going with you to title the car over. :)

I thought we were better than that. You can just say it...just say that you don't trust me! :lol:

There has been a lot of bad cashiers checks rolling around many business do not even take them.

That is true. I think they're mostly from Nigeria. I don't see how anyone would fall for those scams.

Forum List

Back