Prop 8 in California

Think about this Californians.

A majority of you essentially decided to side with a mormon backed campaign. The mormon church, which was officially racist until 1979, officially homophobic until, well technically they have not had the revalation yet. So congratulations Californians. You chose for the first time, to take away rights from people who already had them, and you did it by listening to a church that did not allow black people through the doors until 20 YEARS AFTER the civil rights movement. Fucking pathetic if you ask me. Im not upset though because obviously the younger generation sent a HUGE message with the election of Sen. Obama. The youngsters said that the times are changing and this type of shit is going to be a thing of the past. Within the next few generations the social differences and demorphisms in race, class, caste, sexual orientation....and everything else will be a trivial ideology and will dissapear. Never again will an election be decided by our differences, but by our collective will as a people. Props, will soon follow. So enjoy prop 8 homophoboes, enjoy it while it lasts because I can guarantee that it will not stand up to the state supreme court nor will the next generation allow it to hold.

You may want to bone up on the History of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints a bit. The Church has always allowed blacks in the church as members, they just couldn't be part of the Priesthood.

And claiming the States are passing Constitutional Amendments because of the Mormon Church is hilarious as hell.

As for the Supreme Courts, they have no Jurisdiction on matters of what the Constitution says. As long as the Constitution is amended the Courts have zero say in the matter. All a Court can try to do is claim the people had no right under that Constitution to pass a Constitutional amendment by popular vote. And can you guess what will happen then?

Well its not me who does the hating. Perhaps you should consider the entire history of the mormon church and would be surprised to know that they have been NOT allowing blacks in churches longer than they have. Another 20 years and they will be batting .500 on the equality vs. inequality years. Thats not the point though, because they had their revalation in 1979 (20 years behind the rest of the nation) The point Im making is that in 1996 the DOMA was voted in and it does not say that states HAVE to ban gay marriage, it just says that they dont have to ALLOW it. Read it carefully California can overturn this easily with a majority vote in the future. This will happen, trust me.

Bald faced lie. Mormons have always allowed blacks in the Church, they just never let them be part of the Priesthood.

Like I already said, may want to check your facts.

If you can't understand that homosexuals who live in the US want equality (like everyone else) and can only get it by redefining marriage, then there is just no getting through to you.:eusa_eh:

No.. quite frankly they can have equality in treatment and legal ramifications thru adopting 'civil union'... if they get the same inheritance, same power of attorney in medical decisions, anti-discrimination coverage... the only thing the don't have is the term marriage which has always been defined as the union of family between a man and a woman...

As stated... the forcible attempt to constitute it as marriage is not about equality... it is about forcing an agenda

Bald faced lie. Mormons have always allowed blacks in the Church, they just never let them be part of the Priesthood.

Like I already said, may want to check your facts.

lol. Much better right. Oh we will let you in our church but dont step up to this podium and start talking about god. No....unacceptable.:clap2::cuckoo:

Not until 1979 anyway when the leader had a "revelation"

At least other churches admitted thier stupid mistakes in the past. This church does not formally admit anything they did wrong, all they do is hide it with new "revelations"

Nothing against mormons at all, but why would this church waste so much money on a prop that takes away civil rights? At one point I heard from a mormon on national TV, "there are just sometimes too many rights". lol

Yea, we wouldnt want too many rights in this nation now would we.

Last edited:
apparently, congress felt otherwise

The Defense of Marriage Act, or DOMA, is the short title of a federal law of the United States passed on September 21, 1996 as Public Law No. 104-199, 110 Stat. 2419. Its provisions are codified at 1 U.S.C. § 7 and 28 U.S.C. § 1738C. The law has two effects:

1. No state (or other political subdivision within the United States) need treat a relationship between persons of the same sex as a marriage, even if the relationship is considered a marriage in another state.
2. The Federal Government may not treat same-sex relationships as marriages for any purpose, even if concluded or recognized by one of the states.

Defense of Marriage Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This bill can be repealed.

lol. Much better right. Oh we will let you in our church but dont step up to this podium and start talking about god. No....unacceptable.:clap2::cuckoo:

Not until 1979 anyway when the leader had a "revelation"

Actually until very recently every Sunday meeting had a period of time for ANY member to approach the podium and "testify" to their faith. So they were not prevented from the Podium either. But keep up the lies, you are not very good at them but hey maybe practice will see an improvement?

Actually until very recently every Sunday meeting had a period of time for ANY member to approach the podium and "testify" to their faith. So they were not prevented from the Podium either. But keep up the lies, you are not very good at them but hey maybe practice will see an improvement?

"Teaching some things that are true, prematurely or at the wrong time, can invite sorrow and heartbreak instead of the joy intended to accompany learning.... The scriptures teach emphatically that we must give milk before meat. The Lord made it very clear that some things are to be taught selectively and some things are to be given only to those who are worthy."

I guess blacks were not worthy to teach the word of god?

Trust me, I have nothing against mormons. All I am saying is that they have alot of soul searching and alot of growing up to do before a mormon will be elected president. The mormon church just needs to get the bad taste of racism out of thier mouths and then maybe one day we will see a mormon president.

Is that bipartisan enough for you?

