Prop. 8 Equals Homophobia...Let's Be Honest.

Where are the social conservatives? Too embarassed to acknowledge, even to themselves, that hate and fear motivates their efforts to deny a basic human right to others?
Nah, that would require introspection.

There is no basic human right.

There is no basic human right to marriage.

Gays currently have the exact same Constitutional Rights everyone else has, and more protection under the law white heterosexuals.

You extremist leftwingnuts are just too stupid to be embarrassed; otherwise, you would the way you misuse the English language to further your dopey causes.

That is correct. There are no human rights. The idea sounds hegallian if you ask me. We do have natural rights which are nothing based on the interactions within the private sphere. A human right to free speech would declare that I have the right to speak no matter what power others may have to remove that. For example: At work if I were to use my human right to speak freely I could tell the boss to F-off and there will be no repurcussions since firing me would be removing my human right. However, I do have a natural right to speak freely in the same manor but because I will get fired for doing so I don't. In this setting, I do not have the right to speak freely based on my work situation and the power my boss has. Where my right to speak freely exist completely is with respect to the government since it can not silence me no matter what.

Gay-marriage is a natural right in the same way because if two people were to get married and be the same sex they would have to find a private institution (like a church) to grant that and depending on the morality of the community it may or may not happen. Now lets say it did happen. The rest of the community may or may not accept that which hampers the ability of the gay marriage to exists.

The advantage of a natural right vs a human right is that a natural right allows people to pursue something and all others to retain the freedom not to help in that pursuit therefore leaving their right not to pursue their cause while a human right will demand everyone in the community to do something that they don't want to.

Natural rights allows the values of the community to flow and change depending on the free interaction of people within it while a human right seems to need the force of government in order for it to exist.
"THe supreme Court has said over and over and over again that marriage is a fundamental right,.." -Ted Olson...link...:cuckoo:

Where are the social conservatives? Too embarassed to acknowledge, even to themselves, that hate and fear motivates their efforts to deny a basic human right to others?
A license (and the gay marriage thing is ALL about state licensing of their marriages), by definition, is not a right, basic or otherwise.

But thanks for playing today....Johnny has a case of Bardahl for you as a parting gift.

"The supreme Court has said over and over and over again that marriage is a fundamental right,.." -Ted Olson...link...:cuckoo:

A license (and the gay marriage thing is ALL about state licensing of their marriages), by definition, is not a right, basic or otherwise.

But thanks for playing today....Johnny has a case of Bardahl for you as a parting gift.

"The supreme Court has said over and over and over again that marriage is a fundamental right,.." -Ted Olson...link...:cuckoo:
The right to contract is a fundamental right, as codified in Article 1, Section 10.

However, there is absolutely no right to a state issued license to consecrate such unions. A license, by legal definition, denotes a privilege, not a right.

You fail yet again, monkey boy.

The right to contract is a fundamental right, as codified in Article 1, Section 10.

However, there is absolutely no right to a state issued license to consecrate such unions. A license, by legal definition, denotes a privilege, not a right.

You fail yet again, monkey boy.

So, the Supreme Court DIDN'T say marriage is a fundament right in Loving v. Virginia?

Forum List

Back