Proof of Our Universe Colliding With Another One?

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
The Abrahamic and other religions have claimed that other universes exist for thousands of years, and the secularists ahve derided such claims as 'pie in the sky' and similar nonsense.

Welll, looky what science is finding out now...

Image of the Day: Evidence of a Past Universe? Circular Patterns in the Cosmic Microwave Background

Still, I think you can take a large field of entirely random points and find almost any geometric shape you are looking for if you look hard enough and long enough.

The Abrahamic and other religions have claimed that other universes exist for thousands of years, and the secularists ahve derided such claims as 'pie in the sky' and similar nonsense.

Image of the Day: Evidence of a Past Universe? Circular Patterns in the Cosmic Microwave Background

Still, I think you can take a large field of entirely random points and find almost any geometric shape you are looking for if you look hard enough and long enough.

What did they put in your "tea"?

What did they put in your "tea"?

Do you ever actually read and think about posts, or is this conditioned reflex for you to act like an ass all you got?

Why not a few "ripples in the pond"? Why should an explosion of that magnitude create a perfectly uniform dispersable of energy and matter??

But -- I'm not sure that's what we're seeing here --- yet..

:tongue:

Why not a few "ripples in the pond"? Why should an explosion of that magnitude create a perfectly uniform dispersable of energy and matter??

But -- I'm not sure that's what we're seeing here --- yet..

:tongue:

I'm not sure either, but yo would like to trust these experts to know what the hell they are talking about.

Take away that bulls eye and I dont see a circle...it's kinda like seeing Jesus in a taco shell.

Universe 80M years older than thought...
:eusa_eh:
Planck satellite: Maps detail Universe's ancient light
21 March 2013 - A map tracing the "oldest light" in the sky has been produced by Europe's Planck Surveyor satellite. Its pattern confirms the Big Bang theory for the origin of the Universe but subtle, unexpected details will require scientists to adjust some of their ideas.
A spectacular new map of the "oldest light" in the sky has just been released by the European Space Agency. Scientists say its mottled pattern is an exquisite confirmation of our Big-Bang model for the origin and evolution of the Universe. But there are features in the picture, they add, that are unexpected and will require ideas to be refined. The map was assembled from 15 months' worth of data acquired by the 600m-euro (£515m) Planck space telescope. It details what is known as the cosmic microwave background, or CMB - a faint glow of microwave radiation that pervades all of space.

_66524456_66524455.jpg

Planck has confirmed the north/south differences and a "cold spot" in the data

Its precise configuration, visible in the new Planck data, is suggestive of a cosmos that is slightly older than previously thought - one that came into existence 13.82 billion years ago. This is an increase of about 50 million years on earlier calculations. The map's pattern also indicates a subtle adjustment is needed to the Universe's inventory of contents. It seems there is slightly more matter out there (31.7%) and slightly less "dark energy" (68.3%), the mysterious component thought to be driving the cosmos apart at an accelerating rate. "I would imagine for [most people] it might look like a dirty rugby ball or a piece of modern art," said Cambridge University's George Efstathiou, presenting the new picture here at Esa headquarters in Paris. "But I can assure you there are cosmologists who would have hacked our computers or maybe even given up their children to get hold of this map, we're so excited by it."

Planck is the third western satellite to study the CMB. The two previous efforts - COBE and WMAP - were led by the US space agency (Nasa). The Soviets also had an experiment in space in the 1980s that they called Relikt-1. The CMB is the light that was finally allowed to spread out across space once the Universe had cooled sufficiently to permit the formation of hydrogen atoms - about 380,000 years into the life of the cosmos. It still bathes the Earth in a near-uniform glow at microwave frequencies, and has a temperature profile that is just 2.7 degrees above absolute zero. But it is possible to detect minute deviations in this signal, and these fluctuations - seen as mottling in the map - are understood to reflect the differences in the density of matter when the light parted company and set out on its journey all those years ago.

More http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-21866464

See also:

Universe ages 80M years; Big Bang gets clearer
Mar 21,`13 -- New results from looking at the split-second after the Big Bang indicate the universe is 80 million years older than previously thought and provide ancient evidence supporting core concepts about the cosmos - how it began, what it's made of and where it's going.
The findings released Thursday bolster a key theory called inflation, which says the universe burst from subatomic size to its now-observable expanse in a fraction of a second. The new observations from the European Space Agency's $900 million Planck space probe appear to reinforce some predictions made decades ago solely on the basis of mathematical concepts. "We've uncovered a fundamental truth of the universe," said George Efstathiou, director of the Kavli Institute for Cosmology at the University of Cambridge who announced the Planck satellite mapping result in Paris. "There's less stuff that we don't understand by a tiny amount." "It's a big pat on the back for our understanding of the universe," California Institute of Technology physicist Sean Carroll, who was not involved in the project, told The Associated Press. "In terms of describing the current universe, I think we have a right to say we're on the right track."

