Proof That There Is No Such Thing As 'God the Father'.

Just lookin' for evidence of a father in the history of the son of man, and he's still looking like a fatherless little bastard to this average Joe.

I can't begin to explain the immaculate conception, if that's what you're referring to.
If/how the angel that was sent delivered the seed or if God just made the miracle happen within Mary's body in some sort of asexual way.

If you're sincere in your search I hope you find your answer.

:cool:

No, Man... It has nothing to do with conception, immaculate or otherwise. It has to do with mankind giving up on the idea of there being some sort of supernatural parent figure out there judging us and humans accepting the responsibility for our own history.

It's the only way to put it behind us.[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_km0u64OLng"][/ame]

I read an article, some time back that addressed that missing "parent figure".

That one of the differences between atheists and believers in a father/God can be tied to the home that they were raised in.
Those that weren't reared in a loving and compassionate home have a harder time grasping the concept of that loving Father.
The opposite being that people raised in a more nurturing environment more easily accept Him.

Before anyone decides to start attacking me, I'm not saying that this applies to anyone particular.
Just relaying info.

( I tried searching for the article, to no avail, so apologies if I didn't convey the message clearly enough and in a way that may be taken as abrasive. I promise it was not my intent)
:eusa_angel:

The history that is the story of the son of man sure seems to describe an angry, fatherless little bastard to me.

War ! What Is It Good For ??? Absolutely Nothing !!! - YouTube
If you knew what you were talking about you would make sense, but just because you do not believe does not mean God doesn't exist.

Does the son of man seem well adjusted and given the emotional education and support that only a father can give?

I see anger, greed, selfishness, conquest and a hint of paranoia in the history of the son of man. All classic outward displays of a boy who is raising himself, including wishing for a father badly enough to make one up in story during his youth.
You don't see anything other than your own opinion, which is wrong.

I can't begin to explain the immaculate conception, if that's what you're referring to.
If/how the angel that was sent delivered the seed or if God just made the miracle happen within Mary's body in some sort of asexual way.

If you're sincere in your search I hope you find your answer.

:cool:

No, Man... It has nothing to do with conception, immaculate or otherwise. It has to do with mankind giving up on the idea of there being some sort of supernatural parent figure out there judging us and humans accepting the responsibility for our own history.

It's the only way to put it behind us.[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_km0u64OLng"][/ame]

I read an article, some time back that addressed that missing "parent figure".

That one of the differences between atheists and believers in a father/God can be tied to the home that they were raised in.
Those that weren't reared in a loving and compassionate home have a harder time grasping the concept of that loving Father.
The opposite being that people raised in a more nurturing environment more easily accept Him.

Before anyone decides to start attacking me, I'm not saying that this applies to anyone particular.
Just relaying info.

( I tried searching for the article, to no avail, so apologies if I didn't convey the message clearly enough and in a way that may be taken as abrasive. I promise it was not my intent)
:eusa_angel:

There's a whole book on how the Freudian perspective explains Catholicism.

It gets weird.
:popcorn:

If you knew what you were talking about you would make sense, but just because you do not believe does not mean God doesn't exist.

Does the son of man seem well adjusted and given the emotional education and support that only a father can give?

I see anger, greed, selfishness, conquest and a hint of paranoia in the history of the son of man. All classic outward displays of a boy who is raising himself, including wishing for a father badly enough to make one up in story during his youth.

Thanks for your opinion. In my opinion, your opinion is wrong and mine is right.

What about religion is other than opinion?!? :dunno:

Thanks for your opinion. In my opinion, your opinion is wrong and mine is right.

What I meant was, you are lying, there is nothing in the story of Christ that would lead you to that conclusion. So that being said your opinion is just WRONG!

Proof That There Is No Such Thing As 'God the Father'.

There is a Godfather however.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf16Vc3iZjE]The Godfather: Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

What I meant was, you are lying, there is nothing in the story of Christ that would lead you to that conclusion. So that being said your opinion is just WRONG!

I can't lie giving my opinion. Nobody can. At least not in this context.

It's o.k. if you think I'm wrong, but it's just silly to call my opinion a 'lie', even if it's the polar opposite of what you consider 'truth'.

The lie for me would be to say that I believe in your god.

Last edited:

I can get behind that.

Every religion claims that their's is the only right one and all the others are wrong.

Everybody can't be right but everybody COULD be wrong......

Someday there will be ALOT of very surprised people
:lol:

I can get behind that.

Every religion claims that their's is the only right one and all the others are wrong.

Everybody can't be right but everybody COULD be wrong......

Someday there will be ALOT of very surprised people
:lol:
Yeah, there will be.

Forum List

Back