PROOF of an ERROR in the BIBLE!

There are many errors in the bible. It was assembled decades after the primary events, duh! Not only that but it was added to and subtracted from over the next couple of hundred years. It has all sorts of conflicts.

Well I can only agree but these idiots that claim the bible has no errors just drive me bonkers

Why let it bother you? You are angry about other peoples beliefs? That's stupid dude. The only person you can control is you, if you get angry because of others you are in for a ong painful, unsatisfying life. All of your creation.

You militant anti-christian bigots who call yourselves Atheists are an insult to we real Atheists. Real Atheists respect people's religious beliefs, and aren't so unsure of their own that they must attack others.
Midnight Marauder you ignorant slut! I never called myself an 'atheist' bc I am not an atheist! I am a realist so please just STFU

No, you're an atheist. What's more you're an angry, ignorant atheist. I am an agnostic so I am quite happy to respect the viewpoints of all others, you on the opther hand point out the untruth of the bible being responsible for the deaths of millions if not billions (I hate to tell you this but secular collectivist governments (i.e. "realist" governments) have killed far more people than all the religions of the world combined over the last 4 thousand years. And they did it in a period of 150 years.

This is an example of your ignorance. You claim to be a realist yet you have no clue that your religion has murdered more than all the religions combined, which simply makes you a fool.

You militant anti-christian bigots who call yourselves Atheists are an insult to we real Atheists. Real Atheists respect people's religious beliefs, and aren't so unsure of their own that they must attack others.
Midnight Marauder you ignorant slut! I never called myself an 'atheist' bc I am not an atheist! I am a realist so please just STFU
No, you're an atheist. What's more you're an angry, ignorant atheist.
He's not. He's a anti-christian bigot straight up. No matter what he calls himself.

Atheism is just as much a religion as deism.
Umm, no. True Atheism is the total absense of any religious beliefs.
Agnosticism is what you are describing. We respect all points of view and don't try to force our ideals on anyone. All are free to worship or reflect as they wish.
Respectfully, no again. The Agnostic suspends belief until he sees proof. He admits he doesn't know if "God" exists. He waits for the "burning bush."

True Atheists don't deny the existence of deities, it's stupid to do so. Of course they exist. They're just not what is proposed. They exist in the human heart, creations of man in his own image not the other way around, creations of man, for man. Just like any other fictional character you can name.

I'll have to disagree with you on this one. I follow the dictionaries definition of atheism. Then there is the New World Encyclopedias version which softens it a little but still holds that atheism is the rejection of theism...etc. etc.

Atheism - New World Encyclopedia

No, you're an atheist. What's more you're an angry, ignorant atheist.
He's not. He's a anti-christian bigot straight up. No matter what he calls himself.

I'm relying on his admission of being a "realist" that is code for atheism even if he doesn't relise it. That is what collectivist governments call themselves the world over, you know the ones that murder millions who get in their way.

Atheism is just as much a religion as deism.
Umm, no. True Atheism is the total absense of any religious beliefs.
Agnosticism is what you are describing. We respect all points of view and don't try to force our ideals on anyone. All are free to worship or reflect as they wish.
Respectfully, no again. The Agnostic suspends belief until he sees proof. He admits he doesn't know if "God" exists. He waits for the "burning bush."

True Atheists don't deny the existence of deities, it's stupid to do so. Of course they exist. They're just not what is proposed. They exist in the human heart, creations of man in his own image not the other way around, creations of man, for man. Just like any other fictional character you can name.

I'll have to disagree with you on this one. I follow the dictionaries definition of atheism. Then there is the New World Encyclopedias version which softens it a little but still holds that atheism is the rejection of theism...etc. etc.

Remember what Obama told George Stephanopoulos on national TV, "Now George. If you have to use dictionary definitions you've lost the argument."

Not that I believe that, just being snarky. Remember that all such types if you will, have their extremists. And they also have their militants who aren't what they claim at all.