The Big Bang - the most comprehensive theory of the universe's beginning - says the visible portion of the universe was smaller than an atom when, in a split second, it exploded, cooled and expanded faster than the speed of light. The Planck space probe looked back at the afterglow of the Big Bang, and those results have now added about 80 million years to the universe's age, putting it at 13.81 billion years old. The probe, named for the German physicist Max Planck, the originator of quantum physics, also found that the cosmos is expanding a bit slower than originally thought, has a little less of that mysterious dark energy than astronomers had figured and has a tad more normal matter. But scientists say those are small changes in calculations about the universe, whose numbers are so massive.

Officials at NASA, which also was part of the experiment, said the Planck probe has provided a deeper understanding of the intricate history of the universe and its complex composition. Krzysztof Gorski, a Planck scientist at NASA's Jet Propulsion Lab, said in a statement that the new results "are giving astronomers a treasure trove of spectacular data, and bringing forth a deeper understanding of the properties and history of the universe." The Planck space telescope, launched in 2009, has spent 15 1/2 months mapping the sky, examining so-called "light" fossils and sound echoes from the Big Bang by looking at background radiation in the cosmos. The spacecraft is expected to keep transmitting data until late 2013, when it runs out of cooling fluid.

MORE

Last edited:
Astronomers Predict Titanic Collision: Milky Way vs. Andromeda - NASA Science
May 31, 2012: NASA astronomers say they can now predict with certainty the next major cosmic event to affect our galaxy, sun, and solar system: the titanic collision of our Milky Way galaxy with the neighboring Andromeda galaxy.

The Milky Way is destined to get a major makeover during the encounter, which is predicted to happen four billion years from now. It is likely the sun will be flung into a new region of our galaxy, but our Earth and solar system are in no danger of being destroyed.

"After nearly a century of speculation about the future destiny of Andromeda and our Milky Way, we at last have a clear picture of how events will unfold over the coming billions of years," says Sangmo Tony Sohn of the Space Telescope Science Institute (STScI) in Baltimore.

"Our findings are statistically consistent with a head-on collision between the Andromeda galaxy and our Milky Way galaxy," adds Roeland van der Marel of the STScI.

Astronomers Predict Titanic Collision: Milky Way vs. Andromeda - NASA Science
May 31, 2012: NASA astronomers say they can now predict with certainty the next major cosmic event to affect our galaxy, sun, and solar system: the titanic collision of our Milky Way galaxy with the neighboring Andromeda galaxy.

The Milky Way is destined to get a major makeover during the encounter, which is predicted to happen four billion years from now. It is likely the sun will be flung into a new region of our galaxy, but our Earth and solar system are in no danger of being destroyed.

"After nearly a century of speculation about the future destiny of Andromeda and our Milky Way, we at last have a clear picture of how events will unfold over the coming billions of years," says Sangmo Tony Sohn of the Space Telescope Science Institute (STScI) in Baltimore.

"Our findings are statistically consistent with a head-on collision between the Andromeda galaxy and our Milky Way galaxy," adds Roeland van der Marel of the STScI.

:popcorn:

This is some deep stuff...too deep for me, but oh-so-fascinating trying to grasp it all.
First thing that comes to mind is...infinity. That's all my feeble mind can hold on to. Infinity.

That's some absolutely fascinating stuff in that article. I've read "the universe in a nutshell" and "a brief history of time" and they are completely over my head. It still makes me feel like there is some unbelievable shit explaining 'life, the universe, and everything :)razz:)' despite me having no idea what I'm looking at.

The fact that people have even been able to conceive of such things is encouraging for my opinion of humanity.

The Abrahamic and other religions have claimed that other universes exist for thousands of years
Source? I'm not aware of their being a significant debate over whether their god could have created more than one universe :eusa_eh:

The Abrahamic and other religions have claimed that other universes exist for thousands of years
Source? I'm not aware of their being a significant debate over whether their god could have created more than one universe :eusa_eh:

They were refered to as Heaven, Hel, Sheol, Paradise, Gehena, etc, ie places not in our universe and thus assumed to be in other universes.

Seven Heavens

Heavens is always plural in Hebrew, with seven levels of heaven, noted in Scripture. The names are: Vilon, Rakia, Shechakim, Zevul, Maon, Machon, and Aravot.

