Proof that Supply Side Economics Works

They're not economic theories. Those are normative positions. Different economists can have different opinions on what should be done based on the same model.

and are their fundamentally different opinions on the most significant aspect of economics based on their conservatism or liberalism or on the position of the stars?????? Isn't thinking fun?

What's that supposed to mean? That sentence isn't coherent.

which opinion gets the Nobel???

Are you a fucking moron? They don't give out prizes to people whose opinion they like. They give out prizes to people who have made important contributions to economic theory. Why don't you get off your arse and actually read an academic paper once in a while.

So who got the Nobel for the stimulus versus mal-investment contribution, the liberal or the conservative.

and are their fundamentally different opinions on the most significant aspect of economics based on their conservatism or liberalism or on the position of the stars?????? Isn't thinking fun?

which opinion gets the Nobel???

Are you a fucking moron? They don't give out prizes to people whose opinion they like. They give out prizes to people who have made important contributions to economic theory. Why don't you get off your arse and actually read an academic paper once in a while.

So who got the Nobel for the stimulus versus mal-investment contribution, the liberal or the conservative.

What are you talking about? Nobody ever got a Nobel for anything about mal-investment. Hayek got one, but that was more for his work on prices as signals and the pretense of knowledge. The Nobel for economics didn't exist when Keynes was alive. So, again, what the fuck are you talking about?

What are you talking about? Nobody ever got a Nobel for anything about mal-investment. Hayek got one, but that was more for his work on prices as signals and the pretense of knowledge. The Nobel for economics didn't exist when Keynes was alive. So, again, what the fuck are you talking about?

So you mean the most important economic issue by far is still settled by liberal philosophy or conservative philosophy, not Nobel level economic science? You were the guy who had a Nazi-like faith that since the Fed got its act together liberal mal-investment could restore GDP and full employment?? Why not share your wisdom with the Nobel people so they can make several awards to help finally settle the matter!!! Its about time!!

So you mean the most important economic issue by far is still settled by liberal philosophy or conservative philosophy, not Nobel level economic science?

No it's not even being considered by anyone (except the Austrian school fanboys). Because it's garbage. The closest that there's been to a formal presentation of some idea of "mal-investment" was in Kydland & Prescott's Time to Build paper. Since then it was cast aside because it's not especially good at explaining business cycles. The fact that you constantly go on about "mal-investment" just shows that you have absolutely no education in economics. Instead you're reading garbage from a fringe group which existed 80 years ago which has had a recent revival on the internet because of angry anarchist/libertarian teenagers who'd rather read something that confirms their bias that actually have their bias challenged. But you'd fit right in with that group.

You were the guy who had a Nazi-like faith that since the Fed got its act together liberal mal-investment could restore GDP and full employment??Why not share your wisdom with the Nobel people so they can make several awards to help finally settle the matter!!! Its about time!!

So dumb. You are so dumb that I'm half angry and half laughing like a maniac.

No it's not even being considered by anyone (except the Austrian school fanboys). Because it's garbage.

actually after the vaunted and very scientific Fed somehow caused the current Great Recession and accompanying 20% unemployment there was a huge debate everywhere including in the economics community about whether a stimulus would really stimulate or further depress the economy. Its was in all the papers! Sorry! Science was no help at all regarding what do about the recession so they did a little of each which pleased no one .

Again, you really ought to keep up with the news. We have what they call the internet now so its not hard at all. Go ahead, give it a try. You'll be so glad you did. I promise.

Last edited:
No it's not even being considered by anyone (except the Austrian school fanboys). Because it's garbage.

actually after the vaunted and very scientific Fed somehow caused the current Great Recession and accompanying 20% unemployment there was a huge debate everywhere including in the economics community about whether a stimulus would really stimulate or further depress the economy. Its was in all the papers! Sorry! Science was no help at all regarding what do about the recession so they did a little of each which pleased no one .

Again, you really ought to keep up with the news. We have what they call the internet now so its not hard at all. Go ahead, give it a try. You'll be so glad you did. I promise.

Of course there's plenty of debate about whether fiscal stimulus actually does anything or if it's just all crowded out. But nothing you just mentioned there had anything at all to do with mal-investment. Is your mind not capable of following through on one particular topic. Must you jump from irrelevant thing to irrelevant thing? Or is it just that when you realise you've gone wrong, you have to switch the topic so that it doesn't appear like you're "losing"?