If you read how I define Atheism, you'll see it's a pretty moderate position but not anything close to Agnostic.

Well I can only agree but these idiots that claim the bible has no errors just drive me bonkers

What I would like to know is why someone would want to take away from the overall message of the Bible...? I understand that some people don't believe in it, and I understand that some people do, however, why do those who don't believe choose to pick it apart rather than respect it's message, which is love. It's the whole reason why Jesus was crucified...to show Love for mankind.

I would argue that no human should have 'respect' for a book that has caused the death of MILLIONS if not BILLIONS of humans throughout history! Do you think people should have 'respect' for MEIN KAMPF? Well far more people have died bc of the bible, torah, & quran than Mein Kampf.... So in other words...I personally would wipe my arse with a bible, quran, and/or torah bc I think they are all PURE EVIL!

I would argue that no human should have respect for a dimwit who doesn't bother to know anything about a topic he's ranting on other than his own ignorant, half-formed prejudices. Millions, if not billions, of deaths? Really? And now you're going to tell us when, where, and how the Bible has done so, right?

Personally, I wipe my ass with your opinions and bigotry, moron. Once again, you prove that one of the greatest evils on Earth is willful ignorance.

Umm, no. True Atheism is the total absense of any religious beliefs.Respectfully, no again. The Agnostic suspends belief until he sees proof. He admits he doesn't know if "God" exists. He waits for the "burning bush."

Remember what Obama told George Stephanopoulos on national TV, "Now George. If you have to use dictionary definitions you've lost the argument."

Not that I believe that, just being snarky. Remember that all such types if you will, have their extremists. And they also have their militants who aren't what they claim at all.

If you read how I define Atheism, you'll see it's a pretty moderate position but not anything close to Agnostic.

I hear you, it's just that with my scientific background definitions are very important so we follow them very carefully that way we allways have a baseline that everyone agrees on.

I hear you, it's just that with my scientific background definitions are very important so we follow them very carefully that way we allways have a baseline that everyone agrees on.
A consensus? :eusa_angel:

Problem with book definitions is, they re-write them.

A consensus? :eusa_angel:

Problem with book definitions is, they re-write them.

Nope, not a consensus at all. Definitions have been in place for centuries. It's lawyers that try to alter what they mean so they can obtain a new consensus:lol:

Heb 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

I can have 'faith' that the tooth fairy is real but that is evidence of NOTHING therefore this is a very clear example of a MISTAKE in the bible!:cuckoo:

How is you not understanding English proof of an error in the Bible?

The weirdest part of this is that I could easily name half a dozen errors and contradictions in the Bible off the top of my head, yet these idiots who want to argue that I do not understand the Bible keep posting stupidity and proving how little they actually know about the what they are discussing.

Of course they know little. Heck, even many people who should know the Bible know little.

People aren't reading it. Let alone studying it.
No need. You just carry it around and The Dupes will vote for you.
pResident Bush was proof of that.

Heb 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

I can have 'faith' that the tooth fairy is real but that is evidence of NOTHING therefore this is a very clear example of a MISTAKE in the bible!:cuckoo:

Why is it an "error in the Bible" because you theorize a faith in something that, in fact, you do not have?
well your premise is the one that is wrong i.e. i didn't say it was an error bc I 'theorize a faith in something...blah blah blah'....the part that is the blatant error is: faith (is)the evidence of things not seen....

'faith' is evidence of NOTHING and if there is any 'evidence' that something is real then that is called KNOWLEDGE not 'faith' i.e. it is a BLATANT ERROR!

I submit that the error is in your hypothesis, because it is based on the flawed premise that you, as an adult of presumably average intelligence and education, CAN, in fact, have faith in the existence of the tooth fairy....but that does NOT mean the faith in the tooth fairy is EVIDENCE that the tooth fairy is real:cuckoo:

If you believe in the tooth fairy your faith is evidence. Just because you cannot use that evidence to convince others does not make it not evidence, it just means that it is not objective evidence. If you understood English you would know the difference between objective and subjective evidence.

