Proof the media is controlled by conservatives

I just watched a report on this guy on The Countdown with Keith Olbermann on MSNBC - they showed several clips of Gannon asking the White House press secretary and Pres. Bush questions (all either softballs or outright attacks on Democrats in the form of a question). How did someone get Secret Service clearance using a fake name? How? It's a massive security breach. All he had to do was say the right things to the right people and he was in. This story is gaining some steam, and I think it will be fully reported soon enough.

acludem

Getting excited, are you, acludem? Well, good for you. The life of a "progressive" must yield so few rewards these days. Have a large time.

I don't know how the conspiracy buffs are going to have any success dragging this particular corpse around, though. It lacks one critical component - a.....CONSPIRACY. It is, therefore, boring.

Now, the entire mainstream media conspiring to bury a story that portrays (correctly) one of it's own as a hate-filled, agenda-driven liar - now THAT'S juicy!

I don't think they are "conspiring." I think they are ignoring. I think this story would not have been ignored if it happened under Clinton because of the right-wing propaganda marchine led by talk radio.

acludem

acludem said:
I don't think they are "conspiring." I think they are ignoring. I think this story would not have been ignored if it happened under Clinton because of the right-wing propaganda marchine led by talk radio.

acludem

What - if Clinton were continually fed fat, arcing slowballs by an adoring press? That was SOP. If this is the best attack you can muster against the new media, I feel sorry for you. It's nothing; it's noise.

Jimmyeatworld said:
Actually this is an example of how some Liberals take an ounce of truth and turn it into ten pounds of bullshit.

Actually, this is how some conservatives take an ounce of truth and turn it into ten pounds of bullshit.

I cite how after CBS' Dan Rather was exposed as a liar, Peter Jennings and ABC News started turning to the right in order to steal the ratings from CBS.

The media will always report the news based on how the political wind blows. For the next four years, we will have to deal with the media painting Bush as the second coming of Christ. We'll deal with it, then kick the Republicans out in 2006 and 2008; once the cost of the war and his domestic budget start to weigh heavy upon our shoulders.

acludem said:
I just watched a report on this guy on The Countdown with Keith Olbermann on MSNBC - they showed several clips of Gannon asking the White House press secretary and Pres. Bush questions (all either softballs or outright attacks on Democrats in the form of a question). How did someone get Secret Service clearance using a fake name? How? It's a massive security breach. All he had to do was say the right things to the right people and he was in. This story is gaining some steam, and I think it will be fully reported soon enough.

acludem

Your wrong, the secret service granted him a press pass under his real name, 'Jim Guckert'. The fact that he publishes using a pseudoname in the media has nothing to do with any lapse of security on the part of the Secret Service, who know very well his full name.

See, this is why people who read only lefty blogs all the time and don't counter that with reading other sources just sound dumb.

You let yourselves be sucked in by such statements like: 'using fake credentials' and automatically assume the secret service was offered the same credentials upon his clearence, with is demonstrably false. Don't buy into the hype.

Oh, and is there anything else that you can use to attack Bush with besided this false 'fake credential' claim? That he's gay? I really want to see the libs attack him more over that, because its really funny to see them act like gay-bashing hypocrits! :clap1:

And since some of you were wondering why taking down Dan Rather was big news and Jeff Gannon is small potatoes, you might want to ask yourselves:

"Jeff Gannon who???"

You can have 1,000 Gannons for every Rather, and the media, along with everyone else who doesn't know why the hell this guy is supposed to be important, all will still ignore you!

The 'scoop' on Gannon is really a salve for the left to feel like they can affect the media like the conservative blogs on the Internet. It's a 'Rather' pathetic attempt to feel important, and will come to naught. No link to a conspiracy of Republicans, no media shitstorm, and I doubt they'll even chase little old Gannon out of his tiny new slot in an obscure publication, let alone the press room of the White House. :cry:

Comrade said:
And since some of you were wondering why taking down Dan Rather was big news and Jeff Gannon is small potatoes, you might want to ask yourselves:

"Jeff Gannon who???"

Exactly what i was saying. Who is he exactly?

acludem said:

acludem

Apparently you didn't pay attention to your own link.

"White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan acknowledged this morning that he knew Talon News reporter “Jeff Gannon” was really James D. Guckert."

They know who he is. What difference does it make what he calls himself if they know his real name and have been able to check him out? As far as his "softball" questions...So what? How many times has President Bush had to answer the same question over and over again because the more Liberal members of the media are apparently hoping to get at least one line that can be taken out of context.

hylandrdet said:
Actually, this is how some conservatives take an ounce of truth and turn it into ten pounds of bullshit.

I cite how after CBS' Dan Rather was exposed as a liar, Peter Jennings and ABC News started turning to the right in order to steal the ratings from CBS.

The media will always report the news based on how the political wind blows. For the next four years, we will have to deal with the media painting Bush as the second coming of Christ. We'll deal with it, then kick the Republicans out in 2006 and 2008; once the cost of the war and his domestic budget start to weigh heavy upon our shoulders.

So I guess the love fest between Rather, Jennings, and Brokaw at that forum in New York shortly after all this broke, the one where Jennings said "I don't think you ever judge a man by one event in his career", that's Jennings turning to the right?

I do find it interesting how people like you spent so much time defending Rather and the CBS story, now to support this weak argument you proclaim him to be the liar that he is.

This is just such crap. I don't expect people on the left to come out and say, "Okay, we admit it, there is a Liberal slant to the media". What makes me shake my head is when you sit there and try to paint this picture of a "Bush controlled" media, or a media with a Conservative bias. Those of us dealing with reality know better.

theim said:
Guys, lets just give up this facade and admit he's right. Conservatives DO control the media. We just let the NYT, CNN, CBS, and everything else LOOK liberal to fool people. We bias the news to the left so people won't know its REALLY biased to the right. Man, Karl Rove is a genius.

And let us not forget Hollyweird, they are great at pretending to be communists.........

The problem is, is that he got a secret service pass into the White House using a fake name. How did that happen?

acludem

acludem said:
The problem is, is that he got a secret service pass into the White House using a fake name. How did that happen?

acludem

Wrong. He got the pass using his real name, ID, and all that. Gannon is his internet "pen name". This bottle was empty to begin with, acludem. Your desperate shaking isn't going to fill it.

Forum List

Back