1. Vilon is 'That stretches out the heavens as a curtain (Vilon), and spreads them out as a tent to dwell in.' (Isaiah 40:22[85]) Vilon retires in the morning and comes out in the evening, and renews the work of creation daily. Vilon is the entire universe, going beyond what we can see with telescopes. Vilon is the word for curtain used in the Talmud, but a synonym, doq, pronounced like coke, is the word used in Isaiah 40:22

2. Rakia is where 'God set them in the firmament (Rakia) of the heavens.' (Gen 1:17[19]) This is a reference to the stars, sun, moon, and planets: outer space where the various heavenly bodies move in their prescribed orbits and /or maintain relationships in constellations, solar systems, galaxies, etc. Rakia is the part of the heavens that can be seen.

3. Shechakim is from 'He commanded the skies (shechakim) above and opened the doors of heaven; and He rained down manna upon them to eat.' (Psalm 78:23 [120]) This is where the millstones are located that grind manna for the righteous. His Word is still miraculously feeding us. Shechakim is the atmosphere.

4. Zevul is the location for 'I have surely built you a house of habitation (Zevul), a place for you to dwell in forever.: (1Kings 8:13 [32]) This is the location of celestial Jerusalem and the temple with the heavenly altar where Michael offers a sacrifice. How do we know that Zevul is this place? Because, 'Look down from heaven and behold the habitation (Zevul) of Your holiness and Your glory.' (Isaiah 63:16 [102])

5. Maon is where 'The Lord will command His loving kindness in the daytime and in the night his song shall be with Me.' (Psalm 42:8 [69]) This is where His ministering angels stay, singing in the night. We know that this is heaven because of 'Look down from your holy habitation (Maon) from heaven.' (Deuteronomy 26:15 [46])

6. Machon is the location of the storehouses of snow, rain, hail, whirlwinds, storms, etc. 'The Lord shall open unto you His good treasure…' Deuteronomy 28:12 [45] We know that this is heaven because 'Hear in Heaven, the habitation (Machon) of Your dwelling…' (1Kings 8:39 [58])

7. Aravot is that in which are righteousness, judgment, and charity, the storehouses of life, of peace and of blessing, the spirits of the righteous, with which the Lord will hereafter revive the dead. Those living here include the Ophannim, Seraphim, holy Chayyot, the ministering angels, the Throne of Glory, and the King of the Universe. 'Cast up a highway for Him Who rides upon the clouds (Aravot)’ His name is Yah. (Psalm 68:4 [91]) The storehouse of life contains the force of life for all those yet to be born because when God finished creation (Genesis 2:1 [4]) He had made everything that would ever be - including your descendants. The spirits of the righteous are the dead who are sleeping with their fathers.

Notice that the first three represent the universe, the visible night sky and sun, and the atmosphere. These are natural, physical things even when beyond the range of telescopes.

Velon is the highest level of heaven where God's Throne is and it is beyond the stars, beyond our natural universe, while the others are in the natural universe, though described metaphorically.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaven_(Christianity)

Eastern Orthodox cosmology perceives heaven as having different levels (John 14:2), the lowest of which is Paradise. At the time of creation, paradise touched the earth at the Garden of Eden. After the Fall of man, paradise was separated from the earth, and mankind forbidden entry, lest he partake of the Tree of Life and live eternally in a state of sinfulness (Genesis 3:22-24). At his death on the Cross, the Orthodox believe Jesus opened the door to Paradise to mankind again (Luke 23:43), and the Good Thief was the first to enter....

Seven Heavens - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Seven Heavens is a part of religious cosmology found in many major religions such as Islam, Judaism and Hinduism and in some minor religions such as Hermeticism and Gnosticism. The Throne of God is said to be above the seventh heaven in Abrahamic religions.

In Islam:
The seven heavens are the seven layered realms of the spiritual upper world where generally angels and other spiritual beings such as Paradise and Hell and the souls of the prophets exist. The seven heavens are part of Al-Ghayb (Arabic: الغيب* The Unseen), the occult or unseen universe in Islamic cosmology as opposed to Al-Shahadah (Arabic: الشهادة* The Seen), the universe we know. Some scholars have said that the original meaning of the Arabic word سماوت is the hypothetical multiverse or "worlds of space and time" and not "sky" as is used in Modern Arabic.

varelse wrote: Source? I'm not aware of their being a significant debate over whether their god could have created more than one universe

Oh, there are others...

... but this is the one ever'body wants to come to...

... especially earth...

... `cause o' sex.
:redface:

Forum List

Back