Proof the polls are full of shit?

AS I've said. Anyone who believes polls is an idiot.

To many variables and they aren't worth the time it takes to get em.

One week Barry's ahead. The next week Romneys ahead.

Think I'll wait for Nov to see who's really a winner.

Romney has never been ahead. Since it was determined that Romney would be the nominee, the best Romney has been able to do is get within the margin of error. It still is possible that Romney could win if Dems don't show up to vote, and Republicans show up in droves, but I'm not counting on that. I think overall voter turnout will be down as nobody is thrilled with either candidate.

Romney has never been ahead. Since it was determined that Romney would be the nominee, the best Romney has been able to do is get within the margin of error. It still is possible that Romney could win if Dems don't show up to vote, and Republicans show up in droves, but I'm not counting on that. I think overall voter turnout will be down as nobody is thrilled with either candidate.

No the big issue here is which way pissed Idependents like myself vote were always the ones it comes down to in the end as we don't have a party affiliation.

No the big issue here is which way pissed Idependents like myself vote were always the ones it comes down to in the end as we don't have a party affiliation.

You bet. I'm a pissed Independent and I know exactly which way I'm voting.

Hint. It ain't for Barry.

• Banned

I don't see how any independent could consider voting for four more years of this shit

I think it ought to be a litmus test of "independent" voters. If they say they're inclined to vote for Obama then they are full of baloney. No one in his right mind could look at the disaster of the last 4 years and think that doing the same thing and expecting a different result is reasonable.
Obama blames the GOP for blocking his initiatives. OK, that means he can't work with a GOP Congress. So why should he have another 4 years working with a GOP Congress, which he has admitted he can't do, when someone else could work with a GOP Congress? Or a Democratic Congress (c'v)? Romney has proven he can work across the aisle. Obama has proven he can't. Simple choice.

Presidential Race Tight Before First Debate, Poll Shows

Last week Obama was up nearly by double digits. Now suddenly it's within the margin of error? Surely there aren't nutjobs out there that are changing their minds every few days.
More likely the pollsters now realize that they have been under heavy scrutiny and hope to salvage their credibility

In the past, this has happened a lot and I think that as the election gets closer, they attempt to be more accurate. Like you said, it's to save their credibility. They hope the damage has been done, namely that people have given up on Romney and won't bother going out to vote.

Of course, it could have the opposite effect and people who normally don't vote will do so hoping to change the "carved in stone" outcome.

Anyone who remembers these same pollsters telling the public that Carter would be the clear winner over Reagan knows that polls are used as a tool to shape opinion rather than reflect it.

They want us to ignore that little man behind the curtain and focus on what the media wizards tell us.

Last edited:
This poll is full of shit. At this point, with so many states soundly locked away, the only polling that should be considered helpful is in the battleground states. Even Fox pundits are starting to note how bleak it is looking at the polls that actually do matter. Oklahoma has Romney up as many as 32 points. This population is still reflected in a nationwide poll and doesn't help in Ohio or Virginia.. common sense.

Voter enthusiasm has ticked up in both parties since the network's last poll. Thirty-nine percent of Democrats and 38 percent of Republicans said they were extremely enthusiastic about voting for the president, compared to 30 percent of Democrats and 32 percent of Republicans in early September.

At least people are starting to make decisions; that is all I can take from this article.

Forum List

Back