Placebos work. There is statistical evidence to support that conclusion, and they have even produced chemical changes within people's bodies that mimic the affects of the real medicine. The only logical explanation for placebos is faith in something unseen, unless you want me to believe that placebos are spontaneously changed into complex drugs one a person ingest them.

These results are totally subjective, yet completely real. They are repeatable evidence, but not testable evidence. This is not really a good example, but it does indicate how you are either ignorant about English, or deliberately misunderstanding the language. There is a difference between subjective and objective evidence, but subjective does not mean invalid.

If you really want to find errors in the Bible I can point you to some legitimate resources, but right now you just look like an idiot.

you couldn't be more wrong...the message of the New testament is love...the message of the OLD testatment is eye for an eye...killl KILL KILL!

No. The message of the New Testament is the good news that Christ atoned and died for the sins of the rose and conquored death, rising in the resurrection and that because of this, we likewise can overcome sin and death.

Of course, many of the stories in the bible are historically accurate but that does NOT mean the bible is 'the word of GOD'. It also does not mean Jesus is/was 'GOD'!

Which is, of course, why everyone needs to go to God and find out for themselves the truth. God didn't leave us without recourse to learn. He gave clear instructions on how to come to Him and be taught of Him.

The only reason I know that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Father, is because the Spirit revealed it to me. I could have read the Bible a million times or any other scripture or book. I could hear the testimonies of many people. I could see miracles. But the only way to know the truth about Christ and The Father is from the Father.

Unfortunately, it's amazing how many people, even those who profess belief, fail to ask the Lord and learn from Him.

Why let it bother you? You are angry about other peoples beliefs? That's stupid dude. The only person you can control is you, if you get angry because of others you are in for a ong painful, unsatisfying life. All of your creation.

Wise counsel.

I've heard it said that only a fool gets offended when someone means no offense. and a bigger fool gets offended when people do mean offense.

I think the same applies to getting angry at others.

There's nothing I can say to make you change your mind, or to convince you that God exists. Frankly, I could care less you think God exists. We'll both find out when we die....you just need to hope you're right. I don't have anything to worry about.
Wasting your life following the teachings from a 1500+ year old book written by humans who had no clue of our modern world IS something to worry about!

Anyway I do believe in "GOD"...the one and only VERIFIABLE "GOD"....
#1-Humans are not responsible for everything that exists.
#2-Something is.
#3-Whatever it was is debatable but we should call it "GOD"!

So "GOD" is very clearly real but "GOD" had NOTHING to do with the physical writing of the bible, the quran, or the torah and nothing you can say will change those facts!

Yet another opinion of yours. Wasting my life? lol. I have a great job, I make good money, I have a wonderful family, I have great friends, I hunt, I fish, I BBQ, etc... My life is great. I don't see exactly how this is "wasteful." I don't do anything on Sundays anyway, so I go to church with my wife. I don't run around wasting my time trying to coax alternate opinions out of you. I haven't condemned what you believe or your way of life, why do you insist on condemning the existence of someone who does believe in the Bible? Has MY believing in the Bible harmed you in any way. (And don't paint your answer with a broad brush.) Has MY<--(specifically me) believing in the Bible caused you any distress and hardship in your life....?

PROOF OF ERROR IN THE BIBLE.

the bible, in common with the texts of other abrahamic faiths is riddled with error.

what is frightening is those religoids that try to deny this.

its evidence of the harmful effect of these superstitions upon human beings.

PROOF OF ERROR IN THE BIBLE.

the bible, in common with the texts of other abrahamic faiths is riddled with error.

what is frightening is those religoids that try to deny this.

its evidence of the harmful effect of these superstitions upon human beings.

What's worse is you let it bother you....why?

Forum List

Back