I find it amazing that so many people care more about the issue of Gay Marriage and they aren't even gay. They just don't want gays to get married.

Something like $73 million was spent on this prop in ads,etc. It boggles the mind.

Imagine how much that could go towards poverty.

I am SO with you on this one, Robert.

What the hell do they care?

"Teaching some things that are true, prematurely or at the wrong time, can invite sorrow and heartbreak instead of the joy intended to accompany learning.... The scriptures teach emphatically that we must give milk before meat. The Lord made it very clear that some things are to be taught selectively and some things are to be given only to those who are worthy."

I guess blacks were not worthy to teach the word of god?

Trust me, I have nothing against mormons. All I am saying is that they have alot of soul searching and alot of growing up to do before a mormon will be elected president. The mormon church just needs to get the bad taste of racism out of thier mouths and then maybe one day we will see a mormon president.

Is that bipartisan enough for you?

Just admit your wrong and move on.

Maybe they cared because earlier this year they saw their state supremem court override their last input on gay marriage. Hell, I'm FOR gay marriage but, and you can go back and take a gander, I called this result the very week that gay marriage was allofasudden made legal via the judicial branch. It says quite a bit that a raging blue state STILL invalidated gay marriage.

I am SO with you on this one, Robert.

What the hell do they care?

Guess whos money that was. Mormon donations to the church. Untaxed, unregulated donations for the word of god to influence people to make regulated state legislation pass. lol. I guess they didnt hear that things are changing and the word of god is not the same word that they onces thought it was. The racist, biggoted, anti-woman, anti-opinion word is slowly dissapearing. They just can not accept that change. Dont worry, give it a year or two, this prop will be reversed with a majority vote. I mean, look at prop 22, passed overwhelmingly only 8 years ago with well over 65% majority. Now its choke hold on americans is down to only 53% with prop 8. I would say another 4-5 years and homophobia will be completely overrun by the new generation of human rights voters. The youth movement for equality.

So much for secularism. The thing our country was founded on.

Last edited:
No.. quite frankly they can have equality in treatment and legal ramifications thru adopting 'civil union'... if they get the same inheritance, same power of attorney in medical decisions, anti-discrimination coverage... the only thing the don't have is the term marriage which has always been defined as the union of family between a man and a woman...

As stated... the forcible attempt to constitute it as marriage is not about equality... it is about forcing an agenda

By having marriage only be between and man and a woman and only allowing homosexuals civil unions we're back to the "separate but equal" policies that black people suffered before the Civil Rights Movement. It wasn't right then and it isn't right not.

The Declaration of Independence claims that all people are created equally, the ideology of the blank slate implies that all people should be given the same rights, and in this country we uphold "Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, and all of those ideals are not supported when homosexuals are 2nd class citizens. I believe in the US, and I believe in the ideals that this nation was founded upon. Homosexuals should have equality. I think a better solution to this divisive issue is that marriage is something that happens in the church, and civil unions are recognized by the government; and the government has nothing do with marriage and the church has nothing to do with government.

Just admit your wrong and move on.

Admit what? That the mormon church donated 73 million untaxed dollars to influence state legislation? What happen to separation of church and state?

Ill tell you who is wrong. The mormon church for using money for the word of god to influence an election for state legislation. That is very very wrong my friend.

How would you like the church of Athiesm to donate 300 million anti-church dollars to the presidential candidate in 2012? Or how about the church of Scientology? Would you like them to donate billions of dollars to influence a federal election? I thought not.

Last edited:
By having marriage only be between and man and a woman and only allowing homosexuals civil unions we're back to the "separate but equal" policies that black people suffered before the Civil Rights Movement. It wasn't right then and it isn't right not.

The Declaration of Independence claims that all people are created equally, the ideology of the blank slate implies that all people should be given the same rights, and in this country we uphold "Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, and all of those ideals are not supported when homosexuals are 2nd class citizens. I believe in the US, and I believe in the ideals that this nation was founded upon. Homosexuals should have equality. I think a better solution to this divisive issue is that marriage is something that happens in the church, and civil unions are recognized by the government; and the government has nothing do with marriage and the church has nothing to do with government.

But does that mean if you are a male in every sense of the word, you have the right to be called a woman? If you wish to be designated as Black, you should get that definition because you want it?

HELL FUCKING NO...

Marriage is what it is... if you get completely equal rights in a union between a man and a man or a woman and a woman as a married couple, it is equal... just as a black man is equal to a white woman is equal to an asian transvestite is equal to an eskimo hermaphrodite... but indeed they are all different with the commonality of being humans (and US citizens, in terms of this argument)

You can have your life as a homosexual in a union relationship.. you can pursue your happiness... you can have your liberty... but you do not redefine marriage, just as you do not redefine the term dog just because you think your goldfish is equal to your dog

Im sure that gays will eventually be able to get married. I think we are in the niche in between civil rights and achieving equality. Hell, how long has it taken blacks to achieve a closer semblance of equality? It's kinda like the 1980s of political views on race. It will happen, just not from the judicial bench.

I am against homo marriage because I support all of the gays having unprotected random sex.

Then as they spread their diseases and infections to each other.

The sodomite problem will slowly take care of it's self.

They will self eradicate each other and the world would become homo free!! :razz:

Forum List

Back