Of course there's plenty of debate about whether fiscal stimulus actually does anything or if it's just all crowded out.

of course ???? of course???? You had a Nazi like faith that scientific Fed policy ("since the Fed got its act together") could restore GDP and full employment but now the liberal admits to having been 100% full of hot air about the key economic issue of our time??? Oh my!! Liberals fall hard don't they?

Of course there's plenty of debate about whether fiscal stimulus actually does anything or if it's just all crowded out.

of course ???? of course???? You had a Nazi like faith that scientific Fed policy ("since the Fed got its act together") could restore GDP and full employment but now the liberal admits to having been 100% full of hot air about the key economic issue of our time??? Oh my!! Liberals fall hard don't they?

First off, like you even understand what my opinion is! If you're gonna not actually listen to what I say but instead just pick up on key words and then form your own idea of what my opinion is, then you can just fuck right off.

Second, once again, you're jumping all over the place. This has nothing to do with whether or not people are going to debate over the efficacy of fiscal policy. All you're doing is reinforcing the fact that you're an idiot. I can't believe that I've humoured you this long.

This included the business tax tables from 1909 through 2002. It has all levels, like

1987 ........First...........0....................$25,000 ........15.00
................................$25,000...........$50,000........16.50
................................$50,000............$75,000........27.50
................................$75,000............$100,000........37.00
................................$100,000...........$335,000........42.50
................................$335,000...........$1,000,000 ........40.00
................................$1,000,000........$1,405,000........42.50
................................Over................ $1,405,000........40.00

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-soi/02corate.pdf

The address, Index of /pub/irs-soi/, gives a directory of all sorts of files, most likely useless.

First off, like you even understand what my opinion is!

You have a Nazi like faith in liberal government especially the Fed "since it got its act together in 1980". Then you admitted there was controversy about whether fiscal policy works at all. Maybe your thought is that monetary policy works but fiscal doesn't? Maybe Fed buying treasuries works or maybe not? Maybe Friedman or Keynes was right??

First off, like you even understand what my opinion is!

You have a Nazi like faith in liberal government especially the Fed "since it got its act together in 1980". Then you admitted there was controversy about whether fiscal policy works at all. Maybe your thought is that monetary policy works but fiscal doesn't? Maybe Fed buying treasuries works or maybe not? Maybe Friedman or Keynes was right??

I think I've said this before, but you are the dumbest a person can possibly be without legally having a mental illness. If you're a 14 year old boy, I guess I understand that. If you're an adult, then this is a sad day for human kind.

... you are the dumbest a person can possibly be without legally having a mental illness. If you're a 14 year old boy, I guess I understand that....

now your starting to get it. I was thinking more like ten.

The cerebral cortex continues to develop all the way through the age of twenty or so. Development can be interrupted and overpowered by the emotional brain due to traumatic events through childhood.

Go through his comments and count the number of times he uses words like "punish". It's all in the theme, man. Who punishes a ten or fourteen year old?

You have to use thematic analysis and abduction reasoning. You'll never get there deductively. You have to think, "object-feeling" connects to "object-feeling". What you see as a discontinuity is because it's connected by feeling-feeling, not object-object.

It's not about economics, it's projection and transference. His collection of economic concepts are more like waking dream symbolism. He collects and organizes them to fit the nightmare. Think of it as the emotional dream symbolism is leaking through.

Look at the emotionally loaded terms he uses repeatedly. We could count them, put them in a Paretto chart, and use that as a point for determining the predominant issues. It's actually measurable, just by counting them.

Why economics as a choice, for him, of subjects?

We all have deeper reasons for our choice of topics, doctors, lawyers, therapists, actors. Some are not so deep, some are. Usually, the only thing it affects is our choice of subjects that we end up with as a career. The rest is just learned objects that have to do with the subject.

But, when they are really emotionally loaded, you know...

What is the "mal-investment" that one would experience as a ten year old? Who was the "liberal", the overspending liberal that caused the mal-investment?

Who's he really arguing with, cuz you know it can't be you. He's piled to much crap on top of his picture of you, you know that. :lol:

It's usually too subtle for us layman, but we get these rare opportunities to see it displayed in bold relief. :cuckoo:

I couldn't resist. It's so obvious, when you know what you're looking at.

Alice in Wonderland was much more fun. That's a rabbit hole you don't mind falling into.

You just keep getting sucked right into the mind @#$% hole. :eusa_shhh:

Forum List

Back